Women 200lb+, Let's Jump To It This July!!!

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Weigh-in day!

Height: 5'2"
    SW: 252.8 (11/13/2020)
    CW: 220.2 (6/26/2021)
    7/3: 222.0
    7/10: 221.6
    7/17: 220.0
    7/24: 218.4
    7/31:
    GW for July: 215
    GW for 2021: 196
    UGW: 144 by the end of 2022

Ayyyy! I still don't think I'll actually make my goal this month but I can damn sure get close enough for jazz. I'll be happy with any negative progress between this week and next.

I realized, I think from a thread somewhere around here, that the Strong Curves lifting program I've been following for June and July is actually a 12-week program and not 8 weeks, so I guess that's half of my exercise for August sorted - lucky I have a blank page in my journal next to the June and July spreads, so I can just keep that going all in one place! The spreadsheet I found for SC only included the first 8 weeks for some reason. Weeks 9-12 Workout A involves push-ups, I haven't decided if I'm going to do wall/incline push-ups on a bench or something, or just swap in a chest press of some kind instead. I hate push-ups, my wrists don't like being hyperextended that way.

Among my cooking projects this weekend is going to be homemade marshmallows. Not like, fake sugar-free healthy marshmallows or whatever. Just, marshmallows. The theme for the Reddit 52 Weeks of Cooking challenge for this week is Camping, and the best thing I can come up with is s'mores. I'll need to run back out to the grocery for some unflavored gelatin but it doesn't seem that hard. The tricky bit is slowly streaming molten sugar into a stand mixer while it's running, so it's just dangerous enough to be intriguing.

Molten sugar, aka kitchen napalm. Dangerous indeed. Don't get in a hurry!
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @goal06082021 I love that the danger is part of the appeal! :D

I meal-planned for the upcoming week and now need to get groceries. I focused solely on recipes that I’ve already made that are on the healthier side and laden with fruits and veg. I find that when I meal plan and shop accordingly I’m waaaay more likely to stick to healthier eating.

I also signed up for an intro OrangeTheory class next weekend. I’m a little (a LOT) nervous about need something to get me going. I’m currently stalking the OTF Reddit to reassure myself that this was a good life choice.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • 57pattycake
    57pattycake Posts: 29 Member
    Height: 5'4"
    SW: 254 June 3, 2021
    CW: 239.4 June 30, 2021

7/03: 238.6
    7/10: 236.6
    7/17: 233.4
    7/24: 234.8
    7/31:
    GW for July: 232
    UGW: 160

Hello fitness friends! I had an addition instead of a subtraction this week. I often think about something in a post by that thrill seeking marshmallow maker @goal06082021I who wrote "weight loss is not linear" That is so true. But I still hold out hope to reach my monthly goal.

I also have a new scale - the fluctuations on my old one were crazy. I put a 10 pound weight on it and got 3 different numbers in 5 minutes. So I say goodbye old scale - You playfully winked losses, stood stoic on my plateaus and were there for all my smiles and groans. RIP
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @seltzer_lover I’ve heard of Orange Theory but don’t really know what it is.

@manny08phs you ARE worth it and you can do it!

@Imgoff232 and @JNettie73 great NSVs!

@goal06082021 those marshmallows sound delicious!

@57pattycake glad you got a new scale!

@JuneyCleaves you’ll get there!

@KeriA I’m so sorry to hear you’re having health problems. Please just take care of yourself! ❀️

• mcyoshimi11
    mcyoshimi11 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you so much, @RavenStCloud!

I think it was this time last year that I found your threads. I wish I could say I've made some awesome progress in the past year, but I've unfortunately had a few setbacks. I'm not letting it discourage me though! This month I'm going to weigh ever day and post my weight on Fridays.

Height: 5'11"
    Highest weight: 226.6 (May 2021)
    Current weight: 223.8 (June 30, 2021)

7/2:
    7/9:
    7/16:
    7/23:
    7/30:

Goal for July: Under 220

I'm working on accepting that the scale fluctuates a LOT for me. It's not unusual to see that I'm up 3 or even 4lbs from day to day. This makes it really hard to feel like I'm making progress because there is never a clear downward trend. I just don't drop weight quickly. Not sure if it's metabolism or what, but the most I can seem to manage is 4lbs. So these fluctuations really mess with my head and make me feel like nothing is working. Luckily, I have an app that smooths out the spikes and that is helping. I've also started my own diary thread here where I simply post my weight every day. It's all about the big picture.

Anyway! I love July 1 because it's like a mini New Year. A great time to take stock of plans and set goals for the next six months.

Last summer I fell in love with kayaking, and this year I'd like to try stand up paddling. I'm also swimming regularly at the local pool. I wish they stayed open until like 10pm but unfortunately they're only open from 1-6 and its SO HOT and no shade during that time here in Texas. I'd give anything for a pool where I could swim in the mornings. But at this point I'll take what I can get and will find a way to make it work!

Onward!

Focus on your measurements instead of the dreadful scale...it's helped encourage me more as I can feel my pants getting loose, but know if I weigh myself it may not be the number I want to see as we sometimes forget that we gain muscle. Sending positive encouragement your way!!!
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    @jazzadesigns - It's a HIIT workout and that's all that gym does. You rotate between treadmill, rowers, and floor exercises. I'm still really nervous, but getting excited to try it. I need someone to tell me what to do and don't want to pay for a gym AND a trainer. I have house-buying goals!

My weigh-ins are going to be Mondays.

Today's weight: 297 (this is an all-time high)
    GW1: 250

This weekend was good - meal-prepped, cooked one of my favorite healthy, delicious, FILLING meals, and made good choices. Left room for some treats each day.

Goal for the week: stay on track with calories and up my movement a bit (longer walks with the pups, walk breaks around my apt, using my standing desk more, etc).

Happy Monday!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @uyister thank you for checking in, that's a great whoosh! Good luck on your practicals!

I'm planning to up the intensity of my workouts next month - I was doing some simple Youtube kickboxing workouts back in April/May, stopped doing them in June when I started going back to the gym, and I want to start that up again. My legs have gotten incredibly muscular and I could not be more pleased! I have some opinions on most everything from the hips up, but the legs are πŸ’―.