WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    Well, yesterday was crazy productive. Not sure what happened for the sudden burst of energy, but wow! I am sure part of it has to do with catching up at work. A close friend said I shouldn't be working on the weekend, but if I don't get caught up before vacation then it will be hard to enjoy it. Slowly but surely one bite at a time! So Friday night I worked on invoices. Woke up at 3:30 am Saturday (was wide awake). I set priorities with invoices by ignoring the snow thrower ones for now. I was able to get the estimates and totals on all the others by 6:30. Then I went out with Steve and we replanted the plants they dug up doing the front sidewalk concrete. I will see how many survive in a couple of weeks, but it looks better. At work, got all the estimates called and a few of the completed ones. We were busy. I left the snowblower invoices at work. They will wait until Monday. After work, picked up a few items needed for Kentucky and headed south. Installed a new TV and I set up the new antenna.Yay! All in all a great day. Slept in this morning, now planning on doing either registrations, or studying. Haven't decided yet ;)

Machka and Annie Congratulations on losses!
    Heather UK Paint choices always make me nervous. When I find the right one it just jumps at me. It is amazing what memories certain songs or movies bring up.
    Machka I love that quote. I need to remember that. Though I think happiness can come from doing those things.
    Lisa I hope the calf is better.
    Margaret I am glad to hear that the swelling is going down.
    Tracey I bet it will feel good when you get the craft room done. It is nice that your daughter is willing to help.
    Terri Happy Anniversary! That is awesome!
    RvRita Beautiful pictures!
    Annie Great news on the loose swimsuit!
    Allie Learning something new will be good for you!
    Rebecca So glad your son dodged that bullet! My son in law wasn't as lucky.
    Beth So nice that you were able to share memories of your son with someone special to him. That is healing.
    Flea I love your attitude! I have read that attitude goes a long way! Being healthy in other ways is also a plus!
    Nikki I think it is great that your doctor recommended this site. It does work if you work it. The nurse at my doctor's office uses it too. She said (like me) that she really needed to start working it again.

Welcome Dana,Cheryland Nikki This is a chatty group. Don't feel like you have reply to everyone. Just check in often. IMHO you won't find better support anywhere else!

Like Barbie said, I need to get off this computer (well, I need to quit playing) and get some stuffs done!

Have a blessed day/night!
    <3
    Kylia mentally feeling better in Kentucky for today.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    PS. Love the pictures of grands, fur babies, and flowers.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD, this is when we groan "men"!
    My husband did make the bed early last night as I was mentally plugged into a Netflix series called " Katla", a volcano that seems to be spewing out changlings doubles of the residents there monitoring it! It set in Iceland, and one gal they found looks just like she did 20 years ago. They found the "present" version of the lady in Sweden and she arrived, meeting the 20 yr version. Its crazy! Lots of subtitles, but its got me hooked! So I forgot to make the bed!
    Awoke at 6am this morning"click"!
    Actually stayed up, took a shower, and am glassy eyed staring at this early world.
    Need coffee!
    Hugs to anyone that wishes one!!!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Hhhhh
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Snacker127 sorry to hear about your cat. I'm sure she was grateful for a loving home.

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Our rain came at last. It's been going on and off all day.

I'm waiting for my sons to reply to a couple of ideas I've had. Hmmmmmm! ;) At least they are now double jabbed. :D
    I hope my elder son will be able to help me by Zoom with some of the technology stuff I'm dipping my toe into. I'm debating visiting him soonish, or paying him to come down here to help me. I also want to catch the kids before they go up to visit my ex. I have proposed bringing fish and chips to them for early dinner tomorrow. Waiting for replies.

Cleaner tomorrow. I like her, so it's a nicer experience than the old cleaner. Will have to do a very quick tidy up in the morning. :p

Then, Tuesday, Gwendolen is coming over for lunch. DH at cricket. I haven't decided whether to order delivery, or buy some picky bits tomorrow. It will be the first time she is getting off the train at our very local station. Covid has rearranged the train timetable, as you couldn't do that direct before. :) It is only a halt.

All good here. Duck legs cooking away. Just got to hang up a laundry load.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx <3

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning again ladies
    I have laundry in dryer and watching cooking shows...
    I did buy the yarn for the baby blanket and waiting for the crochet hook from Amazon should come tomorrow, and then going to my friends so she can show me how to do the blanket..i have until January to get it done.. hopefully I can make a go of it.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌺🌷🥀
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So good to see SparkPeople here. I’m still getting used to MFP. Is it worth it to get Premium? Seems so pricey when SparkPeople was free and amazing.

I have premium because I track my macros carefully. This app is perfectly usable without premium. You can always try it for a month then go back to free if you don’t need the premium. I used it for tears without the premium and many women on this site as well. It is simply your preference. Read up on the difference and decide for yourself. Either way, I highly recommend this app!

RvRita long time member!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Katla Thank you for your experience and thoughts and sympathy on glasses
    Machka9 wrote: »
    also workers rights stuff but it's lagging.

we didn't have time to do certain things before, and mid-summer is not an ideal time to act, but certain government budgets are debated now, and voted in late august, so we had to do a last work, writing a letter and sending it to gov't people and so on.

I think I must have spent at least 20h and my colleague at least 10.
    I'm annoyed as many others in the collective are not lifting a finger to spend an hour or even less.

We did the most urgent and I'm leaving the rest for others ...or for no-one...

You must feel passionately about all that!

Do you get a benefit from it?

M in Oz

Machka nice chair.

Activist stuff
    Two people said they will help out this week. let's see if it happens.
    yes I'm involved! I might get a benefit if we are successful which we might be.
    Yesterday a colleague called us about 3 sudden just before summer firings which seem to take place in illegal weird way (by email ! asking for acknowledgement of receipt or else considered in agreement if no news in 10 days. )CRAZY. so we spent some time on phone and on mail yesterday and today. way too much.
    some human gratification. the colleague - who is helping out another colleague we don't know in her city said : thank you O and Julie for your responsiveness and your deep empathy ... it's precious.
    otherwise it's a mixed bag. I become known in these schools for this, but that could be a double edged sword. many (but not all) teachers will like me for that, and directors not want me around. I very much enjoy exchanging with some of the colleagues we work with on that as we SEEM to be making progress. we have little meetings with senators and representatives and some major union officials and a few other prominent people (in this little field) and that is interesting. I think we have a fair chance of success. and we are definitely giving voice many people experiencing some hidden issues, which is in itself a good thing. One commentor wrote "thank you for breaking the Omerta around this subject.
    If you have wasps in your area be careful. When watering today disrupted nest. Ended up with six stings. Took some Benytril to stop the itiching. My hands itiched and itched. I was stung on each arm. No stings in hands. Itching stopped now they just hurt some.. I did cover right away with clay mask to draw out venom, then ice, elevation, and some apple cider vinegar to neautrilize the sting. I always stop what I am doing when stung to make sure I do not a life threatening reaction. I plan to take it easy the rest of the day.

Margaret, ouch! glad you are ok and resting; I got stung by 8 hornets when a child. no big deal (maybe because of the ice ?) but my mom was angry and took me home to have a cold bath with ice which I remember not being keen on.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    Julie SMH at optician not testing for astigmatism, but hardly surprising considering her “manager.” So sorry you were subjected to such treatment. Will you review the shop on social media?
    Barbara I gave 1 star on google map. I didn't comment as it seems too personal to complain online (any employer can look at it, for example), and since he was horrible he could conceivable write a critical response, which wouldn't be great. They asked for more info on line but I leave it blank. The owner can ask the other employees if they want to know, since he was making quite a scene.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Yeah! We are taking fish and chips over to the kids tomorrow evening. My son won't be there, but DDIL and kids will be. It won't all be fish as Edie prefers chicken and I don't know what Bea likes, but DDIL will send her order to me. I haven't seen them for a while, because DH watched the Euros with them and I stayed at home.
    I really want to see them before they fly to Scotland. :o Organising a simple visit was surprisingly frustrating and difficult.

Katla - How frustrating about the knitting! Slowly does it. :)

Annie -((( HUGS. ))) I feel for you.

Flea - Sending good vibes. <3:)<3

Tracey - Appointment tomorrow? Sending best wishes.

Love to everyone, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    just skimmin

not a great weekend MFP wise.
    I had about a glass and a half of wine on Friday; I wanted to get a glass, and then the nieghbor friend I had a drink with spilled my glass after at least half drunk so got me another one. I felt heavy in the morning. then in evening was invited for dinner at friends place and usual French meal with wine. I must have had about 3 glasses from 8 till about midnight, with dinner. felt heavy again today. activist stuff ate up the weekend unpredictably.

(3 people were getting notification of firing in inappropriate way ; then colleague sent some misinformation to some key people - not a big deal, but to sort out ; then another guy in our was giving misinformation to us, gleaned from a union ; it all took time. it's essential because SO important, but not every weekend anyway.)
    we are not a union but are becoming like a reference between us if people have issues. I'm the usual go-to person, cause I know most of the laws and dynamics, and no one else active in our group seems to know nearly as much. (some of the not very active elder members are also knowledgeable but not available to contribute time)
    no pay, nothing.

no exercise this week - I wanted to go to the pool but didn't make it. I wore my bathing suit planing to go to the pool afterwards - but putting on the swimsuit alone doesn't seem to burn calories :D
    I had wanted to go to the beach but it was a rainy cool-ish weekend.

as exercise I sauntered to the café and back :D

I also drove about 1h or 1h30 on scooter yesterday evening, round trip. that actually burns a bit is a wee bit physical.

well - a new day tomorrow !