WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rita ... what great dimples Adam has!

Harvested my mint and basil. Pestos are done and getting ready for the freezer. Getting ready to dry some mint and then I'll probably empty the pot of all remaining mint. You can only use so much ...

Beth near Buffalo

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    RVRita ~ Great photo of your son and his son...they look so much alike! Glad that you are feeling better mentally and physically.

Katla ~ I wonder if you might be able to do an embroidered blanket for the new baby if the one you are trying to do doesn't work out. I used to enjoy embroidering items but have never even tried to knit or crochet.

Allie ~ If you watch the news, you know that crime is on the rise all over the US. I need a new car but do not want to buy a used one until the prices get back to normal.

Barbie ~ What you said about staying off the computer is so true. Unfortunately, I tend to stay on mine all day while watching tv. I used to be very active but aches and pains interfere with a lot of activities I used to do.

Rebecca ~ You find the prettiest pictures to post. Love them.

Carol in GA

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Carol - I was interested in your comment to Allie about crime rising all over the US - as that is not what is happening in my town. So I started to google crime rates and maybe I am doing it wrong but it was very hard to find any consolidated data of all the USA for this year compared to any other previous year. Do you remember where you heard that? I'm wondering how much they are up and in what catagory.

thanks Kim
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2021

Sorry if I brought up a sore subject! :'(
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,428 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Friend I met on my walk this morning.
    fbnmxe7vh0hf.jpeg
    Flea hugs right back at ya! <3<3<3

Things are going better here. Changing my attitude is rubbing off on DH. My colitis is under control. Just one day flare ups if I eat something I shouldn’t have. Still eating healthy, doing my morning meditation walks, and added a 5 min afternoon meditation.

Hugs to all who need them.
    RvRita

My son Brad and his son Adam
    9egykc3iq818.jpeg

Oh those dimples! Cute son and grandson!
    Rebecca
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Carol - I was interested in your comment to Allie about crime rising all over the US - as that is not what is happening in my town. So I started to google crime rates and maybe I am doing it wrong but it was very hard to find any consolidated data of all the USA for this year compared to any other previous year. Do you remember where you heard that? I'm wondering how much they are up and in what catagory.

thanks Kim

On the chance that this topic offends someone or gets political, remember that we've got a group we can use to discuss further. :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123702-women-ages-50

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    Gggg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    For the last couple of weeks I have done yoga so I decided at the last minute to to change things up and did a 10 Minute Solution pilates DVD then took my walk. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD.

Time walking: I also think that this heat may have something to do with my walk time not getting any better. I’m usually sweating by the time I’m finished. Actually, I’ve gotten to where I wear one shirt when I’m walking and then change afterwards.

Then made these chocolate chip bars for Vince. They’re in the refrigerator now and I’ll probably cut them up later today.

Lisa – when my daughter traded in her car, she had over 300,000 miles on it. And for many years before that she drove the beltway almost every day. It lasted around the beltway because it was a standard. Yes, she wanted a standard even tho she drove the beltway. I didn’t know that about diesels. Honestly, I didn’t think they made diesel cars any more, I thought it was only diesel trucks.

They’re stealing catalytic converters, here, too.

Snacker – I’m so sorry about your cat. We just had to put one of ours down, too. She had cancer. Actually, she had 3 lumps one of which was inoperable. One day she just couldn’t breathe, she wasn’t eating, one of her eyes was totally dilated and the other was like normal, she was very unsteady. We didn’t think she’d last until her next bout of oral chemo so we had to put her down. So I feel your pain

RV Rita – Is that a salamander? I’ve never seen one with spots, but then again, I’ve never seen one so big either. Great looking guys you have there

Anne DE – yea for fixing and not replacing!!!

Rebecca – we know you had to have some blueberry wine!!!!

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning- 2hrs 33min 21sec= 731c
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Macha - thanks for the links, that is what I was looking for.

Kim