Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• drollings2019drollings2019 Member Posts: 72 Member Member Posts: 72 Member
    @annliz23 I love that quote! It is so true. Since I started on my "fitness" journey, I have made so many changes and it feels great!

I am working on purging in all areas of my life. I am working on my house, getting rid of all the junk I don't need sitting around. I am hoping that will allow me to make room for a workout bench. Mentally, I am purging the negative thoughts about myself. All of these along with eating better are making me feel a lot better about myself and I just have a more positive outlook and attitude.
  • Alinouveau2Alinouveau2 Member Posts: 2,299 Member Member Posts: 2,299 Member
    Hey @alteredsteve175 hope your wife is doing ok. Health crises really suck

Hope all the middle agers are having a good week.... hump day means it's all downhill from here! I'm celebrating I only have 2.6lb to go before mt mini goal by cleaning my entire house in advance of a BBQ we are hosting this Saturday. Yes a BBQ is outside but the washrooms are inside our house. I'm gonna be making an ice cream cake for the party so I need to get my workouts in!

Keep reaching goals!
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,689 Member Member Posts: 1,689 Member
    Having a lazy DAY,
  • PhatNLazyPhatNLazy Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in. Upper range of the middle agers but it counts.
  • forestfreekforestfreek Member Posts: 5,767 Member Member Posts: 5,767 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well!
    It’s been awhile since I’ve been here 🥰
  • sarahmurch7902sarahmurch7902 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Happy Sunday Everyone 💖
    I'm finding it much harder now i'm 48 to lose weight, and going through the menopause isn't helping either lol.
    So i'd be truly grateful if anyone can give help and advice, so glad this thread is on here 💖
  • Katerr1kkKaterr1kk Member Posts: 81 Member Member Posts: 81 Member
    Love that quote above!

I am 41, ive lost 45lb and trying to lose the last 10lb but it is slow progress now (that's fine with me!) would love some more friends, please feel free to add me.
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 1,078 Member Member Posts: 1,078 Member
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great Thursday!
  • Jeffit_170Jeffit_170 Member Posts: 116 Member Member Posts: 116 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Good morning :)
  • scary_mary73scary_mary73 Member Posts: 52 Member Member Posts: 52 Member
    Hi there, I'm 48 and back here after a long break. I haven't been in the best of health, mentally or physically the past few years but I am turning it around. I have just started group sessions with a personal trainer to help me get back on track.

Happy to add more friends, the more motivation the better!
  • ToriaStitchToriaStitch Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    Evening all,
    I'm 48 and in the worst shape ever. Health and weight are the worst ever.

I tried a council led group, twice, through the doctors during lockdown and it didn't work.
    So I'm going back to counting calories, trying to give myself a boost to start with at 800 Cal's for a week and then on to 1000/1200. I'm on day 3 and feeling better.
    I need to loose some weight so that I can start exercising, I struggle to walk without using my inhalers and am worried about leaving the house due to my health.

I would love some friends for support, feel free to add me
  • laurateach73laurateach73 Member Posts: 14 Member Member Posts: 14 Member
    Hi everyone! 44 year old here, back on mfp after a few years of gaining weight. I’m 50 lbs heavier than when I had my daughter 3.5 years ago. I can’t even blame baby weight, it was all my overeating. Time for a turn around.

Please add me as a friend, would love all the support I can get!
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,689 Member Member Posts: 1,689 Member
    Just checking in. Trying to keep this thread active.

Finally some good news on the home front. My wife has an appetite. Requested a steak for dinner yesterday. Ate a 6 ounce steak and some vegetables. Made her bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. She said that her sense of taste has returned. (She missed her chemo infusion last week, so that is probably the reason.)

We will see if this good trend continues when/if the chemo infusion resumes. Fingers crossed.

That's great news Steve.
  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Member Posts: 1,078 Member Member Posts: 1,078 Member

Finally some good news on the home front. My wife has an appetite. Requested a steak for dinner yesterday. Ate a 6 ounce steak and some vegetables. Made her bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. She said that her sense of taste has returned. (She missed her chemo infusion last week, so that is probably the reason.)

We will see if this good trend continues when/if the chemo infusion resumes. Fingers crossed.

That's wonderful news.
  • Alinouveau2Alinouveau2 Member Posts: 2,299 Member Member Posts: 2,299 Member

That's fantastic. I hope she keeps improving.
  • SLuv0710SLuv0710 Member Posts: 22 Member Member Posts: 22 Member
    qqwwjab0g2vn.jpg

Hello! Almost 50 here. Never thought I'd be living my best days at 48! Feel free to add me!

Wow! Great results! What a great post! I'm having trouble sticking to my plan...but I got a habit tracker and will start there. Thanks for sharing.