July 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Teresa502 πŸ™‚ I'm glad you're ok after your fall.

@penguinmama87 I also recommend chatting with Garmin customer support. I have had great experience with them. I have had bands break a couple of times and been replaced free. And once I had a GR35 that stopped vibrating. It had had it a couple of years and when I asked if there was any thing we could do, they told me to send it back and they replaced it free. I ended up replacing that watch, but only because I wanted a few more features. I went with the FR45S. It is still pretty basic, but does everything I need and it wasn't too pricey. Plus I liked that it has smaller version.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Hi all (Elise here). Where is August's thread? I know @shanaber had been busy and @avidkeo too, so feel free to take the initiative if it's not been posted, remember we have a few that are a day ahead of the US. Perhaps I'll think up a monthly question...

I came across a suicide awareness virtual run on FB and wanted to share it (lost son, Alex). I'm not running or even walking but still rehabbing. Definitely gonna grab the swag for this event to further the cause.

Remember to take care of yourself and others.
    New thread inbound (hope somebody else isn't doing the same and we get two of them)
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Hi Elise!
    Thanks @WhatMeRunning!
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    4.4 mile easy run, with 498 feet of elevation.

Hoping to do a longer run tomorrow to finish the month.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 – 3.02
    7/2 – 5.02
    7/2 - .50 cool down
    7/3 – 4.02
    7/4 – 1.05 with pups
    7/4 – 1.44 hiking down and back up from swim basin
    7/5 – 4.67 trails
    7/5 - .41 cool down to get to 5 miles
    7/6 – rest day walked the dogs
    7/7 – 4.03
    7/8 – 4.04
    7/9 – 5.19 miles of cross training – bike (not counted in miles)
    7/10 – 13.11 July Half Marathon Monthly challenge
    7/11 – rest day
    7/12 – 3.02
    7/13 – 6.1 miles of biking (not counted in miles)
    7/14 – 4.05
    7/16 – 5.01
    7/17 – 3.02
    7/19 – 7.01
    7/20 – 3.11
    7/21 – walked the dogs – may bike later
    7/22 – 5.01
    7/24 - 5.01
    7/26 - 4.11
    7/27 - 2.10
    7/28 - 3.35
    7/30 - 4.13

90.24 of 65 miles

Can someone tag me in the August thread please.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d thanks for the link, I’m going to sign up.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm three days behind again. Will eventually catch up.

@Avidkeo Glad the nice lady paid for the transfer for your race. That was sweet of her.

Congratulations on exceeding your monthly target mileage and running the most miles in a month ever @Scott6255 ! I agree that @AlphaHowls needs to get recognition for her accomplishments!

@martaindale Which HM are you training for?

CONGRATULATIONS @abowersgirl for running 5K! It sounds like you are hooked. I'm confident you will be able to complete your 10K in September.

• quilteryoyo
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @katharmonic I hate to hear that about Stella! I hope she is doing better now.

@martaindale Congrats on getting into your new house. Enjoy exploring new, hillier running routes.

@rheddmobile You are definitely having some HOT weather. You and your DH are beasts for running outside anyway.

@kgirlhart Sounds like you are doing great with Hal's plan.

Great running everyone. It wasn't as hard to catch up as I thought it would be. Thanks for setting up the August thread @Whatmerunning!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @katharmonic So glad that Stella is doing better. I know that is scary for you and her. Looking forward to the hiking pictures.

@penguinmama87 I hope you can get your watch replaced, since their "fix" didn't last. Yea, I'm rewarding myself with running gear too. :lol:

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @penguinmama87 I hope you can get your watch replaced, since their "fix" didn't last. Yea, I'm rewarding myself with running gear too. :lol:

I can definitely get behind this concept of "rewarding" myself with running gear! It sounds so much better than "pampering" as I tend to convince myself, and way better than the "frivolous" that I suspect my wife would like to call it (but is quite supportive, to be fair).