What's on your mind?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    70 pages into this “secrets of six figure women” and theres a quiz.... lists galore... this reads like every magazine and online article. 😐
    I feel it’s a bit patronizing but I can’t tell if it’s just my broke *kitten* mentality. Idk if I like that the author is an heiress either. It’s not someone I can relate to.
    Loved the first few chapters, a little inspirational.

For a second, I thought we had the same book. You may like this one?
    This was published at the actual turn of the century 😭 No ebook available but you can still get it in print, apparently.

yc7abxp2djsi.jpg

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    70 pages into this “secrets of six figure women” and theres a quiz.... lists galore... this reads like every magazine and online article. 😐
    I feel it’s a bit patronizing but I can’t tell if it’s just my broke *kitten* mentality. Idk if I like that the author is an heiress either. It’s not someone I can relate to.

For a second, I thought we had the same book. You may like this one?
    This was published at the actual turn of the century 😭 No ebook available but you can still get it in print, apparently.

yc7abxp2djsi.jpg

I’ll look into it. I only have the book that I have because it’s the gf’s birthday present that a older gentleman, who we used to work with, suggested it. According to his story he’s pretty wealthy and thought maybe the rest of us just needed to read a book. 🧐
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    PAWGliacci wrote: »

like those articles where someone writes about how they paid off their entire debt in 6 months but mentions they lived in a house or apartment owned by their parents and didn't pay rent the entire time

Or the single mothers who got to bring their baby to college. My friend tried to do that in beauty school and was sent home. She dropped out. Somebody has to be watching that baby and it can’t be you at work or school but claims this, “Didn’t let a baby hold me back from my dreams and did it with no help!” 🙄
  • healhierhappiness
    healhierhappiness Posts: 102 Member
    how do I find every post I have made here?? I would like to see who replied liked etc... I only see one know I've done more TYTY
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I’ll find them and hand deliver.

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

They don't sell them here (US) it looks like. But!

They sell these here..
    1ky149223sk6.png
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

Marry me too 🥰💍
    qnzq1mmzygz0.jpg
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,437 Member
    On cognitive dissonance...

Whatever you believe about yourself is the truth.That's your paradigm.

But if the truth is negative or unhelpful, then find whatever will, motivation, mantra or gumption you need to stop fighting against your success today.

Embrace The Better You even though it's challenging because life is gonna be a constant challenge whether you suck or succeed.

There's just way more clarity for problem solving when you're succeeding though.

...Hopefully, I wasn't just talking to myself here 🤷🏿‍♀️

I heard ya! ☺️
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

Marry me too 🥰💍
    qnzq1mmzygz0.jpg

🤨😡
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    On cognitive dissonance...

Whatever you believe about yourself is the truth.That's your paradigm.

But if the truth is negative or unhelpful, then find whatever will, motivation, mantra or gumption you need to stop fighting against your success today.

Embrace The Better You even though it's challenging because life is gonna be a constant challenge whether you suck or succeed.

There's just way more clarity for problem solving when you're succeeding though.

...Hopefully, I wasn't just talking to myself here 🤷🏿‍♀️

Yep, we're our own worst enemies. :/ When I was a preteen-ish little girl, I was picked on by strangers, parents of friends, people I really didn't know. I became what they picked on me about, like a self fulfilling prophecy. It's been a challenge to this day to overcome what I had convinced myself I must've been because if adults were saying it then it must be truth. :/ Granted I'm much better now, with different perspective and all that but it does take a lot of positive self-talk to rise above certain things. Certainly made for hellish teenage years though.

Well, that's my story of what was on my mind after reading your post @MaltedTea. :)
  • lx1x
    lx1x wrote: »
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

They sell these here..
    1ky149223sk6.png

You have all the best foods 😤

Told ya to move.. 😝
  • slimgirljo15
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

They sell these here..
    1ky149223sk6.png

Told ya to move.. 😝

She is..
    To Australia 😝
  • lx1x
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

They sell these here..
    1ky149223sk6.png

Told ya to move.. 😝

She is..
    To Australia 😝

That's not a move.. practically still somewhat uk'ish.. 😂
  • slimgirljo15
    Where I can get these
    9lydxo4ks3as.jpg

I'm gonna marry you 🥰

They sell these here..
    1ky149223sk6.png

Told ya to move.. 😝

She is..
    To Australia 😝

That's not a move.. practically still somewhat uk'ish.. 😂

Oi, cheeky 😄
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,417 Member
    how do I find every post I have made here?? I would like to see who replied liked etc... I only see one know I've done more TYTY

@healhierhappiness, from the website not the app, go to one of your posts, click on your name which is a blue hyperlink then select "see all" which is located under the badges. It brings up a new page that tells you the number of reactions you have and below that your activity (discussions you've started and discussions you've replied to) as well as a whole bunch of other things that may or may not be interesting to you. Welcome to the forums. 😀
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2021
    Elijah Snow. The American firefighter vacationing in Mexico and found dead trapped in a window.

That’s weird...

Was he running from someone?
    Why was he in a different hotel?
    Why did his wife leave him by himself knowing he was drinking?
    Did someone lace his drink and he was having a bad trip?

🧐
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Maybe someone kidnapped him, he managed to get away but ended up getting stuck in the window 😫

That sucks.

Maybe he wife paid someone to murder him.

Where’s the camera footage🗣🗣🗣
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    I am wondering why there are no gamers groups that are active. I finally have a working console and have no one to talk fitness games (or otherwise) with. I am not a hardcore gamer but would love to know how others deal with the struggle of wanting to game but then sitting still for hours (I have a Switch with Ring Fit but also have Legend of Zelda and few others that are sedentary games).