KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Inconsistency.

This is me... so I'm mostly irked at myself 100% of the time. :joy:
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    People who are incredibly hostile towards the demographic they are claiming to help.
    People who are incredibly hostile towards the demographic they are claiming to help.

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    People who stand in the way. Next time you're out in public, be aware of where you are standing, because you just might be in the goddamn way.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    People who disagree with the most basic stuff.
    Like: “Don’t be a total kitten to other people”
    Go ahead and disagree with this statement.
    It just shows you’re a total kitten.

🤣
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    What. Was just trying to change the channel..

😝
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    What. Was just trying to change the channel..

😝

😆
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,553 Member
    Options
    How bad I’m craving a frozen Dr Pepper from Micky Ds.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,811 Member
    Options
    Button pushers in general. I dealt with one today.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    People who assume they can tell me - a whole grown azz adult - what I can post on my own Facebook page.
    People who are not my boss, or my partner, or my parent.

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    People who purposefully push buttons but then get annoyed when you react negatively.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Rude and unnecessary comments.

For context, I'm a member of a book swapping site. Part of the site's policy is to allow members requestor conditions because too many members cannot be arsed with basic posting guidelines and send members books that would be better off in the garbage. Books that are severely damaged, missing covers and are otherwise unpostable once someone is done reading them.

I usually request no excessive water damage, no ex library books and no books that have highlighting or pen writing in them (because that gives me migraines). Nowhere do I request "like new" books. I have my requestor conditions because having been a member since 2009, I have been sent SO many books that were in "trash" condition.. some were even falling apart!

Yesterday, I sent a request for a book I thought my son might like. I got declined with a comment reading "This is a book swapping site. Stop being so full of yourself. If you want a like new book, go buy it yourself" or something to that effect. Uhm.. you could have just politely declined my request stating your book didn't meet my requirements *or* that you don't deal with users who have RCs for books and that would have been FINE.

But no, this person had to go be a rude *kitten* about it.. and the worst part is I can't even respond in kind. Completely messed up the rest of my day.

Well, that is completely rude!! Maybe they'd been burned before and taking it out on you?

I used to be a member of a book swapping site until they started charging for it. I was just using the forums by that time because had swapped so many books and started getting them at yard sales/library/etc. cheaper than paying postage. :( Wonder if it's the same site?? I was there a long time. :(
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,811 Member
    Options
    People who purposefully push buttons but then get annoyed when you react negatively.

It almost sounds like we dealt with the same button pusher!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Thought of @Revolu7 yesterday while I was mowing the neighbor's yard. I saw a hole in the ground I'd just mowed past and hornets were buzzing in and out of it. So I steered clear and went to tell my neighbor. He's 88 and stubborn as he!!, told him not to do anything silly like trying to get rid of them on his own(which he's been known to do many times). He assured me he wouldn't. Next thing I know, he's shoving this 2 yard long stick into the hole, riling those nasty things all up. I gave him he!! from 10 ft. away and told him to go back in the house. His reasoning was he was going to mark the spot so everybody could avoid them. Good idea but no need to make them angry. :/
    Guess my irk this morning is stubborn people. :)
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

Yes
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Rude and unnecessary comments.

For context, I'm a member of a book swapping site. Part of the site's policy is to allow members requestor conditions because too many members cannot be arsed with basic posting guidelines and send members books that would be better off in the garbage. Books that are severely damaged, missing covers and are otherwise unpostable once someone is done reading them.

I usually request no excessive water damage, no ex library books and no books that have highlighting or pen writing in them (because that gives me migraines). Nowhere do I request "like new" books. I have my requestor conditions because having been a member since 2009, I have been sent SO many books that were in "trash" condition.. some were even falling apart!

Yesterday, I sent a request for a book I thought my son might like. I got declined with a comment reading "This is a book swapping site. Stop being so full of yourself. If you want a like new book, go buy it yourself" or something to that effect. Uhm.. you could have just politely declined my request stating your book didn't meet my requirements *or* that you don't deal with users who have RCs for books and that would have been FINE.

But no, this person had to go be a rude *kitten* about it.. and the worst part is I can't even respond in kind. Completely messed up the rest of my day.

Well, that is completely rude!! Maybe they'd been burned before and taking it out on you?

I used to be a member of a book swapping site until they started charging for it. I was just using the forums by that time because had swapped so many books and started getting them at yard sales/library/etc. cheaper than paying postage. :( Wonder if it's the same site?? I was there a long time. :(

There's a good chance it's the same site. :joy: They have a sister DVD and CD swapping site, too. I don't utilize them as much.

There used to be one way back in the day that swapped all three + games and the algorithm would work out the fairest trade (usually between three parties). I miss it, but yeah.. they started charging for use sometime shortly after I moved to Japan (so 2011-2012 or so), so I stopped using it.

The one I use now has been around since 2007. I do pay for a membership, but it's not required. I just trade so many books with people that the membership was worthwhile for me.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Housework.
    All of it.

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Salsa in my fridge i shouldn't eat