August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• julieannegannon
    julieannegannon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @teresa502 yes 3:00 am here in Yuma, AZ is much better temperature wise between 85 to 92 degrees outside during the summer. When the sun comes up the temperature creeps up quickly to over 100. One of my most favorite Christian techno songs is Press Plays NY2LA right now. It really makes me move along faster.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @teresa502 I did see 1 shooting start this morning. So that is a total of 2 in the last 2 days. That is one more than I have seen my entire life :D

Now I really wish I had gotten up earlier! I woke at 4:00 and 5:00 but didn't drag myself out of bed until 5:30 and out the door at 6:00. I'm getting up at 4 in the morning to meet a friend at 5 but I will have city lights to contend with then.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 - I lost my post too - I know I commented on @polskagirl01 doctor experience. Don't think there was anything untoward in my post other than saying that I am so over having doctors (and others) tell me why I shouldn't be running and wondering just what they think constitutes an active fit life...
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Scott6255 - I lost my post too - I know I commented on @polskagirl01 doctor experience. Don't think there was anything untoward in my post other than saying that I am so over having doctors (and others) tell me why I shouldn't be running and wondering just what they think constitutes an active fit life...

I saw that post! Very strange.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,073 Member
    Options
    Nice run @Teresa502 . I never went to the Gray fair, but my brother did a few times as a teenager. I think it is a lot bigger than our local one.

Wow @julieannegannon... 3 am! I get why you do it, but I just couldn't. I'm impressed.

@martaindale If you are following your plan, you will probably hit your goal again. It's hard to believe that the month is almost half gone already! Hahaha that your run overlaps with your daughter's reluctance to get going in the morning.

@Scott6255 Nice run. I'm sure once the weather cools down you'll be back to normal with the HR.

@shanaber I saw your post too. Did it disappear? Weird.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,073 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Nice running in the heat and humidity. I think Hal should take that into consideration somehow. I wouldn't like not being able to see the plan either. I want to know what is coming up.

Nice running and walk @rheddmobile! Love the moss formation on the tree!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,112 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Versa 2 which I am starting having problems hooking up with GPS lately and I’m seriously thinking to get a Garmin. Your thoughts?

I had a versa for a while and had problems with the GPS as well that drove me to get a garmin. I went with the vivoactive 4s and have really loved it. It was a good balance of smartwatch functionality and running data with internal GPS tracking. It's also a good size for me.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @julieannegannon - I can't speak to an Apple Watch at all, but have loved everything about my Garmin ForeRunner watches over the last several years (originally a 630, now a 245). I can't recommend the 245 any higher for the amount of features at the price.