August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 that's why I gave up on speed work for August. When the lows are 90° it's nearly impossible (for me) to get excited about & properly execute speed work.

5 miles in the rain today. Ok, a light sprinkle. Felt like I needed more sleep.

62/192
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @skippygirlsmom 🎂🎉
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @skippygirlsmom 🎉🍰
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @skippygirlsmom! Nice job on the 6.0 miles 😁

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Happy 6.0 @skippygirlsmom 🎂🎈🎉
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @skippygirlsmom! That sign was definitely meant for you! Also you can't be 60 - not possible at all!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Yeah, I give up on speed work during the summer too. I’m not getting a good workout trying to do speed work in this. Existing outside is a workout in this.

@rheddmobile Those temps are nuts. I’m glad you guys took it easier today and your husband made it.

@skippygirlsmom Happy Birthday!!

I am enjoying reading everyone’s responses to the monthly questions. It seems that several of us use routines/discipline more than motivation to keep moving forward.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    Options
    Nice improvement @julieannegannon !

@Tramboman I'll take some of that rain if you want to send it my way. Hope you "feel" better tomorrow.

Nice run @Scott6255 . I have a hard time judging pace too, so I totally understand.

@polskagirl01 Glad you were encouraged by the fact that others are struggling too. Good luck on your race and I hope your family will cheer on the bikers.

@skippygirlsmom Happy Birthday! I believe that sign was for you too!

Nice run @sweetdaisy13 !

@rheddmobile I thought it was hot here today. Nothing like that. Glad there were no signs of heat exhaustion today. I don't know how anyone could run in pants and long sleeves in that...maybe they have some sort of cooling properties?

Glad you were able to get your run in early @katharmonic !