August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,094 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso The luge would be fun! Nice 5K too!

Glad you had a good run @Tramboman .

@julieannegannon Great job getting out there when you didn't feel like it. Glad your headache went away.

Great run @Scott6255 ! That big fireball was hidden by clouds here, for most of the morning.

@katharmonic Glad you got out and ran with your friends today.

@polskagirl01 Glad the nude beach wasn't totally nude. Funny that the only thing that makes them stare is swimming in the cold water. Great hike/run and garden work too. Nice active day.

@martaindale Glad the trail is mowed and that you have a trail friend, both dog and human.

As for the monthly question, I would probably chose gymnastics. One thing I really wish I would have gotten to do as a kid was dance and/or gymnastics. They are so graceful and strong!

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Wow @AlphaHowls getting stung multiple times in the same place sounds terrible! 😩 I hope you can find a way to make it tolerable until stings dissipate.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Oh no @AlphaHowls . I just got stung by one a couple of weeks ago and it hurt like crazy. Way to get your run in under those circumstances. I hope the itch and pain go away soon.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Just finished watching the men's Olympic marathon. First, kipchoge is just on a different level. Second, they ran a marathon in the same time I run a HM. I literally cannot comprehend being able to run that fast.
    Kipchoge is back on top, all is well in the world :)
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Tramboman I do remember watching Captain Kangaroo but do not remember those songs. Hahaha about that is the reason you run alone.

@martaindale I would probably ask permission too, if the person was standing there. Glad he allowed it and thought it was funny. He probably was wanting to do it himself.

@sweetdaisy13 Nice pace for that run! Our goals give us motivation as something to strive for. If you try hard and don't make it, no big deal. You are doing great.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman I do remember watching Captain Kangaroo but do not remember those songs. Hahaha about that is the reason you run alone.

@martaindale I would probably ask permission too, if the person was standing there. Glad he allowed it and thought it was funny. He probably was wanting to do it himself.

@sweetdaisy13 Nice pace for that run! Our goals give us motivation as something to strive for. If you try hard and don't make it, no big deal. You are doing great.

The "Clap your Hands" one featured a pair of hands in white gloves clapping against a black background.