8/3 – 5.01
    8/5 – 3.01
    8/6 – 6.22
    8/8 – 6.01
    8/8 – 3.39 biking
    8/10 – 6.01 Happy 60th birthday to me
    8/11 – 3.03

35.3 of 70 miles

Thank you all for the awesome birthday wishes, it was a great day (if I don’t include work LOL). I think this is the first year I said WTF how did I get this old, but my life is good and for the most part of very healthy so I’m happy to see 60. It’s the first year in a few that Skip isn’t moving into a dorm on my birthday, so decided to wait until Friday this year.

@rheddmobile I wanted to complain about the heat but 90 feels like even at night is insane. Can’t imagine long pants and sleeves

I walked out the door this morning and was like someone hit me with a wet wall. Cut my run to 3 miles, I just couldn’t by .5 miles the sweat was already in my face.

@swenson19d so much love and hugs for you always. “runs together” I see what you did there. Ha ha next year it’s 4.5 love it or 2.9 as @Tramboman suggested ha ha!

My stupid car is still in shop (day 7) but they were nice enough to send me the estimate, hey I didn’t want to buy the car again just get it fixed…. $2800 naturally it’s out of warranty, so I’m back to those beans and cornbread @quilteryoyo I won’t have it to take Skip to school so I had to rent an SUV, luckily I get our company discount so I don’t have to pay some of the horrifying prices I’ve heard. I have a free day and a free upgrade but neither applies to the SUV, which is actually funny since I take pretty much take any car on the lot for the same price through work. Most of her stuff is in a storage unit down there and if it wasn't for the futon I could probably rent something smaller but was only a couple dollars more for the SUV.
  • DuchessDiona
    DuchessDiona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    11 mile hilly trail run, average pace of 10:37 min per mile and 1,592 feet of elevation.

August cumulative:
    25.2/100 miles
    3,146/10,000 feet of elevation

Great pace on a hilly route!
  • DuchessDiona
    DuchessDiona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You guys, I finally had a doctor (allergist) tell me I shouldn't be running - does this make me a real runner now? 😁
    Note: I will still be running, and we all know it - including the doctor, who had her say but then made the treatment plan with me still running :D

Keep safe!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,073 Member
    Options
    Great run @julieannegannon ! One of my playlists if Southern Gospel.....probably on the complete opposite spectrum from Christian contemporary techno music.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    August 1 – 6.33
    August 2 – 5.35
    August 3 – 5.28
    August 4 – 5.27
    August 6 – 6.04
    August 7/8 – 5.01
    August 9 – 4.83
    August 11 – 5.59
    August 12 – 4.08

I didn’t get out in time to see any of the meteor showers this morning although it was still dark when I headed out the door at 6:00 am. I was treated to a beautiful pink sky and sunrise though as I shuffled along. When I got back home I drug out my yoga mat and did a 30-minute video on the porch before it gets too hot to be outside.

Way to advocate for you, your health and your sanity @polskagirl01!

@katharmonic – wise decision to run in the cooler morning instead of evening.

@quilteryoyo – I’ve never been to the Gray fossil site although I went to a wii bowling fundraiser a few years back that was held inside one of their buildings. I think the Gray fair is in a couple of weeks. I always loved going to that as a teen and still enjoy walking around to see all the entries and displays.

Way to push through the run @julieannegannon! Did I read some place that you run at 3:00 am? I listen to Christian contemporary music often but have never heard the techno version!