August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• DuchessDiona
    DuchessDiona Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I am at the point in the month where my mileage goal feels unattainable even though it is calculated from a training plan. Like, I'm almost halfway through the month and only at 17 miles!! This happens almost every month.

Do your mileage plan rack up in the latter half of the month?
  • DuchessDiona
    DuchessDiona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @julieannegannon I have been using the Garmin Fenix 5 for the last 2 years and I love it. It ticks the boxes for all activities, GPS and music. Another plus for me is ability to sync with different apps including Nike, Strava and MyFitnessPal I know they are distributing Fenix 6 now but I am sure the features are even better.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options

I am at the point in the month where my mileage goal feels unattainable even though it is calculated from a training plan. Like, I'm almost halfway through the month and only at 17 miles!! This happens almost every month.

Do your mileage plan rack up in the latter half of the month?

Right now, yes. I am early in a HM training plan so the second half of the month definitely has more miles per week that the first. But also it's partially perception. My goal seems so far away in the beginning of the month then, like magic, it all comes together at the end of the month.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    @julianannegannon I have Aftershocks headphones.  They are bone conducting headphones that sit over your ear. I like them because I can still hear everything around me and I feel safer.

I switched from a fitbit to a Garmin a few years ago.  I think they are much better for running.  I started with a basic Forerunner 35 and just recently switched to a Forerunner 45s. It's still a fairly basic watch but not as pricey as some and both of the Forerunners I have do everything I need.

Good luck tomorrow @polskagirl01!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,064 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @julieannegannon Nice walk. I have Trekz Titanium bone conduction headphones and love them. I do have the Garmin Forerunner 235 which I also like. Just be sure to compare various watches, and headphones, and decide what is best for you based one what you want to use it for.

@Teresa502 Being able to say you got it done in those conditions is huge. WTG!

@Tramboman I hope the niggles are temporary and don't come back on your next run.

@RunsOnEspresso Way to dig deep down and get it done.

Nice running @katharmonic ! Enjoy your hike. Looking forward to your photos and hiking report.

@DuchessDiona Way to get out there and get it done.

You are amazing @AlphaHowls !

@polskagirl01 It sounds, and looks, like you had a great time cheering on the bikers! Enjoy your race tomorrow!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    @julieannegannon - I had the Aftershoktz Trekz Titanium headphones for a few years but kept having problems with them. I will say the company was great and kept replacing them but it just got to be too frustrating. I replaced them, or rather my husband replaced them for me at Christmas with the Beats Powerbeats Pro and I love them. They are easy to use fit well and integrate with my phone. I can get a call or text messages (Siri reads them) so I never have to take them out my phone when I am running.
    I don't have a Garmin, I use my Apple Watch with Strava on it. However that is because that was what I had when I started running and it works well for me. I like all the other functions of my Apple Watch, don't really went or need to have a separate running watch. That said if I were going to get a running watch now I would definitely get a Garmin.
    Hope you aren't too banged up from your fall. If you can get out for a walk (or laps in your house where it is cool) that has helped me in the past avert the ongoing stiffness after a fall.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats @polskagirl01 that is awesome!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    August 1 – 6.33
    August 2 – 5.35
    August 3 – 5.28
    August 4 – 5.27
    August 6 – 6.04
    August 7/8 – 5.01
    August 9 – 4.83
    August 11 – 5.59
    August 12 – 4.08
    August 13 – 5.15
    August 14 – 5.52

I saw four shooting stars this morning….I think I did anyway. I started around 4:45 am because I had some other morning obligations. My battery on my light died about 1.5 miles in but I know the road pretty good so I just kept going. I live out in the country so no street lights and what few neighbors I have were still in bed – imagine that on a Saturday morning – haha. A storm had rolled through before midnight but the sky had cleared up and was just full of stars.

Ouch @julieannegannon – Glad you weren’t more seriously injured in your fall. Darn speedbumps!

Congratulations @polskagirl01! What a tough course but you did it!!! That’s a beautiful medal.

Congrats on your virtual 10K @RunsonEspresso!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Congrats @polskagirl01 on that very tough race! The pics of some of those inclines look daunting! Way to power through!

Great job on your 10k @RunsOnEspresso! Nice to hear you are feeling so great 😊