August 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - so awesome for Skip.

@polskagirl01 nice job getting a hike in while recovering from your race. I'm not going to tell my trainer that quote "if you're getting enough air to complain...you're fine". Ha, love it.

@rheddmobile and others, very glad for the break in the extreme heat for you.

@WhatMeRunning glad to hear your test run seems successful.

@TheMrWobbly good to see you check in. Walking counts in my book too!

@quilteryoyo I know that snoozing for over an hour feeling. I am not a born early-moring runner and I wish I was. Great job on your tempo run!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Glad to hear you are easing back into running. I hope the PF gives you a break.
    @quilteryoyo You are doing a great job!
    @katharmonic Awesome hike! I love hiking so much and can’t wait for the weather to chill a little so I can get back out there. Until then, I’ll live vicariously through you!
    @Tramboman I hope your hamstring feels better.
    @julieannegannon Good work on your run!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 that is way creepy!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom overall, as a nation of only 5 million, we pretty much agree on a full lockdown. We've got the benefit of seeing what's happening overseas with delta variant. NSW in Australia is a good example of what happens if it gets loose. It was only 1 case yesterday, but this morning it's already up to 5 confirmed, and they have only just started testing.

There will be people who disagree, but they are such a minority that they are largely ignored.

It does mean I'll be able to catch up on my paperwork cause works going to be quiet, since all out patients, clinics and non essential images will be cancelled
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    It cooled down a bit today, and rained in the morning. So the trails were wet, but my legs are feeling a good bit better (still sore, but in a good way if that makes sense), so I walked an easy mile to show my family the way to the old abandoned hospital building I saw yesterday, then switched my watch over to "trail running" and went up a nearby peak. Fast-ish hike up, slow careful jog down. 6k with 380 meters up & down was just about perfect for my legs today.

OK but now the creepy part. I was getting into the climb, maybe a kilometer away from the main road, and it was quiet with no one around. All of a sudden, I hear music. Like toy music, the kind that's in those musical greeting cards that plays when you open the card. I stopped, looking around, reaching for my phone but realizing, that's not my phone. I was getting ready for a clown or something to jump out and murder me. This is how it happens in horror movies, I am done for. Then, as "Santa Clause is coming, to town" sounds, I look over and see a picture on a tree, like the kind people here put up for saints or with a crucifix or something, and it has a little light lit on it. That's where the music was coming from. I'm guessing I tripped a sensor somewhere. What kind of person puts something like that in the middle of the woods?
    hrqvfk31ean7.jpg The picture looks like one of the "Stations of the Cross", so there are probably more out there 😱. Someone clearly did not think things through when they put that music on there.

"He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness' sake."
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 yeah that would have freaked me out too!

Nice run @sweetdaisy13!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    You're doing great @julieannegannon ! Glad you are okay after your fall.

Sorry about the hamstring issue @Tramboman !

Thanks @Scott6255 ! Speed work doesn't have to be pretty to be beneficial, thank goodness. :wink:

Thanks @martaindale ! You are doing great. Slowing down in the heat is helpful.

@skippygirlsmom Glad I'm not the only Southern Lady who sweats that much and doesn't just glisten, as the old saying goes. I'm not sure I have had sweat dripping from my elbows before, but it does roll down places you wouldn't expect!

@polskagirl01 Love your hike report and pictures. I can't imagine hiking for over 12 hours! That would be spooky to hear music in the middle of nowhere. Glad you found the source.

Nice run @sweetdaisy13 .