Great race @polskagirl01, well done!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great race, @polskagirl01 !!!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Amazing job on that tough race @polskagirl01! Wow! It makes me wonder how it compares to something like the hike I'm doing tomorrow. I will have to look at the elevation profiles. You are tough!

Great job on your virtual 10k @RunsOnEspresso. So nice to have a good run.

Nice running everyone.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!!

Sorry for my absence and I am going to have a read through the July and August posts to catch up on everyone's successes.

Nothing for me. I have been seeing a physio for 3 months who told me I had to go running a couple of weeks a go. I did C25K Week 1, Day 1 and was limping for the rest of the week so she is kicked to the kerb. Would anyone object if I finished the rest of the 'Run the World' challenge with walks? I am going to have to stick to cycling to and from work.

Back on the weight loss programme and down from 114.20kg to 112.35kg this week. Rock on another big week.

Hope you are all having fun.

Welcome back, and absolutely count your walking. We know you're running in your heart :smile:
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,062 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I'm glad I'm not the only one who sleeps in and then regrets is. LOL Sounds like you are doing great in these conditions. We all need to listen to our bodies and allow ourselves to cut a run short if we need to. Glad you were able to run more than your 60/30 intervals. Maybe you need to increase your electrolytes when running in the heat to prevent the cramps. I'm also with you, hoping that running in the heat will make my Sept HM feel not so horrible. :wink:

Happy Sunday everyone!!

Sorry for my absence and I am going to have a read through the July and August posts to catch up on everyone's successes.

Nothing for me. I have been seeing a physio for 3 months who told me I had to go running a couple of weeks a go. I did C25K Week 1, Day 1 and was limping for the rest of the week so she is kicked to the kerb. Would anyone object if I finished the rest of the 'Run the World' challenge with walks? I am going to have to stick to cycling to and from work.

Back on the weight loss programme and down from 114.20kg to 112.35kg this week. Rock on another big week.

Hope you are all having fun.

Welcome back, and absolutely count your walking. We know you're running in your heart :smile:
    I totally agree!

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,062 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Glad your run finished well. I saw goldenrods blooming here yesterday and thought "Allergies. Here we come." but I haven't seen as many ragweeds as normal, so hopefully the allergies won't be too bad this fall. Congrats on the lilac bloom.

@polskagirl01 Glad you had a nice family hike today - even with kid drama. :lol: That is a lovely, but steep mountain to run. You did great!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    @julieannegannon Good job getting your run done after the fall. Hope you feel ok after!

@Tramboman Hope you feel better soon!

@katharmonic Enjoy your hike. Looking forward to hearing/seeing all about it.

Great work getting to your goal this month @Gmcgovern41 !

@polskagirl01 Good job on a really tough course!

• DuchessDiona
    DuchessDiona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats on another race @polskagirl01 ! Lovely pics!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman - I often end up with "It's My Party" in my head when I am running and now I have it and can't make it go away!
    Why are goldenrods and purple asters blooming a sign of doom? I love lilacs and just wish they would grow and do well here but mostly not. It never gets cold enough for them.
    @polskagirl01 - that race you did was brutal but I still love where you get to run! Hope the kids 'survived' the hike!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 - that race you did was brutal but I still love where you get to run! Hope the kids 'survived' the hike!
    If you're getting enough air to complain, and then almost at the top find the energy to angrily run off in the opposite direction from where we're going, you're fine, haha. We had snacks at the top, and going downhill was much more pleasant.

ETA: @martaindale Mmmmm... homemade brownies are the best!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Tramboman - I often end up with "It's My Party" in my head when I am running and now I have it and can't make it go away!
    Why are goldenrods and purple asters blooming a sign of doom? I love lilacs and just wish they would grow and do well here but mostly not. It never gets cold enough for them.

"Doom" might have been a bit overblown, but Autumn will not be far behind them, followed by our favorite season for running -- Winter!!!