GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

👍

thank you :smile:

• carelynn114
    carelynn114 Posts: 290 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Also, don’t get me on form! The dancer in me still wants my toes turned out!! I’m working on it! 😜
  • Ander254
    Ander254 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    KA Amazon I been looking at this thread for hours...Great Stuff
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    k9dli60752zj.gif

Went to the gym. It closed early, tried to run outside, but didn’t beat the rain… soooo. Lifted random stuff in my garage! Approx 25lbs gas can!! Not dangerous right? 😂

Love it and thanks for sharing! Not dangerous at all... Unless you're smoking haha.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Ander254 wrote: »
    KA Amazon I been looking at this thread for hours...Great Stuff

Thank you! 😊
  • Ander254
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 why do you deadlift in socks? Does the arch hurt your back after you bench?

Tons of questions
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 why do you deadlift in socks? Does the arch hurt your back after you bench?

Tons of questions

Well... I also go barefoot...so it depends on whether I had them on already. I lift in my basement, so I don't need to wear shoes if I don't want to. The less between your foot and the ground, the better energy transfer of the weight into the floor. I don't like shoes. Haha

As fit the bench... I have a natural arch lying flat. The extra bit of arch I use to set my shoulders and drive them into the bench doesn't hurt me at all.

Thanks for asking!
  • Ander254
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 I would always see ppl deadlifting without shoes on but I never wanted to ask.
    I am trying to build my bench press back up because for 20 years my form was terrible. But I am much older now so I really dont go heavy
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 I would always see ppl deadlifting without shoes on but I never wanted to ask.
    I am trying to build my bench press back up because for 20 years my form was terrible. But I am much older now so I really dont go heavy

I'm turning 45 this year and this is the heaviest I've ever lifted. I have been working very hard on my form over the past few years, to avoid injury as much as possible. Take lots of video and review. Ask for feedback.

If you have the ability... Get a coach to help you with those initial lifts in person. It makes a huge difference!
  • Ander254
    Options
    Great Advice! Sorry for all the questions!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Great Advice! Sorry for all the questions!

Ask away! I don't mind. 😊
  • Ander254
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The exercise working the hamstrings with the band I am definitely trying that one tomorrow. Great Tip I sent FR.💪🏽💪🏽
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited August 2021
    Options
    The exercise working the hamstrings with the band I am definitely trying that one tomorrow. Great Tip I sent FR.💪🏽💪🏽

Just make sure you have weight on your cage if you use it. Lol. I tried it without the squat bar loaded and that was almost a disaster. 😂

Thanks for the heads up about the FR. I don't usually pay attention to them...I'm not the best friend in the world. 😳😖
  • Ander254
    Options
    Thanks for the Tip 🤣🤣🤣 I will stay on this tread for workout tips from ppl
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Back when I was doing stronglifts, I tested my 1RM (one rep max) for squat. The most I ever lifted in a single squat was 230lb.

Then I hurt my hip. I have been slowly rehabbing it ever since and have been basing my squats on a max lift of 205.

Tonight I tested my squat 1RM... And I did 240lbs! A gain of ten pounds on my best ever! I am sooooo happy!!!

xum5pa5ddnt5.gif

That look you gave after 240....happy satisfaction with some pride....awesome feeling...gratz.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    truGAINS wrote: »
    Back when I was doing stronglifts, I tested my 1RM (one rep max) for squat. The most I ever lifted in a single squat was 230lb.

Then I hurt my hip. I have been slowly rehabbing it ever since and have been basing my squats on a max lift of 205.

Tonight I tested my squat 1RM... And I did 240lbs! A gain of ten pounds on my best ever! I am sooooo happy!!!

xum5pa5ddnt5.gif

That look you gave after 240....happy satisfaction with some pride....awesome feeling...gratz.

Thank you! I was so happy!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    I'm testing my deadlift 1RM. I am super nervous! I want to do well and I know it's going to be so heavy!

But... That's the point, right? Lol

Here's what I was thinking...
    3 @ 50% - 135lb
    3 @ 65% - 180lb
    2 @ 75% - 205lb
    1 @ 85% - 235lb
    1 @ 95% - 260lb
    1 @ 102% - 280lb

If I can keep going, I'll go up by 5 or 10lb.
  • Ander254
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Its coming
  • Ander254
    Options
    Hold on wrong one..