GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Ander254 wrote: »
    akeo4yoj5bdv.gif

Ohhhh you meant for that one! Oops! Sorry 😁 the one I GIFd was for the leg press alternative. Sorry!

Pro tip... If you need more resistance, slow down and move the bench further away. 😁
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    truGAINS wrote: »
    I'm testing my deadlift 1RM. I am super nervous! I want to do well and I know it's going to be so heavy!

But... That's the point, right? Lol

Here's what I was thinking...
    3 @ 50% - 135lb
    3 @ 65% - 180lb
    2 @ 75% - 205lb
    1 @ 85% - 235lb
    1 @ 95% - 260lb
    1 @ 102% - 280lb

If I can keep going, I'll go up by 5 or 10lb.

The last two were uglier than I would have liked... But I did it! Haha

New 1RM PR of 280lb

p5w1dfx6blfc.gif

2 PRs in the same week? What's your secret? 🤔 Awesome gratz

Thanks! I actually PRd all three lifts. Bench, squat, deads.

I followed a 7 week cycle, 4x a week, and lifted according to that. It included accessory work, varying techniques, rep abs set volumes. At the end I tested all my 1RMs and saw growth in all three. I'm going to do a deload week now, let myself recover a bit and then start at week one again, using the new PR numbers as the baseline.

@KickassAmazon76 You feel a 1 week deload will be sufficient? How are your joints holding up?

I think a week should be plenty. My joints feel fine. Muscles and body are a bit tired in general, but I just came of 7weeks / 4x a week. I'll do a week of half the volume and less sets and see how I feel. I don't want to lose ground.
  • Ander254
    Ander254 Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 I felt a good burn! My gif is on super speed for some reason...Imma try that one again..Thanks for the tip and exercise idea!
  • Ander254
    Options
    I didnt see the leg press alternative gif yet
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Bump
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited August 2021
    Options
    9pqhwu2ljome.gif

That was last night. Today is a rest day. 😁

@ander254
    This is one that has the leg press alternative using bands. (the exercise after the squat) 😊
  • Ander254
    edited August 2021
    Options
    GOT IT!
  • Ander254
    Options
    I will try that Sunday!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Ander254 wrote: »
    I will try that Sunday!

This is the one you need to make sure you anchor your rack (if you have one). Lol. I almost tipped mine because I'd unloaded my bar. 🤪
  • Ander254
    Options
    Lol!!! Thanks for the Tip!! I will definitely let you know how it goes
  • truGAINS
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Nice work

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Nice work

Speaking of nice work… @truGAINS let’s give this a go 😉

pwex9k6gboo5.gif
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    A little off-topic, does anyone have any lifting shoe recommendations? I'm on my second pair of Under Armour lifters (very similar in style to metcons or nanos) but I think they need replaced as I've been having some weird pain/cramping in my midfoot, heel and one of my big toes. The midfoot cramping isn't new, when my last pair was ready to go I was dealing with that quite a bit but subsided as soon as I got the new shoes. I'm speculating the toe issue is shoe width-related so I've been looking at wider toe box and minimalist shoes like the Ursus from Bearfoot and the inov8 line. Anyone have experience with either?
  • truGAINS
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Nice work

pwex9k6gboo5.gif

Thanks 😅
    that's a 95 pound dumbbell for 10 reps....goal is 100 pound for 100 reps over 8 sets
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »
    Nice work

pwex9k6gboo5.gif

Thanks 😅
    that's a 95 pound dumbbell for 10 reps....goal is 100 pound for 100 reps over 8 sets

I shall now accept all the "Inspirings" on your behalf. 😅
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Back in the gym. My squats seem to be a little more consistent now...working through that wierd mind/body disconnect.
    0eov7795iswe.jpg
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    A little off-topic, does anyone have any lifting shoe recommendations? I'm on my second pair of Under Armour lifters (very similar in style to metcons or nanos) but I think they need replaced as I've been having some weird pain/cramping in my midfoot, heel and one of my big toes. The midfoot cramping isn't new, when my last pair was ready to go I was dealing with that quite a bit but subsided as soon as I got the new shoes. I'm speculating the toe issue is shoe width-related so I've been looking at wider toe box and minimalist shoes like the Ursus from Bearfoot and the inov8 line. Anyone have experience with either?

Lift without shoes man! Seriously, so much better to lift barefoot. It has improved my stance so much, and i never have any trouble with my feet again.
    I have pretty wide feet myself, so it was always a struggle to find proper shoes, but then i saw an article from Richard Bell (probably number 1 coach here) about lifting barefoot (or with socks on) and i never went back
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I just use my old "dead" running shoes for lifting.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I’m hardly in y’all’s class, but I accidentally wore a pair of my Leguano’s to the gym one day and discovered they are perfect, especially for squats. If I wear athletic shoes, they tend to pitch me forward. My trainer likes them so much she prefers I wear them.

Leguano’s are a barefoot shoe, insanely comfortable, you can throw them in the washing machine, they last forevvvvvvvvver, and they are the next best thing to being barefoot or just wearing socks, something our gym frowns upon for safety and sanitary reasons.

They have raised the price though. I’m shocked and am glad I bought a backup pair two or three years ago. But I haven’t even made a dent in the soles of the first pair and I wear them all the time, including on my walks, or walking up to the yoga studio, and they’ve been through the washing machine many times.

Might be cheaper to order from a European seller.

https://leguanoshoes.com/product/lady-loop/
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    @steveko89
    Foudn this article about weightlifting shoes or not. Might be helpfull for you:

https://pumpsomeiron.com/squatting-barefoot-vs-lifting-shoes-why-does-it-matter/