I Don't Care About You -well I do but not like this

Options

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I hide all the subforums I don't wish to see the posts to.

I view the remaining subforums via the recent discussions list. The recents discussions posts would be full of chit chat and fun & games posts if I didn't hide those subforums.

how do you interact with friends on their feed?

when they post something, you can reply to it. similar to facebook. unlike FB though, you wont receive a notification they have replied. you have to go back and look, which is a tad annoying.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    RA_Warrior wrote: »
    I am looking for friends. To be honest I would love to have an army of friends beside me as long as I will be here, which could take a while. I need to hear the truth when I slack off, I need to be 'yelled at' when I quit for no reason. I want to be with a group that takes this all seriously. I am afraid my expectations might be unrealistic?

I just realized that we are all starving for even the smallest show of kindness and attention after almost a year in logdown, even if it’s just a random stranger online. Am I unfriendly?

one more quick thing before i go finish my morning rounds.

Maybe our definitions of 'friends', and 'kindness' are different. Well, I think its obvious they are. I expect my friends, real life or internet, to support and encourage when I am struggling with something. Not berate and yell. Now, we all have different needs, and respond to stimulus in different ways. Some respond better to being yelled at than I would, I suppose.

Again, I truly do hope that you find the group of people and support that you are looking for.

• RA_Warrior
    RA_Warrior Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I'm a happy person. Maybe thats why you deleted me (truly, i dont care why). I laugh at myself. I laugh at my animals. I laugh at everything pretty much. Its that or have a nervous breakdown some days. And I hope I make other people on my friends list laugh. I truly do. Because this world is sad and serious enough as it is. And I LOVE the people on my friends list that share the kaleidoscope of their lives with me, as I share mine. And that is why I happily accept the majority of friend requests. Because there are some great people out there, if you give them half a chance.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

NO, I deleted you as a friend because I wasn't interested in your daily dog posts or your WordPress blog. You had warned me and you were right. That was all.

Sometimes honesty is the kindest thing.
  • RA_Warrior
    Options
    I hide all the subforums I don't wish to see the posts to.

I view the remaining subforums via the recent discussions list. The recents discussions posts would be full of chit chat and fun & games posts if I didn't hide those subforums.

How do you do this? And how do you interact with friends on their feed? I am new (but not my firstrodeo lol), with a long ways to go and also have found many threads wonderful in their camaraderie, but consumed by topics not of interest to me (at this time at least).

But I do want to plug in somewhere.

I have never been in the subforums, but I imagine that many who have reached their goal weight are just staying here because of the small talks and the connections they have made.

As for interaction with friends on your feed. I have no idea, I am trying to figure out how to make this space 'my space' myself.

As for the people who are consumed by topics of no interest to you. This thread took care of a lot of them. I got deleted as a friend, which is so much easier than the other way around.

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I posted this. Besides some really bad and wrong assumptions about me as a person, I learned a lot. Thank you for all the inspirational and motivational answers.

My little space on MyFitnessPal will be as superficial or as helpful as I will allow it to be. Who knew, I can adjust settings?

I have opened my diary (didn't know it was not automatically open to friends.)
    I adjusted my newsfeed. No more notifications about who befriends who.
    Some friends have deleted me. Thank you so much I prefer being axed over axing. :-)
    I found out I can ignore people's postings if I want -and so can they.
    Also, side effect, it seems I can adjust my diary to my needs. I am stunned and thrilled.
    It's ok not to be everybody's sweetheart. Just like in real life.

I will make some changes here. I will let people know what they can expect and what I expect.

I always introduce myself with every friend request I send, and I think I will from now on I will ask for the same.
    I will change my profile and will let future friends (and foes) know about my high expectations, wishes, and dreams. :wink:

I am a straight shooter and honest. I don't want to change that ever. I like me

I have (and will) get healthier and lose ALL the weight because there just isn't a plan B. I am either doomed or I will save myself.

In the end, it is what you make it. It sounds to me like you can make some adjustments that work for you and move forward. Just remember, we all differ in where this fitness thing falls into our lives. And at some point, the more people understand you, the more they might be able to help when or if you struggle.

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I am so glad I posted this. Besides some really bad and wrong assumptions about me as a person, I learned a lot. Thank you for all the inspirational and motivational answers.

My little space on MyFitnessPal will be as superficial or as helpful as I will allow it to be. Who knew, I can adjust settings?

Some friends have deleted me. Thank you so much I prefer being axed over axing. :-)
    Also, side effect, it seems I can adjust my diary to my needs. I am stunned and thrilled.

I will make some changes here. I will let people know what they can expect and what I expect.

I always introduce myself with every friend request I send, and I think I will from now on I will ask for the same.
    I will change my profile and will let future friends (and foes) know about my high expectations, wishes, and dreams. :wink:

I have (and will) get healthier and lose ALL the weight because there just isn't a plan B. I am either doomed or I will save myself.

Just a little heads up with regards to the bolded: I don't think the message you send along with friends requests actually works on MFP, I've never actually seen a message with the friend requests I've received.

I've seen them in the past... I think. But I've also seen recently that you can message someone that isn't a friend, which wasn't the case for a period of time. But I've been known to be wrong as well.....
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    edited August 2021
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

Just a little heads up with regards to the bolded: I don't think the message you send along with friends requests actually works on MFP, I've never actually seen a message with the friend requests I've received.

I've seen them in the past... I think. But I've also seen recently that you can message someone that isn't a friend, which wasn't the case for a period of time. But I've been known to be wrong as well.....

the last i heard you can not message someone who is not a friend but who knows anymore...

to the sender it looks like it sent but the recipient never gets it
  • RA_Warrior
    Options

Thanks, me neither but a few sent a private message with the request and I was wondering why. You just explained it.