Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,570 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    During our physicals and bloodwork DH had a high bilirubin (but that is normal for him since his teens). Doc pursued a liver scan just in case. It was clean and clear ... no issues. Whew!

Really glad to hear that your hubby is okay. Perhaps that little scare will create more AF nights for you both. Way easier for you I would think when he also is abstaining.
    A walk is an excellent substitute for wine, nice habit to get into!!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - I use to buy garlic braided ... it made a cute decor nailed on the side of my kitchen cabinet away from the window.

@MissMay -I wish I could ((HUG)) you. I know it is difficult watching not one but two hubbies drink themselves to the point of no return health wise. My grandmother died of cirrhosis of the liver and it is one of my reasons for being here to be accountable and drink less. Any chance your DH2 will go get a physical and liver scan?

It took a lot of work on my part to convince DH to do the follow up liver scan requested by the doc after his blood results. I'm pretty sure he was not honest with the doc regarding the number of drinks each evening nor his stress & depression. Not sure if the mental gymnastics he went through after the blood results and before the results of the liver scan will make a difference in the future but for now he is not drinking 2-3 bottles of wine + bourbon in the evening by himself (more like only 1 bottle of wine) and he is joining me for a few AF evenings. 🤞
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @MissMay

What a memory you have! Yes, I used to rent out rooms, it has been a long time. I like College students from September to April, that leaves the room vacant for company the rest of the time. College has been online only since March 2020.
    I also have a guy coming for 7 weeks, Cranbrook has a big Trades wing, and those working toward their journeyman tickets have to do 7 weeks each year for 4 years, they come from all over.
    I wouldn't normally rent out both spare bedrooms otherwise. Without tenants I have had one full of winter clothes and gear, the other full of summer clothes and gear. I was planning on just moving everything to one room before I was asked to rent out to this trades student (carpentry). That will pay for my birthday getaway to somewhere close, bigger trip planned for late April next year, I can only get 3 days off for this one since I just started the restaurant job in April.
    I have a double shift tomorrow, but will find time to finish up the room for the guy who is coming Wednesday morning. Then I will work on the other one for next Monday's occupancy here and there prior to that.
    Busy!!

I harvested garlic this past week, watched a youtube video several days ago that said to leave it for 3 days and then braid it.
    Lol, looks kind of messy, but it is done. I have never done that before, I usually hang them for 3 weeks and then put the bulbs in netting in a dark cupboard. Apparently when you braid it you leave it like that and take a bulb off as needed. Like...so where on earth do you hang it? Anybody?

I do not have braided garlic, but it sounds great! But for onions, I buy them in 3 lb bags and transfer them to net bags such that they're not touching each other and hang them, for lack of a better place, in my washer-dryer closet. Probably not the best place, but it is a double door closet in the kitchen so it's close at hand when cooking and usually dark. I'm down to my last couple onions or else I'd attach a photo of what I mean.