Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Interesting podcast! Fast forward to 15:30 to start listening. Toward the end of the discussion they talk about ways to drink less and cognitive behavior.

Joan Tucker, senior behavioral scientist, the RAND Corporation
    Sherry Price, host, 'Drink Less Lifestyle' podcast

4,500+ Skimm'rs recently told us about the pandemic habit they most want to kick. One of the most common answers? ‘Drinking.’ We asked the experts: are we the only ones? And, how can we cut down if that’s something we want to do? (15:30)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/soundtrack-to-the-summer/id1454021155?i=1000516334645
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,602 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goal, 16-20 AF days for the month, diary style

Sunday Aug 01 - Drinks, planned drinks day - 2 1/2 drinks. Thursday is my next planned drinks day.
    Monday Aug 02 - AF
    Tuesday Aug 03 - AF
    Wednesday Aug 04 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow night after work
    Thursday Aug 05 - 2 drinks
    Friday Aug 06 - 2 drinks
    Saturday Aug 07 - Drinks - I had planned to be AF, and then my schedule got changed and I am off tomorrow, so going to have a couple tonight.
    Sunday Aug 08 - AF - I get off at 3 on Wednesday and don't go back to work until 5pm on Saturday. Planning drinks for a couple of those days. Haven't even had Mojitos yet this year and the Mint is so perfect right now. That might be on the agenda.
    Monday Aug 09 - AF - Surprise double/split shift. Very tired.
    Tuesday Aug 10 - AF - I will be having drinks on my days off, and finally will have the time to go to a lake or even a motel with a pool. This could be the last few hot days of the season, I was working too much to enjoy the hot weather prior to this. Very excited about getting a few days off. I know that I still want at least 10 more AF days this month.
    Wednesday Aug 11 - Mojitos with a friend out of the mint that I grow, the first of the season. Planned drinks again for Thursday.
    Thursday Aug 12 - Drinks on my porch after getting back from the lake. AF planned for Friday

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 12 days
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to everyone
    Well I am off for the weekend
    I was not AF last night, but DH and I talked about it before we purchased. This was our once a week drink and that is fine.
    Hopefully we come back rested and restored. Since I hear ya @Fit_Happens_2021 about anxiety! Seems this has been very stressful these past weeks. Hence our leaving town.

Everyone please be safe and cool. See you Sunday night
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I had the lake to myself for an hour.
    I was asked to pick up a shift today, but this is my first 2 off in a row, the last hot days.

Going to a different lake today after cutting the grass and stuff and getting nice and hot.

Some of you will recognize this lake from my previous years' posts, it is kind of like my home lake.

Smoky, but no clouds. So lovely

f7ijqg3ojfo0.png

xq4ckfgl04k4.png

My little set up:

4c3n3ie4b27m.png

We drink Casears in Canada, this is a new one that I had in the fridge for a few weeks, with a Kootenay true ale. I never liked beer until I found that AF beer, blonde lager.
    Sciracha! So freaking delicious.
    @Lilylady3k You once asked me what I liked to drink. Apparently all sorts of stuff. I don't think that there will be any one dollar rum punches in the Caribbean this coming birthday, I won't get enough time off. Having fun looking at where I will go dependent on how many days the restaurant gives me. Lots of good options.

vgn845t6g2f3.png

A couple of little beans are sprouting : - )

rtdreur6kc88.png

Smoky skies. I can really smell it today, off to jump in a different lake.

icr5370ebzra.png

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - The sriracha spiciness is wonderful on many things! I've not tried it in a drink yet. I'll have to look around for the Mott's Caesar Sriracha Clamato! Though it has alcohol ... you going AF on your beer helps balance out your day I imagine. Now I'm wanting a Bloody Mary :)
    Your lake pictures look so relaxing. Thanks for sharing.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 AF
    Aug 2 AF
    Aug 3 wine
    Aug 4 wine
    Aug 5 wine
    Aug 6 AF
    Aug 7 AF
    Aug 8 AF
    Aug 9 wine 3 glasses
    Aug 10 wine 4 glasses - went a bit off the rails last night and feel icky this morning. Goal is AF for the next 4 days
    Aug 11 AF
    Aug 12 AF
    Aug 13 AF
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goal, 16-20 AF days for the month, diary style

Sunday Aug 01 - Drinks, planned drinks day - 2 1/2 drinks. Thursday is my next planned drinks day.
    Monday Aug 02 - AF
    Tuesday Aug 03 - AF
    Wednesday Aug 04 - AF - Planned drinks tomorrow night after work
    Thursday Aug 05 - 2 drinks
    Friday Aug 06 - 2 drinks
    Saturday Aug 07 - Drinks - I had planned to be AF, and then my schedule got changed and I am off tomorrow, so going to have a couple tonight.
    Sunday Aug 08 - AF - I get off at 3 on Wednesday and don't go back to work until 5pm on Saturday. Planning drinks for a couple of those days. Haven't even had Mojitos yet this year and the Mint is so perfect right now. That might be on the agenda.
    Monday Aug 09 - AF - Surprise double/split shift. Very tired.
    Tuesday Aug 10 - AF - I will be having drinks on my days off, and finally will have the time to go to a lake or even a motel with a pool. This could be the last few hot days of the season, I was working too much to enjoy the hot weather prior to this. Very excited about getting a few days off. I know that I still want at least 10 more AF days this month.
    Wednesday Aug 11 - Mojitos with a friend out of the mint that I grow, the first of the season. Planned drinks again for Thursday.
    Thursday Aug 12 - Drinks on my porch after getting back from the lake. AF planned for Friday
    Friday Aug 13 - Drinks. Friday the 13th!! I had intentions to be AF, but just wasn't. Had an awesome day at another lake. Photos to come.

Rolling total: 6AF days out of 13 days