Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 - Hmmmmm that is a long time for . to reappear. Maybe the sugar from dessert & cake?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I am continuing with my usual goal, 16-20 AF days for the month, diary style

Friday Aug 13 - Drinks. Friday the 13th!! I had intentions to be AF, but just wasn't. Had an awesome day at another lake. Photos to come.
    Saturday Aug 14 - AF - I am at about 50% this month so far, kind of like last month where it was top-loaded with drinks days.
    Sunday Aug 15 - AF - Schedule change and I have the day off tomorrow - this sometimes signals that it would be a good time to have drinks. I think that with working as much as i did all through the spring when days off didn't exist, I became very self-indulgent once they appeared and I knew that I actually had the next day off. Still a good idea for me not to drink if I have work the next day. Refrained today, more for my waistline than any other reason : - )

Rolling total: 8AF days out of 15 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn

Thank you for the link to Skagit. Beautiful! I was thinking that it is way too late in the season for tulips, but of course as I read down I see that it is April 10th.
    Quite an undertaking. Such a positive light.

I thought that you were in Washington, then was confused that you had art hanging in Maine. You go girl!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    lilawolf wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Had a fantastic time at the wedding. It was beautiful. Saw tons of people haven’t seen since our kids were in grade school. Hope I didn’t get covid (no one taking precautions). Stuck to my drink plan but ate more than planned. Again. Seated dinner with desert... then wedding cake. After dessert. They plated 3 cakes on each plate- wedding, groom’s AND a strawberry birthday cake for the groom. Is that a thing now— dessert then cake?

Out of curiosity...what was the pre-cake dessert? I really can't imagine what would get me ready for cake after a full meal. Strawberries maybe? Anyway, good job sticking to your drinking plan. Never easy at a big event.

@Womona I bought a trailer, played around in a parking lot, drove to my place and backed it, drove across the country....then ended up needing two different guys help backing it in the parking garage of my apartment...I hate that. I'm a mechanical engineer, drive/race/overland, and very self sufficient. Felt like such an idiot, but the boys didn't mind lol.

The pre-cake dessert was a miniature trio: cheesecake with strawberry slice on top, key lime tart, blackberry cobbler. To be fair they were quite small, e.g. the cheesecake was the size of a button, and I wouldn't have known there was any blackberry in the cobbler had the menu not stated it. But add that to the plate of 3 cakes, it was a lot of tastes.