Less Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2021 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• ON_A_DIET
    ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello! You do not have to miss out on delicious drinks! I am a group leader for a group all about Mocktails. The name is Mocktails. I research nonalcoholic drinks also known as virgin drinks. I then share the recipes for the drinks. For example, a virgin whiskey is one part Mountain Dew and one part A & W root beer. Tastes just like the real thing! Won't you kindly join the group? I hope to get your reply soon.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,560 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 wow, how do you use the chilies after you take them out of the freezer? I've never tried them, curious mind here.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @ON_A_DIET - Like @Mellie289 I'm on the less alcohol kick to reduce calories as well as not wake up with a hangover (no sugar hangover too LOL).

But that said I ran across an interesting mocktail that I'm considering trying out. It looks sweet and spicy. Pineapple Jalapeño Mockgarita
    https://tajin.com/us/recipe/pineapple-jalapeno-mockgarita/

@Healthymumlife & @spygirl2014 - I prefer dry wines and it is hard to find a good AF version. But my wine guy at SPECS suggested a sparkling one for a mimosas party I was hosting and it is now one of my go to ... especially as I now have a DIL that is pregnant and joining me in more AF evenings. It is not very sweet (not dry either) and those drinking it usually don't know it is non alcoholic. Try these Spanish wines:
    - Rondel Zero from Spain. It's a Cava
    - AF faux bubbly rose Senorio de la Tautila
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Everyone is on a roll and me too! AF again last night. My diet is better also, even taking a liking to Barilla brand red lentil pasta spirals (100% red lentil) with TJ's Arrabiata sauce. It's got the cholesterol reducing fiber, the protein, etc and keeps me full for long. Sadly, no cheese because I am on a strict no-dairy plan next few weeks.

Speaking of cheese....and gelato....and wine.....curious to get more details on Ahoy's trip to Italy! Will you have time to hit Tuscany? I have never been, but suppose I'd fast as much as I could before going and make it an eat-hike-drink (not too-too much) and repeat trip.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    This time we're heading south, because it's October and it will be a little warmer in the south and also because I have never been to the Amalfi coast and have wanted to go for decades. We will basically walk from the town of Amalfi to Sorrento staying (and lunching) in charming coastal and cliffside towns along the way. So hopefully it will be exactly as you describe! A few days in Ischia & Rome at the end. <3

This sounds like a Backroads trip. I've been looking at them and thinking that they sound awesome. Are you using a particular company to support you on your trip or are you planning it on your own? If so, which company and trip. I would love to get recommendations. Curious minds!
    https://backroads.com/award-winning-tours/walking-hiking/italy

https://www.onfootholidays.co.uk/routes/amalfi-coast/
    I've never done backroads, or any package tour travel for that matter.