What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Scammers. Today I'm irked by scammers who pretend to be my boss and ask me to buy gift cards for clients and send him the authorization codes.

Can't fool me that easy - my boss would not be emailing me at 6:30 a.m.

I am selling a Halloween costume on OfferUp for $10. As soon as I posted it, I got a message. This scammer was saying that he'd send me a code to make sure I wasn't a scammer!!! I just said goodbye to him. I'm not saavy on the scamming game. But it sounded fishy, like if I clicked on his code, I'd be in a whole new world of trouble. It's a $10 costume. Meet me some place convenient with the cash and I'll hand you the costume. It's that simple. These people have no conscience.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    Ppl at starbucks parking in the street when there’s parking available, wow you saved yourself 1 minute and three feet.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I don't have this in my stable...yet.

jgz2wlhtd8ai.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Inconsistent bus times for the new school year.

This is our son's first year riding the bus because we live in an area where driving to his school every day isn't feasible, but between being handed the bus route times last minute (I mean yesterday.. when school started today), the bus drivers being late, the bus routes on the windows not matching the assigned routes on their bus passes and several buses just skipping stops all together forcing parents to take their kids to school via car anyway, this is a *kitten*.

For a place that has done this route for these schools for years at a time, this is just beyond absurd. How could it be so inconsistent and ill-handled? For *kitten*'s sake, one of the buses didn't show up because the driver just decided not to show and gave no warning, leaving an entire school bus full of kids scrambling to find rides on their first day!

I expect late buses (D.C. is busy and traffic happens), but not 30 minutes late, not skipping entire bus stops people were assigned to and not knowing who is on your bus, despite having a roster and every kid being assigned a bus pass.

This morning was a nightmare.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I don't have this in my stable...yet.

jgz2wlhtd8ai.jpg

But on the brightside... "yet"
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Package delivery people who put heavy packages right up against my screen door. How am I supposed to open the door to get the package?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    In bed all warm and cozy, could drift back off to sleep and then having to get up to pee.. wide awake now. :(
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Those uncontrollable laughing fits that come at the most inappropriate times. And no matter how hard you try to keep it in, it won’t stop until it’s done with you. 🤭😟🙃

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    I’ve been promised that my wooden fence panel that got KO’d by a tree going down last October would get fixed.
    I know he’s busy but,,,, it’s almost October again and still it isn’t done.
    It really irks me that I can’t physically do all the work myself.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tourists! I live in a small town that bloats with outdoor recreationalists and passer-through types. As long as I’ve lived here you’d think I’d be used to the summer inundation, but I just spent nearly two hours in the one grocery store with 40 miles to pick up a prescription and about 10 other items. I thought going today would save me some of the long weekend lines as people pick up groceries and such but nope… trailers, boats, campers everywhere. I’m ready for fall and everyone to stay home. 😁. Rant over. 🤣😂
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The amount (and type) of friend requests in the last 3 days. No thank you, I don't need a date....From Russia.... or Saudi..... and sending me an unclothed profile pic doesn't change that..... (Yes I got one of those) I guess the program is on cruise.. LoL
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Automatic sinks 😑
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    Talking to my ex.
    “For some reason we just can’t communicate tonight, talk to ya tomorrow” he says.

He wasn’t wrong, like we were talking different languages. 🙄🤨🤬
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    This bathroom at work always smelling like rotten broccoli
  • happyhealthychar
    happyhealthychar Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    This bathroom at work always smelling like rotten broccoli

Oh man, that stinks 🥴😆
  • tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member