The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    walela617 wrote: »
    Hi JenT (and all other posters), I am ALL IN! I officially announce my "DAY 1" will be Wednesday, August 18th, 2021 (because it will my 63rd birthday and I would like that date to be my "Soberversary", but I actually began abstaining as of August 11th. (I guess I could call it my "detox week"!) I was never a daily drinker but a "binger", which basically means, "No 'OFF' button" after the first one! (*VERY* dangerous!) I must accept that I need to be 100% alcohol-FREE! I even made a little rhyme about it: "I'm one of the ones who can't have just one; so I have decided that I should have NONE!" :blush:

Wishing the best to everyone - we can do this!

I am with you on the no off button. That is me to the tee!!!

Happy birthday and congratulations on day 1!!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    @Beka3695 Sister Bea is also delightful. I like taking long walks and listen to her speech and a few others.https://youtu.be/1BOjQpJ1J60
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    walela617 wrote: »
    Just bought a new book, "Tired of thinking about drinking - Take my100-Day Sober Challenge" by Belle Robertson. I will start this Sunday!

Good luck! You have what it takes- determination! New programs and new books are so motivating. Does the program include journaling. I think that would be so meaningful.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,482 Member
    @Bein2day I love that butterfly quote. It gives me hope.
    I have not been doing well with the no alcohol. Not getting drunk or hungover but my goal really is to be completely AF. Tomorrow is a new month which feels like a fresh start. I will do better.