Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    tsazani wrote: »
    "Please do not give medical advice here"

None given. I give advice on diet, fasting, and exercise here.

If you don't like my posts DON'T READ them.

Ummm what do you call ... ALL OF THE BELOW? especially the bolded? By saying 'IF YOU WERE MY PATIENT...' you ARE giving medical advice! You then lay out STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS also known as ... ADVICE. What part of that do you not understand? You were directly responding to a poster who stated she will go hypoglycemic on a time restricted diet, so there is some sort of blood sugar issue going on, that, since you are NOT her Doctor (if you are even an MD at all, which I do not believe for one red hot minute), have ZERO business advising on diet AT ALL.

You are VERY IR! 99% probability. Are you T2D yet? You probably eat more than 5 times per day.

First step: TIME restriction.

If you were my patient I'd advise you to start by eating three meals per day. No SNACKING. You will also keep a food diary on MFP.

Second step: FOOD restriction. SAD -> Atkins diet of REAL FOOD.

Third step: Food restriction again. FASTING

All along I'm encouraging you to learn about FASTING and to DO it. It is, BY FAR, the best thing you can do for your HEALTH.

You should've bolded "You are very IR", too, I think . . . isn't that . . . a diagnosis? Without test results or medical history?

A very bold assumption. I don’t believe he is a doctor. Too many misspelled words and too much bad advice.

Something along the lines of .... Gross Negligence..... Repeated Gross Negligence....
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,387 Member
    Options

Ummm what do you call ... ALL OF THE BELOW? especially the bolded? By saying 'IF YOU WERE MY PATIENT...' you ARE giving medical advice! You then lay out STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS also known as ... ADVICE. What part of that do you not understand? You were directly responding to a poster who stated she will go hypoglycemic on a time restricted diet, so there is some sort of blood sugar issue going on, that, since you are NOT her Doctor (if you are even an MD at all, which I do not believe for one red hot minute), have ZERO business advising on diet AT ALL.

You are VERY IR! 99% probability. Are you T2D yet? You probably eat more than 5 times per day.

If you were my patient I'd advise you to start by eating three meals per day. No SNACKING. You will also keep a food diary on MFP.

All along I'm encouraging you to learn about FASTING and to DO it. It is, BY FAR, the best thing you can do for your HEALTH.

You should've bolded "You are very IR", too, I think . . . isn't that . . . a diagnosis? Without test results or medical history?

Yup. It’s a diagnosis.
    And needs a clinical exam AND bloodwork to diagnose.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,387 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »

A very bold assumption. I don’t believe he is a doctor. Too many misspelled words and too much bad advice.

Something along the lines of .... Gross Negligence..... Repeated Gross Negligence....

What do you call the person who graduates at the bottom of their med school class?
    Doctor

There’s a reason “appeal to authority” is a logical fallacy.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    Since the OP has stated (in another thread) that he is in Costa Rica, I'm going to assume they have very different medical regulations.

If (as he stated) CR has free socialized medicine I would imagine that lends itself to all kinds of poor advice by just about anyone.

The problem with all of his claims is that there is a kernel of truth in them (just like many weight and nutrition myths,) but he twists them and then states them in absolutes as if they are the magic golden plates...

Since I've been unemployed, my socialized healthcare through the VA has been free. Aside from female-specific care, it's no worse than BCBS, and in many cases better.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Can we go back to cheeseburgers or peanut butter cups? I’m starving. 😁

jo1yjw3ahv4t.png
  • LeeH31
    LeeH31 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think the horse is dead, can we quit beating it now? :grimace:
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Can we go back to cheeseburgers or peanut butter cups? I’m starving. 😁

jo1yjw3ahv4t.png

I vote for cheeseburgers. Controversial opinion, I know. But cheeseburgers > peanut butter cups.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger. The ceiling is higher for a good burger and it's more satiating.
    Reeses are amazing though, so there's no wrong answer
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    There’s always this, when you’re desperate. It’s pretty darn good in coffee, pancakes, smoothies.
    0va7h7biyd7x.jpeg
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Why do my photos always come out sideways? Why? Why?? Why???
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Sorry @springlering62 : the syrups are good, no doubt, but you get a disagree when you stack them next to an actual peanut butter cup on a hamburger😇
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    EyeOTS wrote: »

i vote for a cheeseburger followed by a peanut butter cup.

win win.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    Options
    Why do my photos always come out sideways? Why? Why?? Why???

obviously its because youre upside down, spring.

duh.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Honestly, the standard american diet gets more kitten than it deserves in fitness circles (and for the record, I didn't grow up with it).

Sure, it includes a lot of sugar (or high fructose corn syrup nowadays) as a source of cheap non-filling calories, but most historical diets included some source of cheap non-filling calories because in the past getting enough calories was more of a struggle than getting too many.

It's just that in most countries it was bread or rice since making things sweet was an expensive pain in the kitten...
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options

win win.

This. I like your style.
  • kshama2001
    Options

win win.

g46tnxo82js4.png
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

win win.

g46tnxo82js4.png

Ditto!