What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,517 Member
    Nope. Not horseradish, not snails. Also not tomatoes. I'll eat things made with tomatoes (blended salsa, chili, etc.), but I don't like the texture of tomatoes by themselves.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    edited September 2021
    Cookies are not best fresh out of the oven. They are best when the chocolate chips have a chance to cool and settle
  • cmsienk
    Ooh. I'll bet that IS unpopular. ^^^
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    EyeOTS wrote: »
    Cookies are not best fresh out of the oven. They are best when the chocolate chips have a chance to cool and settle

I get that - I don't want the chips melted either.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member

You're wrong.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member

They at least have to settle down from the "hot lava" stage. Warm is fine. So is room temp, later.

I like soft (cake-ish texture) chocolate chip cookies better than crunchy ones, but some chewy ones are OK. I'm prejudiced, I'm sure, because my favorite cookies since childhood, that I still love, are a banana-chocolate chip cookie that my mom used to make. The original recipe called for lard. I no longer use lard, but usually butter or coconut oil.
  • ChaoticMoira
    ChaoticMoira Posts: 103 Member

Agree. I don't care for them warm, and I like the texture of the firmer chips mixed in with the soft cookie.
    Unless! you plop a little ice cream on top of the hot fresh cookie. That is delicious.
  • PAPYRUS3
    cmsienk wrote: »

It is unpopular. My entire family will rush to eat them as soon as they are out of the oven.

But I'm willing to wait for it (Wait for it.)
    I am inimitable
    I am an original

you play a daring game though...those cookies might disappear before they are 'ready' for you.
  • cmsienk

It is unpopular. My entire family will rush to eat them as soon as they are out of the oven.

But I'm willing to wait for it (Wait for it.)
    I am inimitable
    I am an original

Is it just chocolate chip cookies you feel so strongly about? Are other kinds of cookies okay warm out of the oven?
  • EyeOTS
    edited September 2021
    All cookies. To me the flavor is muted when it's too hot.

Moira does make a good point about an ice cream exception tho
  • cmsienk
    Now I'm curious. Do you feel the same about muffins right out of the oven? Because I do like warm from the oven blueberry muffins.
  • EyeOTS
    Now I'm curious. Do you feel the same about muffins right out of the oven? Because I do like warm from the oven blueberry muffins.

I let the blueberries to settle a little.

Walnut, apple, carrot muffins I eat fresh from the oven.
  • PAPYRUS3
    Do not like peaches in the least
    I don't like strawberry shortcake
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Fried chicken is poison
    Especially KFC or any other fast food chain 🤢