WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Beth near Buffalo, wise words! I had beans in my soup that day, plus on the strawberry custard ice cream I had poured a bit of Bailey's strawberry and cream liquor. So add the spoonfuls of red beans and rice and I created a perfect storm!
    I have not been drinking soda though.
    Rebecca
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    On the afternoon (for us) of the 11th September 2001, I was in the British Museum. I was on my way to college where we were going to be doing recruitment for courses. I often stopped off at my favourite museum.
    I went to the coffee shop in the Great Court for a cup of tea and a brownie. I could overhear some people talking nearby who were talking about some terrible attack,which must be terrorism. I went straight outside and bought an afternoon newspaper from the nearest shop.
    Terrible pictures on the front page.
    When I went to work our head of department was talking about 'Al Quaeda'. I had never heard of them and thought he was spouting his usual nonsense.
    For days afterwards I was expecting an attack on the City of London.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx thinking of everyone who lost their lives, or lost loved ones.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Congratulation!

3algjrz8kupm.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip - You are amazing! Thank you for supporting MS research. DH thanks you, too. He says, “Here-here.” ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options

Great job Pip!!

DH is gone for the weekend- helping a co-worker at Stock-Con(comic convention). They left early this morning and won't be home until late tomorrow night.
    I tried to sleep in but couldn't- got up, had my tea then started on a few chores. Made a big breakfast for my son.
    Not sure if he will be home tonight for dinner or not- told him if he isn't, I won't be cooking. There are plenty of left overs I can have.
    Not eating much today- Was awake at 1AM and kept thinking about the big bear claw we picked up at the bakery while out for lunch yesterday- I had some last night after dinner- because I still had calories to use, even after fish and chips and beer for lunch(ate half the food but finished the beer-couldn't take it with me). Ended up getting up and finishing the bear claw. Counting that on today's calories. Will fill up on 0cal or super low cal beverages for most of the day. I will go walking with my friend for 90 min so that will help.
    Going to clean a bit more, do some sewing and ?? for this weekend. Enjoying it while it lasts.
    I was going to go out to check out some garage sales but decided not to.

Have a wonderful day ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Michele I eat in a very structured way that doesn't include sweet bread of any sort so there is no zucchini bread recipe that would work for me. I gave up baking more than ten years ago

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Made the lunch date for Tuesday. I did sing Happy Birthday for her. She enjoyed that.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Pip- You are an amazing woman. Thank you for your efforts to help support MS research. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Pip- Congratulations!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Started to do some of the Turbo Jam DVD but decided that it was WAAAAAY too dancy for me so it’ll go to the Salvation Army. So I walked around the block twice (about 1-1/2 mile each time). The plan for tomorrow is to do a More that Mat Pilates DVD.

Bananas – thank you. I firmly believe that working out helps my hot flashes not be as intense. Oh, they’re still there. But sweat isn’t pouring down my face and legs. I noticed this when I broke my foot a while ago. I couldn’t exercise and the hot flashes were intense. Once I was able to exercise, they weren’t as intense. So that’s the motivation to exercise. I usually take one day for active recovery when I do yoga or pilates or stretching. I remember when MIL was in a wheelchair. We did get expedited.

While we were in FL I had this rash that was itchy around my waist. I told Vince that it was a heat rash, that this had happened to me once before and the MD kept telling me it was a food allergy. She put me on prednisone. Shortly thereafter we went camping to a much cooler environment. It disappeared. I stopped the prednisone. I didn’t know that you should wean yourself off prednisone, but I didn’t have any reaction. Well, it’s getting cooler and the rash is gone.

Barbara - I never heard of that cure for bumps. Thanks for sharing My resolve to eat good diminishes as the evening wears on, too. That’s one of the reasons I like to do some sort of craft in the evening. Keeps my mind busy and off food (sometimes)

We can co-mingle all our recyclables. One time we went to the recycling center here. It was very very interesting. I found out that things like the plastic on cardboard that things like toothbrushes and makeup come on are recyclable as long as you take the plastic part off the cardboard. Where in NJ did you work?

Does anyone remember how quiet the skies were after 9/11? No planes. I remember going to the Y and watching it over and over on their TV

kylia – How sad for your friend’s family. Were they vaccinated?

Beth – when Vince had the tibial plateau fracture, he found it easier to use a walker than crutches.

Brought all the indoor Halloween items inside then went in the pool. Church tonight

PIP – YOU GO GIRL!!!

The lady I know at the Y is in the musical “9 to 5” which we’re going to see Sat. She always liked my ginger cookies. I think I’ll make some for her, just not sure when.

Went to church, and I admit that even tho the priest is probably over COVID, I felt uneasy and wore a mask. Well, it didn’t hurt anyone.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Well I got the henna on my hair but I missed my dumbbell exercises. And the cookies called me. I should have eaten something healthier. I need to go grocery shopping for salad stuff.

Tomorrow I am supposed to drive up into Pennsylvania for a picnic. I'm not at all sure that it will be fun, but maybe. I haven't been out of the house in awhile. Driving that far is scary. I don't have a real GPS just Google Maps, and I can't read it without pulling over. Something about the bifocals just doesn't work for a quick glance. It will be an adventure.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Celebrating DH's 75th birthday this weekend, so won't be on here much.

☘️ Terri

(Pg 20)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Congrats Pip, Kirby, and Yogi!!! You guts are amazing!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Terri – happy birthday to your husband

Annie DE – I’d admit to the guy that I didn’t know very much about wrestling and ask him questions. I’m willing to bet that he’ll be more than happy to inform you

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

MS BIKE RIDE, 1st solo ride- 4hrs 40min 18sec, 2852elev, 12.7amph, WINDYYYY, 79aw, 134ahr, 172mhr, 59.19mi= 2308c
    Strava app = 1491c