WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Sat: BP, dogs to powerline, dog group. Sun: BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, council phone meeting.
    Bonus: Sat: 41 mins vacuuming, one loas laundry, made pesto, nag email to chief, goat milk and casserole prep emails, Sun: ‘nother load laundry, 48 mins grooming Tumble, veg prep and made portabello alfredo.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, BiMart, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    5: Forgive yourself when things go wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. ;}
    6: Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Fresh week, fresh start!

Just skimmin’ as I got a little behind (I wish!)T
    Heather love the joyous pic of your elder son wading in the waves. Oww! Your younger son’s attitude is great, cracked ribs are no fun at all. :love: the pic of Johnny and the girls.
    Tracey appalling that 6th graders would kick and bully your grandson. Is this during recess? Where are the teachers/playground monitors?
    Beth :love: the sad Cecil pic. Wishing you both complete and pain free recoveries.
    Carol I can understand your mom’s taking her anger at your father by cleaning, but not her making you do the scrubbing. Glad she finally apologized at last. Sending you happier Labor Day hopes.
    Tracey back when I was a hippie, it was either organic vegetarian fare… or junk food :naughty: brownies ;), Nacho flavored Doritos, pizza and beer.
    Kim ((hugs))
    Jenn a pox on the idiot who swamped your kayak, blessings on the jet ski guy who stayed with you til SAR got there and Bravissima for your determination to get right back on and not let the idiot rob your of your enjoyment.
    Welcome @Jenni4w Jennifer in CT! Would it help to increase your steps by walking in place while viewing youtube museum tours or hikes? The Keep Moving national park hikes on YouTube have really helped me toward my stepcount goal.

Only to pg 13 but falling asleep zzzz…
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 5, weigh/wii: 5/0/0; steps>7222=Sat 8599, Sun 5319 vits=5, log=5, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=3, Tumble=6, Shadow=6, mfp=5, outside=7, up hill=6, clean 10=4.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:1, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Heather I'm sorry about your DS's accident and glad it was not more serious. I read it but forgot. was that a biking accident? I spoke to 3 people who had very serious bicycling accidents over the past month or two. it seems like such a gentle sport.

I have another meeting this afternoon. this is definitely one of the down sides of working at different schools.
    I had a full day of meetings on Friday.
    and a half day today and a full day tomorrow.
    None are obligatory since I'm half time, if we miss these occasional meetings (1-3 times a year depending on the school) we miss a lot of connection and information, and possibility to intervene.

I feel exhausted.
    I wonder if the skin issues can have added to fatigue.

I used to only drink about 3 glasses of wine a year and in the past year it can be between zero per month (part of lockdown- since I was alone) or uptown 4 glasses a month.
    Nothing touched since July - partly because I felt a bit out of sorts and partly due to the diagnosis - then went to this long farmyard family party of a close friend's in-laws where the activities were eat, drink and talk. since several of us got a lift from the far 20-minutes away station us train-takers were all there for 6.5 hours.

I probably had 2 or 3 glasses of wine. (I had a few tiny 1 or 2 centimetre servings.) Didn't feel tipsy but it was hot out and felt heavy with food and drink and no activity. I feel like I'm still weighed down from that.
    Went on the recumbant a bit yesterday.
    It's one of the hottest days this summer - close to 90. It's been very cool this summer on average, here.

I feel like having had a couple of glasses of wine a couple of days ago might still be contributing to my fatigue and lesser concentration today.

But actually I was really tired on Friday even though I ate healthily (light salad with tuna and egg) and didn't drink...and exhausted on Friday evening...

ok got to get ready to go to meeting.
    it'll probably be interesting and nice to see THOSE colleagues.

I didn't weigh my cereal this midday and probably had a large dose. Fortunately I only had one meal so far. (I skip breakfast often and have breakfast at lunchtime of late).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I feel exhausted.

I probably had 2 or 3 glasses of wine. (I had a few tiny 1 or 2 centimetre servings.) Didn't feel tipsy but it was hot out ...

I feel like having had a couple of glasses of wine a couple of days ago might still be contributing to my fatigue and lesser concentration today.

But actually I was really tired on Friday even though I ate healthily (light salad with tuna and egg) and didn't drink...and exhausted on Friday evening...

Sound familiar?

tuka34ok5hxv.png

Also ... I would be tipsy after 3 glasses of wine on a hot day, and would be slightly hungover the next day. One of the main reasons for feeling hungover is dehydration. How much water did you have with those 3 glasses of wine?

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well its been cooler and lovely except for aome rain yesterday, but hey the temps have been stellar..
    I slept pretty good and Alfie enjoyed his time at Toms
    I am going to my attorney on Thursday to redo my will and change some things .
    Jen- from Ct ,what part of Ct are you from im smack dab in the middle of the state in Portland and of course everyone asks where that is ,its across the river from Middletown.
    At least here in Ct all the Goodwills everything is 1/2 off on labor day so I might go look for shoes for the wedding..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Llll
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    459830qyqjkq81to.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Happy September 6 & Happy Labor Day for those in the US! I'm planning to go to yoga today. I have no other plans so far, but it is only 7:33 am right now.

Katla
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    edited September 2021
    Options
    (((KJ))) - This group is a good place to vent. I hope you get some rest today. :heart:

I was planning to go to yoga this morning. I called the health club and they gave the staff the day off. It was a good decision, in my opinion. The employees deserve a day off. No yoga today. The next class will be Wednesday. <3

Katla
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Nothing at Goodwill I couldnt live without..
    Dealing with a little bit of a belly ache so im hangin with Alfie and watching Maine Cabin Masters,will take out garbage in a bit.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Llllll
  • Katla49
    Options
    No yoga today because the sports club gave employees a day off. They work hard & deserve a day off. 👍🏻
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Did 28.5 miles. Guy came over so we could give him our color choices for the kitchen area, garage walls and floor and back patio. Getting my MS Nails done then when I get back home I will get back on the bike
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    No oven cleaning today, maybe she'll come tomorrow. Something came up, so she's got to look at her calendar. I have never had my oven cleaned, so curious to see how well she'll get it.
    Tonight making chicken fried rice. Husband scheduled a car appt for tomorrow, so no gym. On Wednesday is our anniversary, but we'll still do the gym in the morning. Not sure the plans for the rest of the day. Lee said it was a surprise.

No text reply back from middle sister. She's gone dark ever since she flaked out on getting together with my eldest sister and I, when I was down in Shedd, Oregon. She stated that her boyfriend had covid, and so we told her she needed a covid test before we all got together. My eldest sister told her thru a text that for the safety of Lee's health she should get one. Well that was her ticket out of this family get together! She said she couldn't find a place in time. Which might be true, but then no response after that, maybe stating oh, how she's doing, does she have covid???? If I had that situation happen to me, I would've informed my family! Her boyfriend is a married guy with an ailing wife, so there's that situation of "so my sister is being used" and how low does her self esteem have to get before she realizes that, that is unsettling.

She had a big box of my moms photos that my eldest sister and I were going to take copies of. My eldest sister and I had fun going thru my albums, and I went thru a box she has. I made copies of some great photos of our father in his teenage years, and Navy pic. Also some family photos of my father as a teen. Fun to see my grandparents so young! My paternal great grandparents home in Seattle, a very stately home. He was in the railroad business. When I start to organize them, I will take a pic of them for you. I love old photographs! There is one of my paternal grandfather as a young man. He was a tough guy, boxed for money, and drove a beer truck. It shows!

Well today making chicken noodle soup! I have 3 jars of chicken broth from yesterday. This week will be a soupy, stew meals week. I need to buy some veggies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Still have tummy ache..sort of crampy ...but got the garbage out,moved dining table into TV cubby as im having a new patio door installed .i forgot though there is paperwork in that room i have to get to🙄
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Nina Lessig weights DVD then walked on the treadmill. Driving tomorrow so no formal exercise.

After exercise, went to CVS to get Vince cereal, then Publix to get a paper and to take the plastic for recycling, then bought gas, then home to do laundry, wash mirrors, etc, vacuum, wash the floor, then into the pool. Trying to use up as much food so we don’t have to take it back with us.

I know Vince really wants to get my laptop ready to be packed, so I’m going to rush. I may be able to post from my tablet later, we shall see

Today is the day to preorder the ticket for the TSO concert. I asked Lynette a while ago which show she wanted to go to. She usually is pretty good about getting back to me. This time I had to call her today. She doesn’t want to take the chance of getting Covid

pip – so sorry you had to cancel the cruise

Tracey – I hope your daughter is better soon

Happy Labor Day

katla – sorry no yoga

Healing thoughts to all who need them.

Well, I’ll let Vince packup my laptop. Perhaps you’ll see me later tonight, depends how things go.

Michele who is sad
  • Katla49
    Options
    Michele – I am not sad about missing yoga. The owner gave the whole staff the day off and I think they all deserve it. I can go to yoga Wednesday & Friday. I hope your travel home is pleasant. :star:

Barbie – I contacted a woman with the Linus Project in Washington state who is across the Columbia River from me. I think there is also a group in the Beaverton OR area. Both are a significant distance from me. I’ll do a bit of research to determine which way to go. Traffic and getting to the right place is worrisome. Your advice is welcome. :flowerforyou:

The most recent blanket I knitted is for my unborn grandson & I plan to take it with me. The family is in Virginia and we’re planning to be there for his birth. We will babysit grandson #1 while his mom & dad are at the hospital for the birth of grandson #2. Our trip is planned for late October or early November. We are planning to fly. Keeping our fingers crossed that travel will be pleasant, and there are no virus worries or unpleasant surprises.

Katla in NW Oregon