WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding Venting

Thank you for saying we can vent here, but unfortunately this is too public and too searchable for me to vent. Everything we type here can be searched for, and found, in Google.

I have 3.5 years worth of things I'd like to say about people and organisations, about my feelings and frustrations, etc. etc. etc.

M in Oz

Yeah, the venting has to be vague ... but sometimes it's better than nothing
    Beth
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I plan to contact Joann’s about distribution of blankets. I live about 39 miles each way from the Hillsboro store & 26 miles each way from the Longview store.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept pretty well and fed the poocher,had a spirt of energy so I moved furniture around and vacuumed which is good.. i bought a huge outdoor round dining set with chairs that takes up a huge amount of space that i have put in the den and I think I will take a picture of it and will try and sell it.. its only a couple yrs old and in fantastic shape..
    It is beautiful out today and will get some laundry done and get garbage together.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Heather-Sorry about your son's accident. How awful. There is a new roundabout in my neighborhood that also has a curb that's difficult to see and I fear I will hit it with my bike one day.

As to your son who is “allergic” to small children, I can relate. I love my nieces and nephews and spend as much time as I can with them when I am visiting, but it does get overwhelming for me and I have to take a step back sometimes and either be alone for a bit or be with adults. That said, if I’m spending a lot time in close quarters with adults (on a liveaboard dive boat, for example), I also have to step back and be alone for a bit.

Tracey-That is so sad about your GS. It’s a difficult position for him, his friend, and for his family trying to decide what to do about it.

Jenn-Wow. What an inconsiderate weasel. We have those here too. When I’m sitting on the boat and my friends are diving, I’ve seen them come within a few feet of where they are under the water and just about to surface. It drives me INSANE.

Machka-Glad you didn’t have more damage from the storm.

The mister is feeling a bit under the weather today. He just went for a COVID test. I highly doubt it’s COVID, but now every time we feel the tiniest bit sick, we assume it must be COVID and rush to get tested. It’s a bit annoying.

I came back from our trip a few pounds heavier, even though it was a very active and the most physically (and emotionally) taxing trip we’ve ever taken. I am constantly hungry. I’m drowning myself in water and exercising. The funny thing is that I seem to lose weight if I’m not exercising, but am just watching my calorie intake. However, I want to exercise, so it’s weird.

Protein Intake: It’s really hard to get as much protein as these plans say in order to lose weight. Protein shakes or supplements are really the only way to do it. I cannot eat that much meat without exceeding my calorie intake significantly.

Tina in CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    m3v6t5einm6v.jpeg
    Heaven!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Ooo
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Am hanging out with the pup and watching the Waltons have fed him and have the laundry going
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Stat for the day -

Zwift home spin bike- 1hr 57min 46sec, 320 elev, 139aw, 58arpm, 100ahr, 142mhr, 20.40amph, 40.1mi= 656c
    Zwift app= 946c

Got my 2000 miles done, then made more doggie treats for the trip, gathering up more packing stuff for the trip
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,457 Member
    Options
    Heather, oh Edie is a brave one! Too high for me!
    Glad your son is on the mend. I hope policies and procedures change and they fix that curb, and all the woah with it.👍
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    klxwvisa6g4o.jpg
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Bike recommendations: Thanks to those offering advice on the indoor bike. I ended up going with a cheap/starter one to rehab my knee. If I like it at all, I'll upgrade.

Tina in CA
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ FALL is definitely my favorite time of the year! :)

Heather ~ Love the tree climbing photo. She looks so high up! Bet she loved it. :o

Machka ~ I am sorry you feel you can't vent here. It makes me wonder how many people would feel like searching the internet to see what you have to say. :'(

Carol in GA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    whoa so tired.
    several days (except Sunday) almost non-stop.

zzz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Katla--I did get to go to DGD's volleyball game and she was thrilled we were there. Our trip to Kansas City was great. Just what I needed. Did learn not to eat at an Indain place as was so HOT. DH ended up eating his back at the motel with a Wendy's frosty. I just couldn't do it. I hope you can get things worked out for your trip to help with birth of new grandson.
    Rita--Great news about your colitis is in remission.
    Heather--Your entry is beautiful. Your son looks so happy. Sorry to hear about DS's accident. Glad it was not any worse. I also believe we all need that one person we can just "be ourselves with Mine was my friend Sam that had the stroke. It is so hard to see her now and know that she will never be the same again. We stopped Sunday on our way home and today I got a call from the Rehab saying they have staff and several patients test positive in the wing she is on. She has both her shots. Not sure what that means for DH and I as we have had the first shot, we did have masks on in the hallway.
    Tracey--I am so sorry to hear about your grandson's frist day of school. I am like you as I would want to go to the school and raise ****. I remember when my DGS was in 3rd grade and they kept putting him in the hallway and then got even more upset because he would get up and run around the halls I went to the school with DD and asked ok if he was acting up in class why wasn't he sent to the special education room, which he had be approved for. Also I said if it happened again I would come to school and sit with him all day. Never got another call about it. I pray it gets better and sounds like he has a great best friend.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Jjjj