M in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I hope there were no damages. <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Machka, hope you ride your storm out safely!

My soup was a bit unhealthy, but oh so good. Chicken, pasta, homemade broth, check. Then I added some diced tomatoes, and a handful of white beans, and then 2 slices of pepper jack cheese melted in the broth. I then added a hefty spoonful of sour cream. To top it off, I put some slices of brie in the bottom of my ramen bowl!🙃😁💖

That was my only meal today. I also had a piece of my homemade Christmas Crack with coffee. Its like if saltine crackers, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips had an Almond Rocha baby! There's no almonds in there though!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Barbie – I contacted a woman with the Linus Project in Washington state who is across the Columbia River from me. I think there is also a group in the Beaverton OR area. Both are a significant distance from me. I’ll do a bit of research to determine which way to go. Traffic and getting to the right place is worrisome. Your advice is welcome. :flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon

:)Katla, The woman who manages the Project Linus Chapter here has made all sorts of arrangements for people to drop off blankets and for her to pick them up in many locations on the Olympic and Kitsap Peninsulas. She may be unusual and especially committed. Have you asked either of the chapters if there are other locations where you can drop off finished blankets?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    This is one of the better lists I've seen, especially because it includes taking practical steps.

One of the first things I need to do in order to reduce stress is to determine why I'm stressed ... and then to determine if there is anything I can do about that reason.

So if I am stressed about an assignment or deadline of some sort coming due, the best way to reduce that stress is to do the assignment/finish what's required before the deadline.

If I'm stressed about long-term situations I can't do much about, that's where a lot of the other tips come in.

lev6weg40j8a.png
    https://www.rightathome.net/blog/ten-ways-to-reduce-stress-today
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Kirby asked me when did I start recording my MS virtual miles, I didn’t remember which got me curios. I looked my first ride that I recorded was on April 26 of this year, had I been aware of it earlier I would have started earlier, oh well., I’m not going to reach 1st place and I’m ok with that.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Contacting the two Project Linus leaders is on my todo list. I’m sometimes a slow poke but I am motivated to figure it out.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka, hope you ride your storm out safely!

My soup was a bit unhealthy, but oh so good. Chicken, pasta, homemade broth, check. Then I added some diced tomatoes, and a handful of white beans, and then 2 slices of pepper jack cheese melted in the broth. I then added a hefty spoonful of sour cream. To top it off, I put some slices of brie in the bottom of my ramen bowl!🙃😁💖

That was my only meal today. I also had a piece of my homemade Christmas Crack with coffee. Its like if saltine crackers, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and chocolate chips had an Almond Rocha baby! There's no almonds in there though!

Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I LOVE Christmas crack- I had the recipe for over 20 yrs before I tried it. We were making other candies and had all the ingredients so tried it. Oh my goodness- So simple to make but so good. Hard to stay out of it when I make it- that is why it is just at Christmas and I try and give most of it away to friends
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, BiMart
    Bonus: corrected minutes and meeting reminder to board, veg prep, ‘nother load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    6: Focus on the basics: eat well, exercise and go to bed on time. Fresh week, fresh start!

Anyone have any experience with flax seeds? Gonna grind up a tablespoon tomorrow and sprinkle on my cottage cheese and fruit instead of my usual salted nuts. Fingers Xd.

Beth what a great friend and great :heart: idea. Will definitely pass it on.
    Machka “Sometimes I think I should write it down in a journal (or type it because that's faster) . . . “ made me smile. Typing is my go-to too. Please consider giving it a try, getting those feelings out onto paper can be a relief in a strange way. ((hugs))
    Karen Truth!
    Kelly ((hugs))
    Michele safe travels!
    Rebecca your Christmas Crack reminds me of “Matzoh Roca.” Yum. Can't have it in the house. :naughty:

Still just skimmin’ to catch up.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh/wii: 6/0/0; steps>7222=7396 vits=6, log=6, CI<CO=6, CI<250<CO=4, Tumble=7, Shadow=7, mfp=6, outside=8, up hill=7, clean 10=4.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=, Wed:TC=1, PW=1. Thurs: Fri:TC=1, Sat:PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12: 9/19: 9/26: 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF:2, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    I hope you get to see your gs and the new baby

Michele
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Dddd
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - active day

Climbed 36 flights of stairs
    Walked 3 km
    Ran 3 km
    Rowed 1.5 km (10 min)
    Lifted weights and did some Pilates.

s80eckgb1rsk.png

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🐶🦖🐵🦎😸🐢
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Barbara, flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp heart seeds are all good for adding nutritional value to your foods. I just made some amazing muffins with grated zucchini and carrot, almond flour, coconut flour, ground flax seed, maple syrup, and a bunch of eggs. I add hemp hearts to oatmeal to up the protein and either flax or chia seeds to smoothies for added fat and fiber.

I had the best smoothie for breakfast. Diced apple, banana cinnamon protein powder, almond milk, nut butter, cinnamon, and lots of ice to make it cold and thick.

I spent yesterday studying my metabolic reboot program. It’s going to be hard. To begin, everybody starts with the same eating plan, which is high on veggies and protein and low on carbs and sugar. We are allowed one starchy carb serving per day, preferably with dinner. It’s ok to have carbs and sugar from fruits and veggies, but no processed foods other than protein powder. As the program progresses, the plan becomes more individualized. I’ve only been logging faithfully for a few days and I know already that I cannot meet my protein goals without adding protein shakes. I just cannot eat that much meat! I will be the first to admit that the added protein stops the cravings. I was also glad to know that ashwaghanda is a recommended supplement. It is really helping me to improve my sleep.