Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,855 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    SModa61 wrote: »
    JoPat409 wrote: »
    Also please explain Explain Israel. They are now on 4th round of vaccine shots in less than a year in a country with well over 90% fully vaccinated. The vaccinated are getting sick. Something is wrong with that picture. Again not allowed to bring that up in main stream media or else you are anti-fill in the blank.

If you look closely at the data from Israel their death rate right now compared to their infection rate is 1/4 ours. They are getting sick and their death rate is climbing, but it’s to be expected that more people will die when more people get sick. MOST are not dying, but every vaccine does have a failure rate.

This sort of question is answered every day in the news, which leads me to ask, is this a problem with reading comprehension or are you isolating yourself from mainstream news sources? At this point anyone who doesn’t know that the Delta variant is 1000 times more infectious than covid was this time last year doesn’t want to know that information and has made a conscious decision to
    pretend not to know it. If you don’t want to know, why ask?

Just clarifying to prevent anyone from taking your statement literally, especially after comments about reading comprehension. I went to CDC, their statement on this point is "The Delta variant is more contagious: The Delta variant is highly contagious, more than 2x as contagious as previous variants." Here is the link:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/delta-variant.html

Perhaps the "1,000" comes from the increased viral load of Delta:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.07.21260122v2

We report the first local transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant in mainland China. All 167 infections could be traced back to the first index case. Daily sequential PCR testing of the quarantined subjects indicated that the viral loads of Delta infections, when they first become PCR+, were on average ∼1000 times greater compared to A/B lineage infections during initial epidemic wave in China in early 2020, suggesting potentially faster viral replication and greater infectiousness of Delta during early infection.

Thank you @kshama2001 That is a possible connection to the actual number. As for how infectious, I assume that that viral load difference is somehow taken into account in the CDC's statement that it is twice as contagious.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I personally know no one in my life who has died from covid.

I have personal connections to two people who died from the covid vaccine.

Please be respectful of this when pushing the vaccine or denigrating those who choose not to take it.

The thing is, I don’t believe you, because so few people around the world have died following the vaccine that for a single person to know two of them is astronomically unlikely.

Exactly!

Not comfortable with calling each other liars here. We may have differing opinions, but I go in with the premise that, especially when people are making personal statements, they are telling the truth.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, what is claimed is not possible.

This sort of deliberate misinformation is killing real people in the real world. Responsible social media forums are deleting it.

These were aquaintances, not close friends.

The first was very concerned about covid, he stayed home all year. Went out as soon as he was able to get vaccinated. He had a heart attack within 24 hours. I don't know his family history, but these vaccines do cause increased risk for heart attack.

The second, I don't know her cause of death - coworker of a family member. She was out already for knee surgery, so she was not in peak health. Sick in bed for a week, died. I don't know if she got an infection or something - but everyone in her life said she died as a result of the vaccine.
  • ExistingFish
    Options
    Giulia Lucenti - 16 yr - Pfizer
    Rosette Kyarikunda - med student - AZ
    James Cooper - 77 yrs - death from 3rd shot (booster)
    Mahima Mathew - 31 - AZ
    Kim Jarvis - 57 yrs - death in sleep within 24 hours

These are just from September, just found with a quick search.
  • ExistingFish
    Options
    Just because someone does shortly after getting a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused their death. It's possible, but just as likely that they got another illness or has a heart attack that would have happened anyway. There is not enough information there to say the vaccine caused their deaths. Likewise, it was explained by someone else on this thread about how the vaccine side affect reporting system requires reports of anything happening shortly after the vaccine regardless of whether the vaccine was related or not.

That's true, in the same vein just because somebody dies "with" covid doesn't mean they died "from" covid, but we still count them as covid deaths. You can't count one way when it suits your fancy and refuse to use the same methodology for other things.