Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Not delighted to read in the news today that my state, Tennessee, is rationing monoclonal antibodies. Specifically people who have been vaccinated can no longer receive them unless they are immunocompromised. So, if I get Covid, someone like me, a diabetic at high risk of hospitalization even with the vaccine, cannot receive them, even though I have been doing everything right and being responsible. Only irresponsible people who refuse to get vaccinated are now eligible for the best medical care.

I feel like if you are going to choose to be fearmongering about modern science, you shouldn’t get to change your mind later and grab all the goodies medical science has to offer, stealing them from people who didn’t make the same choice.[/quote/]

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-limiting-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-unvaccinated-residents-n1279740

If you have been vaccinated why would you have a need for monoclonal antibodies? Just the monoclonal antibodies cost from the maker is $2100.00.

Medically, ethically they are for
    the unvaccinated.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Blood clots are aside effect of COVID.

It is now more recognised than it was, because many with covid died because of blood clots in the initial and probably middle stages of medical understanding. Even so the frequency of blood clots are many times fewer with the vaccine than with covid, early Symptoms are known now.

I expect everyone has access to the medical sheet which goes with each and every medication and vaccine. Possibly one has to ask for the one which comes with the vaccine, packets of pills and bottles have this information in the box. Every medication and vaccine has such a sheet to go along with it if you look or ask. It is possible to get one pre appointment to read pre vaccine and consider or are expected to read before taking any medication, they identify ingredients allergens and more importantly any possible and less likely side effects and symptoms and when to alert medical professionals who know so much more now than at the start of the year. We have these sheets here in the UK, I take notice and ask if necessary.

They weren't available at the mass pop-up vax site I went to in the U.S. There was some online info to read before answering the pre-screening questions, but I don't think it's available anymore, as you had to have an ID # associated with your upcoming appointment.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Not delighted to read in the news today that my state, Tennessee, is rationing monoclonal antibodies. Specifically people who have been vaccinated can no longer receive them unless they are immunocompromised. So, if I get Covid, someone like me, a diabetic at high risk of hospitalization even with the vaccine, cannot receive them, even though I have been doing everything right and being responsible. Only irresponsible people who refuse to get vaccinated are now eligible for the best medical care.

I feel like if you are going to choose to be fearmongering about modern science, you shouldn’t get to change your mind later and grab all the goodies medical science has to offer, stealing them from people who didn’t make the same choice.[/quote/]

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-limiting-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-unvaccinated-residents-n1279740

If you have been vaccinated why would you have a need for monoclonal antibodies? Just the monoclonal antibodies cost from the maker is $2100.00.

Medically, ethically they are for
    the unvaccinated.

At present two shots of Pfizer are 77% effective at preventing hospitalization, according to real world studies.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Lynn G, I'm so very sorry, it seems many do not have the information they, I consider I need, at their fingertips. Many have access to the internet but many don't. No wonder so many decide not to have the vaccine. Possibly having this information in paper form is the one good thing about being in England.