What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,853 Member
    Options
    dawnfire72 wrote: »
    The world in general is irritating me and I don't even watch the news.

Just imagine how irked you'd be if you did...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    People turning down actual work because the government will pay them more.

Yes! Very irksome.

Indeed.

What's gonna happen when the Govt. winds back and cancels the the wage subsidy? They will come begging for work then. Is anyone even gonna remember though?

Don't get me wrong, I support a social security framework and there are GENUINE people that need it (disability etc). But from what I'm seeing here, people are actively dodging work because if they choose to work they get their govt. bucks reduced. It's very telling of someones principles and work ethic. It can create a dangerous ethos, getting paid to just sit at home and play with themselves...yeah.. money for nothing/free money..yeah I'm sorry that doesn't actually exist!

Its also irksome when people think they are above working entry level jobs too...literally the cashier girl at my fruit + veg shop has a Law degree and I give her mad props for staying engaged and actually contributing to the society in some way.

I can't wait to move to America lol

Getting political again, my bad.

But it is a genuine irk.

Lots of similar complaints over here.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    AT&T and trying to cancel their Direct TV

An hour and a half on what looked and acted like a web based chat bot but was really text messaging.

Used up 42 of my allotted 100 texts per month, and they never even got to the part where a human would respond.

After being promised a human would respond.

I went from hoping to add Root Sports Northwest to our account, to wanting to cancel, do demanding my money for this month back.

Nothing. Just automated responses saying someone would get to me soon. For 90 minutes.

The kicker? When I bailed and tried to cancel on the website? It said I couldn’t because the service was unavailable.

I could not imagine worse customer service. Seriously.

Do it over the phone. Anything that results in less money for them can only be done over teh phone. They'll make it as difficult and guilt-ridden as possible.
  • dawnfire72
    dawnfire72 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Waking up to a leak under the kitchen sink :s
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    Options
    The bump in one of my cheetah slippers😣🦶🏼
  • ayresome75
    ayresome75 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Trying to get petrol :#
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Get some coffee. This is gonna be long.

Waking up at 4 am having to go to the bathroom.
    Falling back asleep on the toilet.
    Waking up when you tip over and hit the floor.
    Seeing blood on your fingers from touching where it hurts on your temple.
    Dabbing your temple with toilet tissue and seeing how much blood there really is.
    Cleaning up as best you can and going back to sleep because you already only get like 4 hours at best.
    Waking up to find blood on your pillowcase, night shirt, under your chin, arm, and toilet seat.
    Finally putting a bandaid on.

The bandaid not going on all smoothly!

Bro was a trip to the hospital maybe necessary? 😬
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,378 Member
    Options
    Sleeping through important phone calls
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Dabbing your temple with toilet tissue and seeing how much blood there really is.
    Cleaning up as best you can and going back to sleep because you already only get like 4 hours at best.
    Waking up to find blood on your pillowcase, night shirt, under your chin, arm, and toilet seat.

Nah, I'm ok. A little concerned because it's a small bathroom and I'm not sure what I even hit my temple on because there wasn't any blood on the bathtub rim which is RIGHT THERE. And the tilting over when sitting isn't new either (altho I think I'm finally going to email Doogie...er I mean my new doctor about it because I've had this balance problem for years).

But, typing that all out, I really WAS more irked about the skewed bandaid than anything else! :)
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

Nah, I'm ok. A little concerned because it's a small bathroom and I'm not sure what I even hit my temple on because there wasn't any blood on the bathtub rim which is RIGHT THERE. And the tilting over when sitting isn't new either (altho I think I'm finally going to email Doogie...er I mean my new doctor about it because I've had this balance problem for years).

But, typing that all out, I really WAS more irked about the skewed bandaid than anything else! :)

Ooof
    Balance problems are the worst.

:#

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Ooof

It's so weird, tho. How do you even lose your balance if you're sitting??
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,853 Member
    Options

Ooof

I was wondering the same thing...
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,584 Member
    Options
    My ex asking for a specific favor from me which I would get nothing out of.
    “Ha, ha, it’ll be a while longer still fella!”
    He’s got a lot of nerve.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options

Ooof

I was wondering the same thing...

Ha ha …. Vestibular disorders can do that.
    Sorry to report. One minute you’re minding your own business, just chillin’
    Next thing y’know
    BOOM you and the floor are best buddies again.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    People turning down actual work because the government will pay them more.

Yes! Very irksome.

Indeed.

What's gonna happen when the Govt. winds back and cancels the the wage subsidy? They will come begging for work then. Is anyone even gonna remember though?

Don't get me wrong, I support a social security framework and there are GENUINE people that need it (disability etc). But from what I'm seeing here, people are actively dodging work because if they choose to work they get their govt. bucks reduced. It's very telling of someones principles and work ethic. It can create a dangerous ethos, getting paid to just sit at home and play with themselves...yeah.. money for nothing/free money..yeah I'm sorry that doesn't actually exist!

Its also irksome when people think they are above working entry level jobs too...literally the cashier girl at my fruit + veg shop has a Law degree and I give her mad props for staying engaged and actually contributing to the society in some way.

I can't wait to move to America lol

Getting political again, my bad.

But it is a genuine irk.

Lots of similar complaints over here.

Canada too. Help Wanted signs on businesses everywhere, they can't get staff.