October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Welcome, @mshawski , @momtoCMG , and @sthompson0214 !!!

My plan has 111 miles for October, so I am setting that as my goal.

Thanks for setting us up @martaindale!

I first read your goal as 11 miles and I was like she will do more than 11. Then I looked again and saw 111 🤣
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    October goal... 🤔

kickboxing twice a week
    stop getting fat...130.5 goal 120. yech.
    try to walk some, maybe even try the bike again.

dh left for a week and I already want ice cream, Netflix, a cat, and a naps. haha. Hey, Don't judge. I set Bob & Babs (vacuum Roomba and wet Roomba), free, put away a load of laundry, put one in, took out the trash, cleaned a cat box (scrubbing), half kitten scrubbed the shower, drove dh to the airport... Now I shall wander over to amazon and buy grout cleaner for my floors. maybe then popsicles, Netflix and naps...
    Money can't buy you love, and it can't buy you naps, either. :)
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    October goal... 🤔

kickboxing twice a week
    stop getting fat...130.5 goal 120. yech.
    try to walk some, maybe even try the bike again.

dh left for a week and I already want ice cream, Netflix, a cat, and a naps. haha. Hey, Don't judge. I set Bob & Babs (vacuum Roomba and wet Roomba), free, put away a load of laundry, put one in, took out the trash, cleaned a cat box (scrubbing), half kitten scrubbed the shower, drove dh to the airport... Now I shall wander over to amazon and buy grout cleaner for my floors. maybe then popsicles, Netflix and naps...
    Money can't buy you love, and it can't buy you naps, either. :)

It can buy ice cream, though.

and kickboxing lessons ☺️

It's all about balance!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @julieannegannon So sorry about your hip. I hope rest and stretching and no running helps. Glad you are being sensible about it.

Welcome to all the new folks. I can't believe tomorrow is Oct already. Haven't had time to sit down and decide what's next yet, so have no clue as to what my goal will be. Maybe I can decide over the weekend.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary and @polskagirl01 Love that you get speed work trying to keep up with your girls on their bikes.

@polskagirl01 I hope you start to feeling better on your runs. Good luck on your HMs! I'm sure you'll do great.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    October 1 – 5.14

Started the month out meeting a couple of friends at 5 am for a 5-miler.

@ContraryMaryMary and @polskagirl01 – I need to borrow your bike riding kids to motivate me to move faster!

Sorry that your hip is not better @julieannegannon. Hope it improves soon.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    10-1 7k slow

October Total: 7k
    October Goal: 150k

Sunny, mid 40s F, and no wind again today. Heard red tailed hawks and saw a wooly bear caterpillar

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 Hattie Larlham ThriveK, Aurora, OH Scratch
    @Tramboman - I had to look up Wooly Bear Caterpillar and I learned so much about them. We have them too but I had never heard them called that. So did you happen to count the number of brown segments or note the amount of black? From the Farmer's Almanac "The wider the rusty brown sections (or the more brown segments there are), the milder the coming winter will be. The more black there is, the more severe the winter."