October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @penguinmama87 I'm glad you got out for your run before anyone else woke up this morning. I am a dog lover, but I still get scared of being bitten by dogs that are aggressively barking. You just never know.

@Tramboman Knowledge is power. Now that you know, you can do something about it. Asking Santa for discipline is a good start. :wink:

@sweetdaisy13 Nice running and sounds like a very wise plan for the month.

@mshawski Great run. Looks like a really nice trail.

@AlphaHowls Hugs. All of those things are hard. Great running in September.

@polskagirl01 Glad your son rode his bike with you today. I love seeing all of you who get your kids involved with your running and out exercising instead of sitting on the computer all day!

Yeah for a great run @ContraryMaryMary .

@Teresa502 You did great on your endurance run. Sounds like you had a fun too! I'll bet that creek was cold.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Great job on the timed run @Teresa502. I love the shirt and blanket.

@mshawski What a pretty place to run our walk..
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly I hope the rest comes soon and you get to enjoy your holiday instead of working!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Great job @Teresa502 !

@quilteryoyo that sounds like quite a workout.

@mshawski it's not TMI for this thread; we're runners, and we do talk about stuff like this. I don't have any great advice on this, other than looking at what/when you're eating before running and seeing if there's any connection. It's still good to increase slowly, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise to get you to slow down.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Fingers crossed your leg holds up for race day. Even if you have a few days of rest, you still be fine for your race as you already have a good base fitness.

Not sure if you've changed your shoes, but if your new shoes are causing shin splints, maybe it's best to go back to your old ones until your race is done.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    10/1 – 3.01
    10/2 – 5.05
    10/3 – 7.02

15.08 of 90 miles

Catching up as usual after the weekend.

@julieannegannon sorry the hip is still giving you trouble

@CarsonSurfs if I had a dollar for every time I hit the ground on a trail I’d be rich. Sounds like fun.

@RunsOnEspresso it got cooler here in the mornings and I got used to it, then it said ha ha I went back to a million degrees

@Tramboman too funny!!! I’m seriously thinking I’d trust the eye of newt vs the national weather service.

Dogs always give me reason to pause on a run…are they nice? Are you not? At the coyotes and other critters just move along.

Hugs @AlphaHowls

@TheMrWobbly your holidays sound like mine, working while I’m on vacation.

@mshawski I’m with @polskagirl01 – nothing is TMI here!