October 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    10-1 7k slow
    10-2 7k sleasy (between slow and easy)
    10-3 7k slow
    10-4 rest
    10-5 7k measy (between moderate and easy)

October Total: 28k
    October Goal: 150k

Foggy and low 60s F this morning. Best run in awhile.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over
    9/18 Hattie Larlham ThriveK, Aurora, OH Scratch
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited October 2021
    @ereck44 Sorry you were sick and had to miss your HM. :disappointed: Glad you are feeling better and Yeah for your horse. What is it's name?

@CarsonSurfs Sounds like a nice weekend and great attitude about your comeback to running. You are doing great. Nice run today. Trails and roads are really different. I think you are doing great.

Nice running @penguinmama87 . Do you run mostly on trails? I'm afraid to listen to books on tape when running on the road because I fear I would be concentrating on the book and not on listening for traffic. Sorry your narrator changed. Things like that can be really annoying.

Glad you got back into the gym @johnisrunning . I'm guessing you are a treadmill hater. I really don't mind them and actually kind of like running on them for speed work. It helps me keep my pace up and consistent. Nice running today! Those are excellent paces.

Thanks @Teresa502 . I hope your gyms open soon. Are you going to run the Pioneer 5 miler this year?

Thanks @martaindale . I wouldn't choose to do all of those things in one day, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow. :lol: Sounds like you had a great weekend. Love the pictures of your campsite and hiking!

@mshawski I think you win in that category. :lol: Nice job running. I hate it when I forget to turn my watch back on, or forget to turn it off when I stop. Mine isn't touch screen, so I think that helps, actually.

@RunsOnEspresso I hope you enjoy your coach!

@rheddmobile Hahaha about the belly dancing outfit. What did your friend think about that?

@katharmonic Haha about the pocket dialed phone messages. Nice of your friend to call to make sure you were okay.

Great pace @rheddmobile . Glad you didn't step on the snake too.

Sorry you are still hurting @Scott6255 . Don't overdo and increase your injury.

Glad you had a great run @Tramboman !

• johnisrunning
    johnisrunning Posts: 142 Member
    Glad you got back into the gym @johnisrunning . I'm guessing you are a treadmill hater. I really don't mind them and actually kind of like running on them for speed work. It helps me keep my pace up and consistent.

Not actually a treadmill hater at all! My comment had been more intended to show how long it had been since I had access to one. But I am also glad that I don't run exclusively on a treadmill anymore.

I will need to get back on the treadmill soon enough to get back to some level of hill training. The area I live in is too flat to train hills properly.
  • quilteryoyo
    I worked yesterday and then had to run some errands, so didn't get home until after 6:30 pm. Since I hadn't eaten much during the day and was hungry and needed to try to get to bed earlier (didn't really) I decided to not do my 40 min easy run the plan called for. But, I wanted to do something besides walk, so I went down for a treadmill session and walked half mile each for a warm up and cool down and then ran a mile at 5mph pace. That felt pretty good and was really all the time I had. I hope to maybe run a bit more tonight, since I don't have to work tomorrow.

BTW, I'm sitting at daycare watching the kids take a nap and using my time wisely to catch up on everyone and get a couple of other computer based things accomplished. Glad we have that luxury, as long as all the kids are asleep.
  • quilteryoyo
    @johnisrunning That makes sense. I guess since I have a treadmill at home, I assume everyone does. :lol: I don't have to worry about having no hills here in E. TN. That's all we have, unless you use a treadmill or run on a school track. I do like to use my treadmill if it is too cold out, or dark, or I just want to run a certain pace. But, it is hard to get back into running outside once I've run a lot on the treadmill in the winter....well, not hard, just different. Doing a little of both is probably the best way to go.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I should add, that's a real bummer about being sick and missing your race @ereck44
  • quilteryoyo
    @polskagirl01 Sorry the new paths were meh, but glad you got out and got to see the pretty fall colors. I hate having internet issues, which I have all the time. I hope it is all working tomorrow. Glad you had a nice run and feel better afterwards.

Nice run @RunsOnEspresso . What is a potato doing on your sidewalk?
  • quilteryoyo
    edited October 2021
    I'm not working tomorrow, so was able to take the time to do my planned run this evening. I did run it on the treadmill, since it was already getting dark when I got started.

I ran a Fast Finish Run: 5 min @ 4.5 mph, 4 min @ 5.0/ 1 min @ 3.8, run/walk of 2x(9/1 minutes @ 5.0/3.8 mph), 10 minutes @ 5.5 mph, then 2:32 min @ 4.2 to get to a good mileage to stop. So, ran 3.5 miles and walked a total of 1.0 mile for warm up and cool down.
  • quilteryoyo
    That's great @katharmonic !