WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Callie was such a treasure, Janet, and I'm glad you have so many happy memories. <3

Just mildly annoyed, (but I'll get over it), that my son has just rung me to say he forgot to ask us to take the girls to school in the morning tomorrow. This is in addition to the collecting. Both times they are visiting secondary schools for/with Max.
    I was a bit put out as I am in the last stages of getting my memoir, THEREFORE I AM, ready for uploading to KDP. Need all my concentration for the final push. However, it will wait for me and it is not going to run away.
    I know my son knows it is a bit of a stretch, especially as the weather forecast is terrible for tomorrow morning. However, like good grandparents, we will gird our loins and do our duty willingly and lovingly. :p It is a very brisk 30 minute walk each way. Hoping for a gap in the rain.
    In the afternoon we are picking up Bea, giving them all their tea, and getting Bea bathed and ready for bed. The parents will be returning bearing fish and chips.
    All will be well.

Of course, my mind went into overdrive, but I'm already feeling better. :)

He said they are getting a new babysitter/pick up person soon.

Barbara - I find the LM so touching, with all those charity runners and ordinary people pushing themselves to the limit. Heartwarming stories.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Barbie thanks for starting us off! I thought I had already posted on this thread but maybe not.

Barbara happy anniversary!

Terri I like the tips/intros, thanks! agreed about F! I did say to O I should start recording.

Heather Belated happy birthday! yum for the meal out. I love a good seafood meal out.

Barbara is there anything you can do to make the walks alone more interesting? I used to walk tons and find it so interesting, but now I get bored. I used to be not at all in favour of having ears occupied - I preferred ambient sound - I am not one to listen to music all day at ll!!
    So now if I walk a lot I sometimes listen to a podcast or other audio and it can really make the time go by. or phone calls. I've done a fair bit of my activist work on the phone.

Debbie, it's very automnal here too: rainy and cool for many days.

Michèle what a great idea to give away most of the cookies right away.

WELCOME all new people

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE

COMMUNICATION STYLES
    I'm very comfortable speaking on the phone, for the most part.

email can be great for facts.

I find email not good when there are sensitive subjects, is often source of misunderstanding.

Julie, France

cool but no rain in sight for us- We could really use it. We don't get rain during the summer or early fall. We hopefully will get some by the end of this month but might not until next month. Still in the high 80's-low 90's here each day.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Terrri where did you find the habit tracker? I’d like to do something like that.

RvRita

I drew it out myself, in an A5 notebook printed with 0.5 cm squares that I bought months ago. I’ve a new one on the go for October which is a double page spread, as I thought that the September one was a bit cramped.

Barbara:
    Colours are just the 7 rainbow colours as they make a pretty pattern on the page.

Building Better Habits is a group on MFP Community to which I belong.

Thanks! That’s what I thought you did. I like it. I did find some habit tracker notebooks on Amazon and found that they have phone apps too. I’ll have to check them out. I do better when I’m made accountable.

RvRita
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, practiced WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD.
    Bonus: 10 mins vacuuming, 20 mins misc cleaning, ‘nother load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, livestream church, practice WBW, DM, GDLL, SWTD, SWSY, call Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, Silver Linings, T’ai Chi from Friday, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, USE those torture bands/do that SWSY video, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    3: Take a small step towards a goal that really matters to you. Hmm. Guess that’s the motivation problem, not sure I care that much about any of those goals? Watched a short video by the atomic habits author, seems to have inspired… ;)
    4:Start your day with the most important thing on your to-do list: better stick with morning readings, …begin thy task…

Terri, took a real close look at your habits. Thank you for the inspiration! Worked out I have 12 almost solid daily or weekly habits and 3 I want to work on, 15 grids, just like you. Adding colored pens to today’s shopping list. My graph paper has room for 4 grids across, plenty of space to grow ;)
    Machka thanks for the clarification, didn’t realize the Warfarin was a pill and separate from the injections. Not sure I could let Joe inject me either. [shudder] Did / do you have to have frequent blood tests? “…walk into the dead zone to get off the phone” :laugh: I’ve done that!
    Pip our dogs shed a lot too, but fortunately it blends in with the spruce needles in the carpet. :laugh:
    Janetr glad 3rd time was the charm. Joe and I have been together 37 years, married for 34, my first, his second. Think being friends first, and fairly self sufficient/independent helped. We both knew what we did NOT want in a relationship ;)
    Brava for your daughter reaching out to her son in law through her own grief.
    Kelly happy to see you posting, sorry your trip was canceled, was looking forward to more pics ;)
    Katla ((hugs)) a whole year is a very very long time. :cry: ((hugs))
    Tina I’m afraid I’m guilty of what your husband does to you. Joe likes to leave 5-10 mins before our agreed target leaving time. I frequently run a little late. We both get stressed, I feel pushed and he feels frustrated and anxious, but we’re both trying to do better.
    Heather why does watching the London Marathon make you cry?
    Lisa sending good vibes for the new Dr. and Wednesday’s appointments.
    Tracey looking forward to pics of your new chair, rug, lights and hooks. So jealous of your Ikea, have never lived near one.
    Kay and Barbie, “doughty” and “Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon” what a wide ranging education we get on this thread!
    Michele sorry to confuse. Guess when I was having my meltdown I didn’t hear which rx I’d have to self-inject. Did Vince have to have periodic blood tests? I’ve cried out “Help” mid-nightmare many times, so loudly that I woke Joe, no easy task. Then he has to awaken me, also not easy. I shake for a long time afterwards. Remind me what you’re dying the sheet for?
    Rebecca Athena Rose is growing up so fast, then looks like such a baby when she’s sleeping.

Phone conversations and hearing. I have to walk away from my laptop and turn off the tv or I will be distracted and drift off instead of really listening. I’m more comfortable with email and texting, can be more precise, but miss the feeling of connectedness that comes from hearing a beloved voice. Heather, I ache for your loss of Ros, I miss my friend Candy’s voice so much.

Joe surprised me with wine, a flowering succulent and a Pioneer Woman magazine but best was the meal we shared. KFC and champagne. We were both happy. Alas, we also ate too much and finished off the bottle ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:3, weigh/wii: 3/1/15; steps>7228=7479 vits=2.25, log=3, CI<CO=3, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=3, Shadow=4, mfp=3, outside=4, up hill=4, clean 10=4.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=1 , Mon:SWSY= , Tue:LD= , Wed:TC= , PW=, Thurs: BB&B=, Fri:TC=, Sat:PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3: 10/10: 10/17: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg= , grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=2, play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Its because she is a thumb sucker.💖👍
    Rebecca
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Could y'all possibly pick the children up by your car. That way the rain would not get you so wet.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Oooooo
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    (((Janet))) She is missed. Thank you for sharing her picture.
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Carol - that is a possibility. DH would have to sit in the car with the engine running while I cover the last 5 mjns on foot. No cars down to the school.
    It's a very busy urban environment , which is hell in rush hour. No parking. We are hoping that the storm will have eased off by 8.20 :o
    A smaller problem is recovering the parking space outside our house when we get back. We hate it when someone else parks there. Grrrr!
    Another option is an Uber, if there are any available, when everyone has the same idea.

I don't know what it us like with you, but Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram have gone down. Trust me to pick this time to make my first post in a year on Facebook! :# I thought I had messed up until I heard the news. I so rarely make a post!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Heather: <> looks like you had a lovely time over you birthday weekend. Hope you don’t get too wet on the school run.

Gotta go. Hubby is calling me for dinner.

☘️ Terri
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Facebook is down here! I hope they did not get Hacked!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Im glad its not just me im sure Mark Zuckerberg is having kittens right about now...im wondering when they will get Facebook fixed..or if they will.. Its dark and rainy here today,i went through a few drawers and got rid of things and got a few things packed.
    Will do some laundry in a bit
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Well, if FB etc. had a security issue, I'll be busy this week. What it didn't seem to affect on my feed is the advertisements, of course.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Kkkkkkk
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Vicki - Sending good thoughts for your DH. <3

Got to get up early tomorrow morning. I will sleep upstairs as I never sleep well if I have to set the alarm. I was awake really early this morning, so I do hope I'll sleep.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Not to worry ... FB was just down overnight. It's back now.