Hubba Hubba for the Holidays (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Here is an interesting water fact - "dehydrated people do fewer reps and tire more quickly."

And one about diet soda - "studies have found that people who drink diet sodas actually weigh more — and have waistlines that are 70 percent larger — than those who don't."

As seen here - http://www.fitsugar.com/Reasons-Drink-Water-18806655

Water, ladies, water!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have seen this, but I love it (someone here at work shared this with me recently).

hw0lch.jpg

PS--Aiming for my Awesome!

THANKS FOR THAT---
    i think that having 2 little girls gives me even more motivation to "be awesome" myself, so that they will always feel awesome and NEVER let someone tell them different......

thank you, i smile but also got teary eye...
  • Pam3
    Options
    Here is an interesting water fact - "dehydrated people do fewer reps and tire more quickly."

And one about diet soda - "studies have found that people who drink diet sodas actually weigh more — and have waistlines that are 70 percent larger — than those who don't."

As seen here - http://www.fitsugar.com/Reasons-Drink-Water-18806655

Water, ladies, water!

kristen.

you are so right the water is a big help....thanks for the info
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Not sure if you have seen this, but I love it (someone here at work shared this with me recently).

hw0lch.jpg

Thank you!
  • vallejos6
    vallejos6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi girls. Love the Awesome sheet, and it's so true. Thanks for the extra reminders about water. We had a field trip today and it really threw my water consumption off. By the time we got back at 12:30, I was DYING to get into the staff lounge and grab my water bottle to rehydrate (usually, I have one whole bottle gone at my 10:30 break, but today I had one at lunch, and am sitting here at almost 5pm, just finishing off my second, ugh!). Tomorrow, the little guy I work with is having surgery, so I have the whole day at school to be a teacher's helper and do fun stuff like laminating, copying, binding, etc. it will be a very relaxing day!

Food was good today, still a little to go, but should be fine. When hubby gets home, we'll pop in Insanity, ugh, not looking forward to that, then later upper body weights. Last night doing legs I thought I was gonna die, I hate lunges with a passion!!!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! gr8grl8 (sorry if I'm messing up your screen name - typing from my tired memory!) - LOVE the "AWEsOME" writing ! I've never seen that before, and since I have a 5 year old little girl, it made Sooo much sense to me!

Well, Plans A-D didn't work out! Swimming was cancelled, I got too into the baseball game to want to leave... worked thru lunch so couldn't walk then... baseball went longer that I thought, so no dinner for me until I got back @ 8pm by 9:45 when I finished the "prep for tomorrow" routine & tucking kids in, I was all out of oommph (and full of the excuses above!)

Tomorrow will be better - food was on track today. Technically "over" - but I'm set at 1200 calories a day and at 5'8" and 196(ish) pounds, I don't stress if I go up to 1400 (or more on heavy workout days)

Have a great night all, and I cannot believe tomorrow is Thursday! Where is this week going?

Hugs,

Amy
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Sorry I have been able to talk much, ladies! I feel like if I'm not in class, I'm doing homework. Boo!
    Here's an update on my challenges:
    a) burn 1500 calories - I've burnt 816 so far.
    b) drink at least 5 cups of water a day - Have drank at least 8 cups a day. Hoping to drink A LOT more tomorrow. I need to flush all this sodium out. I haven't been doing very good with sodium lately. :(
    c) get at least 7 hours of the best quality of sleep you can, each night - I know I didnt get 7 hours of sleep last night, probably about 6. I did get about 9 on Monday night, though.
  • julidav
    julidav Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    l Ioved the "Awesome" post.

Here's an update on Mini challenges for this week:

a) burn 1500 calories - I've burnt 1436 so far.

b) drink at least 5 cups of water a day - I have drank at least 5 cups a day (actually over)

c) get at least 7 hours of the best quality of sleep you can, each night -- This is the one that I have not been able to accomplish.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

I just wanted to say to everyone you are doing a fantastic job and keep up the high energy, positive attitude, and kind motivational words! You all can do this and i thrive on the kindness of everyone! Im here for you all and i hope this week is a great week for all! xoxoxoxox!!
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    gr8grl68 - loved Awesome!

kristen - thanks so much for the diet soda info. I'm so against all diet sodas & regular sodas...just a real health prejudice of mine. I can't think of any reason why it's a good option to drink a bunch of chemicals with artificial sweeteners or not. Has anybody ever read the ingredients on the can?
    Remember, diet sodas still feed our sugar cravings because of the artificial sweeteners! The sweeteners are 0 calories, but the fake sugar taste and resulting sugar cravings are real.
    There are so many healthier drink choices. Yeah, you'll get some calories with 8 oz of anything healthy to drink, but I've gotten around that by choosing to opt for 8 oz of water first, but if I really want something different than water...I'll have a 4oz serving of milk, juice, etc...followed by 8oz of water. It fills me up and has made a difference in my weight loss, calorie count and sugar cravings.
    I started doing this while I was member of the Labor Day Challenge recently and I've stayed with it! My decision to make a new habit of reaching for the water first always...allows me to enjoy more food calories at every meal and it makes it easier for me to stay within 1200-1400 calories for the day...especially when dining out!
  • jek002
    jek002 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I hope everyone has been having a successful week so far. As far as the challenges go, #2 and #3 are no problem for me (I probably am getting too much sleep actually) but I have not been motivated to work out at all this week :( Seeing all of your posts helps though, I have the video all set up to start after I write this!

I loved the "awesome" post too... when I student taught last year, I had 13 first grade girls in my class (5-6years) and they were all awesome! It's so sad that the world beats us down but we have to do what we can to get back on top!

Keep up the great work and I'll check in again soon!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options

hw0lch.jpg

I cannot express how much I simply love this. I've been slowly regaining my awesome. :flowerforyou:

In other news, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I just got hired for a job in my field of study, however it's only limited hours until January... so I can't yet afford to quit my current job. So I'll be going to school full-time and working two jobs. I've had some crazy schedules before, but this is gonna be pretty packed. I'm not really that worried about exercise, to be honest. I bike commute everywhere and this will only mean more commuting if anything. :tongue: I'm going to have to put real effort towards cooking and preparing good food for myself though, because sometimes I simply want to "veg" when I get home after a long day and grab whatever's handy.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a great Thursday! :)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Love the quote about awesome, thanks for that we can all use it.:bigsmile:

Scale was down this week now I just have to keep motivated to
    keep it going down. :happy:

Water also helps with joint pain so it is important you get enough
    each day.

I gave up soda all kinds a long time ago when I read all the reports.:tongue:

Everyone seems on track this week and all the motivation here is very
    inspiring. Keep it up!!:flowerforyou:
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options

hw0lch.jpg

I cannot express how much I simply love this. I've been slowly regaining my awesome. :flowerforyou:

In other news, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I just got hired for a job in my field of study, however it's only limited hours until January... so I can't yet afford to quit my current job. So I'll be going to school full-time and working two jobs. I've had some crazy schedules before, but this is gonna be pretty packed. I'm not really that worried about exercise, to be honest. I bike commute everywhere and this will only mean more commuting if anything. :tongue: I'm going to have to put real effort towards cooking and preparing good food for myself though, because sometimes I simply want to "veg" when I get home after a long day and grab whatever's handy.

Anyway, I hope you're all having a great Thursday! :)

Don't forget to make time for some FUN!!!!!!!!
    and to take care of yourself.....
    good luck!
  • gmomlyn
    gmomlyn Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just have to thank gr8grl68 for the "Awesome" post. It's been on my mind ever since I read it, especially during my Girl Scout meeting the other night. Twice a month I have 10-8th grade girls at my house for their Cadette meeting. I feed them dinner since most of them have after-school activities and don't have time to eat before coming to my house for the meeting. This is the 9th year I'm a leader for these girls...and, yes.....these girls are "awesome." When they were younger, they all felt that way about themselves. But just like what was said in the "awesome" posting, sometime around 6th grade you could see some of these girls beginning to doubt just how awesome they are.

So, at yesterday's meetingg I was in the kitchen getting ready to feed my troop, and the girls were all sitting around my dining room table talking amongst themselves, and here are some of the things I heard. One girl was asking the others if they thought her boobs hang down too low. Another girl asked the troop if they thought her butt was big and if it stuck out too far. One girl said she would like to be on student council, but wasn't going to run because she doubted she could get enough votes to win. Still yet another girl said she wishes she could be with some of the other girls in their classes, but she can't because she's in all the "dumb" classes because she's not smart enough. I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Well, change of plans for our meeting! The girls ate dinner and we talked about self-esteem and negative body image. We talked about how unique and awesome they were as individuals, and I had them make lists of all the things that they are good at, and the things they liked the best about themselves.

You can be sure I will be devoting more time this year to making sure my girls remember just how "awesome" they are. Oh, and the girl who didn't think she would run for student council, announced her candidacy today in school. Awesome!
  • Pam3
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just have to thank gr8grl68 for the "Awesome" post. It's been on my mind ever since I read it, especially during my Girl Scout meeting the other night. Twice a month I have 10-8th grade girls at my house for their Cadette meeting. I feed them dinner since most of them have after-school activities and don't have time to eat before coming to my house for the meeting. This is the 9th year I'm a leader for these girls...and, yes.....these girls are "awesome." When they were younger, they all felt that way about themselves. But just like what was said in the "awesome" posting, sometime around 6th grade you could see some of these girls beginning to doubt just how awesome they are.

So, at yesterday's meetingg I was in the kitchen getting ready to feed my troop, and the girls were all sitting around my dining room table talking amongst themselves, and here are some of the things I heard. One girl was asking the others if they thought her boobs hang down too low. Another girl asked the troop if they thought her butt was big and if it stuck out too far. One girl said she would like to be on student council, but wasn't going to run because she doubted she could get enough votes to win. Still yet another girl said she wishes she could be with some of the other girls in their classes, but she can't because she's in all the "dumb" classes because she's not smart enough. I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Well, change of plans for our meeting! The girls ate dinner and we talked about self-esteem and negative body image. We talked about how unique and awesome they were as individuals, and I had them make lists of all the things that they are good at, and the things they liked the best about themselves.

You can be sure I will be devoting more time this year to making sure my girls remember just how "awesome" they are. Oh, and the girl who didn't think she would run for student council, announced her candidacy today in school. Awesome!

you ARE awesome too:flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    Options

That's WONDERFUL!!! You keep on being their AWESOME leader :flowerforyou:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!!!!!! Those girls are very lucky to have you in their life.

• AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lyn - absolutely love what you did for those girls! My DD5 is starting Daisy scouts next month. I can't wait!

Hope you all had a most fabulous day. I cannot believe another weekend is upon us!

Wow!!!

Have a great Friday all!

Hugs,
    Amy
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a wonderful day!
    Just updating on my daily challenges.
    My exercise Is now 1111/1500
    I drank 136 oz (17 cups) of water today.
    I also got at least 8 hours of sleep last night. :-)