WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    M in OZ it's true a 3 days lockdown is pretty short. Was it useful? I have never heard of such a short one!

Yep ... it accomplished what it was meant to do. :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: emailed F and L about fence grant, emailed D about check and ABN form, take BP, met J to sign check, post office, library, massage.
    Bonus: Grocery Outlet, recycling, downloaded tax roll spreadsheet and emailed thanks to county.
    Just one thing: unpacked, tried on, repacked and returned LLBean and LandsEnd orders. :{
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, T’ai Chi, make up Tuesday’s line dancing, practice WBW, DM, SWTD, SL, learn the rest of GDLL, backup files, then call pc guy to schedule tuneup, fill in booster vaccine form with Joe, text C, make up Saturday’s pack walk, fire district: board meeting minutes, arrange to meet J to sign check, research district tax exemption for volunteer firefighters, AFG grant requirements including NIMS, call NFPA cancel inactive accounts, clarify benefits included in annual dues, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS, index mutual aid files and share with L; start Part D research with new rx info, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Sunday: call S, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Reminder: Weekly: Mon=15 mins SWSY. Tues=30 mins line dance at home. Wed=30 mins T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Thurs=15 mins BB&B. Fri=30 mins T’ai Chi. Sat=1 hr pack walk. Sun=15 mins pilates, yoga or wii balance games.
    October
    19: Identify one of your positive qualities that will be helpful in the future. Attitude of gratitude.
    20: Find joy in tackling a task you’ve put off for some time:

Heather, yours, Mary’s and Rebecca’s to Kim :laugh:
    Vicki prayers for your DH’s tests today, may they reveal issues that are easily repaired.
    Julie 30 pages, WOW!

If we won millions in the lottery:
    1-ask our financial advisor to recommend a lawyer
    2-meet with trust officer at bank
    3-set aside half for whatever Joe wanted to do
    4-set up ¼ in 3 trusts, 1 to loan nephews house down payments, 1 to go to god daughter, 1 for charitable donations
    5.use last ¼ to build new house on our second lot, all one level, ocean view, swim spa, dog bath/grooming area, raised bed gardens, wood burning fireplace insert, open concept with built in bookshelves and a library ladder.

Guess I’d better buy a ticket :lol:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: leaner/stronger/kinder than September.
    daily: sit with Joe:19, weigh/wii: 19/3/46; steps>7228=7550 vits=19, log=19, CI<CO=19, CI<250<CO=15, Tumble=16, Shadow=16, mfp=19, outside=21, up hill=18, clean 10=15.
    wkly: Sun:P, Y or W=3, Mon:SWSY=3 , Tue:LD=2 , Wed:TC=1.87 , PW=2, Thurs: BB&B=2.1, Fri:TC=2.77, Sat:PW=3, rX x4=3.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/30:141.2 10/3:141.3 10/10:141.8 10/17:141.8 :astonished: 10/24: 10/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1 , grant=2, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=11, play=46 sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

thanks for the enthusiasm! I can use a cheering team for the next months!

if I won a million or millions?
    a million is easy to spend - home - retirement set - done a bit of pocket money for trips. with a million I wouldn't change radically- I'd buy a home probably VERY expensive here - or maybe I would rent more upscale (probably more profitable to rent than to buy where I am due to high prices for purchase and strict rent control per sq meter.)

BIG MILLIONS - yes, an avisor would be good.
    pay off homes for family members.make sure everyone is set for retirement, or at least has an egg to help out) including nieces nephews, and great nephews, maybe cousins on one side too, that we were somewhat close to as kids.
    somewhat similar for some friends who have struggled financially, find some way to get money to them in a way they feel okay about. I think of a couple of people offhand.
    take vacations in more comfy places. like maybe rent a home by the sea for a week here or there - coast of France, Italy, Greece...

figure out some way to work on one thing for a little zone of the" greater good"- could be giving to charity - or setting up fund - or contributing to a fund - or other - to look into.

work only 100% of full time not 135-140% of full time.

get topnotch website.
    invest in time to improve work options. (take some weeks off to prep certain things)

I don't think I would MAJORLY change things.

rent hotel by seaside in more fancy place rather than in budget place...

eat out more and invite friends to eat out and try 3 star places occasionally for a real treat

keep going to my usual café !

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Heather: I watched Judy Dench prog as well 😂 Absolutely fascinating.
    Michele: It’s a hand held scanner, and we pack as we go. We still get to chat with the girls on the checkout. 😂

☘️ Terri
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

yujn6t7f6a0a.png
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Am here and reading; no time to comment much. I have had one of my kiddos arriving an hour early each day, due to daddy being out of town on business and mama's work hours beginning at 7 am.
    Alot I want to comment on, loving all of the pics. BUT...I found out DH has been trying edibles (cbd gummies, honey) but he isn't sure what to look for. Has to have low or no THC. I remember Karen VA and Lanette having a reliable online source that they shopped from. Wondering if anyone can send me info on what to look for. He needs it for chronic pain due to advanced RA. He would rather have something to ingest, than spread oil on his skin. Thanks for any help in advance! KJ
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Another Getting to Know You Question ...

What would be the first few things you'd do if you won over a million dollars, pounds, euro in the lottery? :):)

M in Oz

The first few things I'd do are:

- put it in the bank
    - hire an accountant. How does one find a good accountant?
    - hire a financial advisor. How does one find a good financial advisor?
    - then I'd set up an annuity for a portion of it (2/3) and leave the rest in a lump sum for more immediate use (maybe 1/3).

Boring! :)

M in Oz

And then, I would work on Plan: Move to Canada and Retire!

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    A million pounds doesn't go far around here. It would just about buy you a house like ours. :o I would spend it on cruises. :D First class travel. And doing the repairs and painting we need to the house.
    If I won tens of millions, then that is a bit different. Sharing it around would be my first thought. Family first. But a lot of money is a lot of responsibility. I do the lottery and dream, but DH says it would ruin our relationship if I won a huge amount. :p

I have my booster booked for Friday. :D Hooray! I got the NHS text this morning. DH has been done and had no ill effects. I was off colour for a day the last two times.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx still chickening out of uploading her book. ;)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2485722gdezgom36c.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Phhhheww my oh my... got a load of laundry done and took my pills and got alfie fed and that is about the extent of my day so far ,my poor body is still trying to catch up..
    There were mechanical problems on 2 planes so I didnt get into Bradley,my home airport till 5 pm and by the time I got home and settled with Alfie it was 7 ..
    I slept like a rock and i have things i have to do the next few days .. but today im just going to lay low and let myself recoup from my trip..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    We're finally going to get packing to go back to Arizona. This is the last day of harvest for my husband. I'll try to keep up but will have little time to respond for the next week.

Take care everyone!

<3 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Carol - that is exciting! Hope you'll keep us posted so we can watch.

smiles Kim
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We’re having a quiet day at home. Tomorrow we go to the doctor in Portland to get the lesions removed. The traffic and parking are the main sources of worry. The procedure is not scary but I worry about getting lost.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    <3Katla - Commiserations. <3 Hope all goes easily and smoothly, I hate parking too. :s

My hair cut went well. I went double masked and asked the cutter to mask up. There was only one other customer.
    Positive cases are high here because of schools. I am so happy to have my booster on Friday. Mixing with the grandchildren is a worry. They are constantly tested by their parents. Lateral flow and PCR. The cutter has younger siblings of a dangerous age -14 and 12. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    We’re having a quiet day at home. Tomorrow we go to the doctor in Portland to get the lesions removed. The traffic and parking are the main sources of worry. The procedure is not scary but I worry about getting lost.

Hope all goes well.

Heather: Totally understand your point of view. To many people aren’t being as careful or responsible as they could be. We’ve got to take our own precautions.

☘️ Terri