WHY do people CHEAT?

Replies

• Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2021
    One of them was local and Id see them everyday. One of them was 3 hrs away and would take greyhounds to come visit me on weekends. She was a foreign au pair, so she could not have a social life during the week. The other one was long distance and would fly in from her country occassionally to visit. Just spent my free time on webcam chats with the long distance one. They all sorta knew about each other. They knew who was who. I tried to be the good guy and break up with one before dating the other, but when the original came crying back asking me to accept her again, i couldnt take the tears and accepted....becoming the bad guy.

All in all, there wasnt much drama and it was a great 3 years. I would have married any one of them. And I did end up marrying one. 😁
  • drinkhorlicks
    drinkhorlicks Posts: 53 Member
    I wannabe a butt snorkeler
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
    One of them was local and Id see them everyday. One of them was 3 hrs away and would take greyhounds to come visit me on weekends. She was a foreign au pair, so she could not have a social life during the week. The other one was long distance and would fly in from her country occassionally to visit. Just spent my free time on webcam chats with the long distance one. They all sorta knew about each other. They knew who was who. I tried to be the good guy and break up with one before dating the other, but when the original came crying back asking me to accept her again, i couldnt take the tears and accepted....becoming the bad guy.

All in all, there wasnt much drama and it was a great 3 years. I would have married any one of them. And I did end up marrying one. 😁

What happened with the other 2? You got my curiosity
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,361 Member

They are in his backyard...(just guessing here)
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    edited October 2021

I remained good friends with the other two up until I married and then stopped talking to them. Not sure about one of them. I think she tried working in a different country for awhile before moving back home. She found a guy and adopted a bunch of kittens (my wife continues to stalk them periodically on FB and keep me updated). The other actually just hit me up a few weeks ago for the first time in years saying she hasnt gotten over me and needed closure. However shes also been dating a guy for idk how many years. I quietly deleted that message without responding.
  • Finishiitnow
    Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member

I remained good friends with the other two up until I married and then stopped talking to them. Not sure about one of them. I think she tried working in a different country for awhile before moving back home. She found a guy and adopted a bunch of kittens (my wife continues to stalk them periodically on FB and keep me updated). The other actually just hit me up a few weeks ago for the first time in years saying she hasnt gotten over me and needed closure. However shes also been dating a guy for idk how many years. I quietly deleted that message without responding.

Are you tempted to see them again?
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Generally because they don't think they'll get caught
  • deanowatt11
    deanowatt11 Posts: 14 Member
    Because they are broken in some way so are always looking for someone or something to fix them in some subconscious way, regardless of if they have a partner or not.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,474 Member
    I don’t know.
    But imo the worst part of being cheated on is the fact that that person could forget you exist while they do it.
  • Lady_ov_leisure
    Lady_ov_leisure Posts: 99 Member
    Because you really, really don't want to lose that game of monopoly 🤷🏻‍♂️ :bigsmile:

Dammit!! You beat me to it 😂 my thoughts exactly!
  • Lady_ov_leisure
    Lady_ov_leisure Posts: 99 Member
    All I can say is, I don’t understand why.. surely you should leave the one you’re with before you play around with someone else.. I don’t understand cheaters at all 🥴
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    All I can say is, I don’t understand why.. surely you should leave the one you’re with before you play around with someone else.. I don’t understand cheaters at all 🥴

Safety net. Like the monkey swinging through the trees in the jungle, they don't let go of one branch until the next is firmly in their grasp.