100 Fwd JR
    Down n Back on a bball court
    Butt kickers
    High Knees
    Laterals
    Build Up Sprints
    30 Kbell Swing
    Stair Circuit
    (every/other/face left&right, bunny hop)
    300 Meter Row as fast as possible
    Treadmill work:
    5 mins walk 4 mph @ 4 inc
    3 mins 7 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    2.5 mins 8 @ 2
    1 mins 4 @ 4
    2 mins 9 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    1.5 mins 10 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    1 min 11 @ 2
    1 min 4 @ 4
    30+ sec 12 @ 2
    5 min 4 @ 4
    Stretching
  • UberAya
    UberAya Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    30 mins of active recovery cardio - felt inspired on my usual rest day.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Did roughly 50 minutes of steady state (moderately easy) cardio. First half on the LateralX and then second part on the Assault Bike. These will likely be my two main cardio workouts for a week or two. Even though I enjoy the rowing machine the best, on easy days, it's much easier to control the HR with these two machines. I had no issues keeping the HR right around 62% to 67% max. Much more challenging to keep it that low on the rower.

Rowers that are way more experienced than I am tend to keep it between 60% and 65% max HR on their "base" days so they can push it really hard on the interval and distance timed pieces.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Strength, Flexibility, Balance & Mobility
    Yoga - (20m)

Misc
    Jumprope - 3x1m (3m)
    Hollow Body Hold - 3x20s (1m)
    Hip Bridge - 3x20s (1m)
    Hang - 3x20s (1m)
    Handstand - 3x20s (1m)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    Before dinner, I did a treadmill run: 7.25km in 51min08. I was planning a steady-state run but ended up increasing my speed at the end to the point of setting a new personal 1km and 1mi best.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    46 minutes on the spin bike to start the morning, upper body work out this afternoon.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Gym session again this am. Stability and core work. Swiss ball rollouts, curls w/squats, TRX rows, dumbbell back flys (1 leg extended off ground), med ball pass throughs, etc. 1 min assault bike between rounds.

Just signed up for a 6 week combo spin class/core session on Sundays. Its a 75 minute spin followed by 15min core workout led by one of my training partners. A group of friends who I've named "The Torture Sisters" have signed up as well, so it should be both painful and fun. :D
  • UberAya
    UberAya Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    40 Mins of HIIT followed by 20 mins of elliptical
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Boot camp in the morning - evening badminton
  • Gardensoul57
    Gardensoul57 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Morning 15 mile road bike ride slipping and sliding on Liquidamber gum balls, leaves, and acorns. Also took brisk 2.5 walk with my dog.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Morning 15 mile road bike ride slipping and sliding on Liquidamber gum balls, leaves, and acorns. Also took brisk 2.5 walk with my dog.

Always like riding with wet leaves on the trails (makes it kinda exciting :wink: ).... /end sarcasm
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    Options
    Intended to do strength training today, but want feeling it. So I did some fairly leisurely rowing (3584m in 20min) and then a short walk on the treadmill.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Day 42 of EPIC I - dumbbell capped shoulders & core strength workout
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    🦾 Blaster, Oh BLASTER! 🦾

3 x 21
    Dbell Bicep Curls
    Dbell Overhead Press
    Iso Rev Grip Extensions
    Bicep Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Tricep Exts
    Tricep V Bar Press
    Rev Grip Bicep Curls
    Tricep Overhead Extensions
    Rope Curls
    Resistance Band Exts
    Resistance Band Curls

756 Total Reps
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Very easy one hour of cardio -- first 30 on the LateralX and then 30 on the Assault Bike. All around 60 to 65% max HR.
  • DisneyBound22
    DisneyBound22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One hour pulling out the plants from the garden and flower bed. I am so feeling it now. But all movement is good movement.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    Today, about half an hour stationary bike . . . that's probably a sign that I'm starting to resign myself to the oncoming cold season, though I do hope to row tomorrow morning.

Yesterday, another one of those non-workout workouts: I spent two hours or so with fellow rowing club members scrubbing out the rowing barge and putting it away on land for the Winter. The photo below is part of the group at work, with only me recognizable in the photo since I didn't ask others if I could post. (I'm the frizzy-haired one in the oversized gray jacket, of course.)

The whole thing is about 6 feet or so wide, 50 or so feet long. It's actually 4 separable sections bolted together. While some of us scrubbed it out, the university women's varsity team's boatman took off the bolts/plates and tied the sections together with webbing straps. Then it was towed with a small outboard-powered launch down to the public boat ramp. There, it was winched up 2 sections at a time onto a good-sized boat trailer. The trailer was driven to a landing spot on sheets of wood behind the women's boathouse, where we group-lifted one section at a time to it off the trailer, then tip it over upside down (controlling the drop by holding straps as it rotated), and setting each section on cement blocks so oarlocks were off the ground. Four sections flipped onto blocks, and we were done. It was clearly not a workout, but fairly active: I have slightly sore muscles from some efforts with body parts I don't usually stress. 😉

Did I mention that it was a beautiful, calm Fall evening on the river? It was.

agveqeylojps.jpg

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    45 mins run
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Strength: E5-10MOM
    HSPU - 6-3-3-3-3r (0r)
    Pull-up - 12-6-6r (24r)
    Dip - 12-6-6r (24r)
    Row - 3x6r (18r)
    Russian Pushup - 3x6r (18r)
    *No HSPU, hurt my back the night before…