Replies

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    2nd workout for the day

100 Fwd Jump Rope
    30 Choppers each side
    30 Sec High Knees Jump Rope
    30 Banded Crunches Standings (Facing band & Band over Head)
    30 Sec Fast Jump Rope
    3 x 30
    Seated Calf Raises
    Land Mine Squats
    3 x 15 each leg
    Box Step Ups
    3 x 20
    Standing Calf Raises
    3 x 15
    Smith Machine Straight Leg Deadlift
    3 x 10
    Iso Dbell Iso Straight Leg Deadlift
    Stretching

480 Total Reps
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Supersets in my garage lifting gym for 30 minutes (8 sets of shoulders, chest, legs -- all compound movements), then 10 X 90 second sprints/60 seconds rest on the Assault Bike. Good for around 825 calories in an hour.

I usually try to hit 90% on nearly every sprint and then exceed in the last few. Just didn't have it today. Hit like 88% on first 8 and then barely 90% and 89% on last two. Couldn't push through any more pain than that. Still, all in all, a solid workout.

Ann -- I know that you miss OTW rowing every year. I'm sorry that's come to an end this year for you!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Leg Day!

Squats, SLDL, hack squats, leg extensions/curls, calf raises
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    There was rowing this morning, but I volunteered to cox the quad, so I was just sitting still fiddling with steering lines, wearing extra layers against the just-above-freezing air temp.

Back at home, I did 3 x 2K on, 2' off on the rowing machine. Unlike Mike's 2K repeats usually are, these were moderate intensity (though my HR reading from my chest belt + tracker looked whacky - I think I need some updated hardware).

I do think my HR got higher than I'd like to see on pieces that slow (I was trying to hold around 2:30, hit each someplace in the 2:29.X area, at spm in the lower 20s) . . . but not nearly as high a HR as the device claimed (161, which is the top end of Z4 - didn't have those feelz at all, probably actually somewhere in 140s, bottom of Z4, in 2nd & 3rd pieces).

In the "off" bits, I row out for a few strokes, drink some water (and in this instance coffee!), then row easy for the rest of the 2' off: Usually well over half the 2' is rowed, just easy pace, and the last one is rowed out fully at easy pace as CD.

For amusement value: Concept 2's calorie estimate (for the 2k parts only) was 286 (weight adjusted), Garmin's (which included the "off" parts (646m) and the HR weirdness) was 250. 🤷‍♀️ Close enough not to care, for me.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    Options
    I did strength training today, despite not really feeling in the mood for it 😛

3 sets landmine squats
    2 sets barbell bench press
    2 sets cable row
    2 sets barbell shoulder press
    2 sets cable pull-down
    1 set box squats
    1 set barbell biceps curl
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    20 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the stairclimber (I climbed 50 floors!), and then about 30 minutes of strength training, focusing mostly on arms/back/abs.
  • UberAya
    UberAya Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A lighter day on the elliptical. Heckin sore today!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Light treadmill ... only 23 minutes. Unfortunately, my knees continue to bother me so I have to go light at the moment.
  • JDMac82
    Options
    Workout 3

60 min's hiking 40#
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    Cold - near freezing - again, frost on the ground and dock, but nice flat water and some sunshine, so rowed bow in the double again, just under 7k.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym on the weekends, but I did enjoy a 3 mile hike with my mom.
  • Lietchi
    Options
    A 5km run today in 34min39 - started at 8kph increasing gradually to 10kph. I've really been making progress with increasing my running speed lately: ever since my outdoor runs on holiday where I realised I can run faster than I think, I've been pushing myself more.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I did my usual Elliptical but did more time than what I've been doing (2.5 hours). Did 3 hours 10 minutes today. It came to 15 miles. I was watching a movie part ways through then started the next of the series and figured I would finish it. Hoping to drop tomorrow into the 170's.
  • JDMac82
    Options
    30 mins running, flush the legs
  • Lietchi
    Options
    A short easy run this morning - 4km in 30 minutes - to burn some calories before a lunch with my parents at a restaurant. 9000 steps by noon, not bad 🙂
    I'll probably take a walk with my parents after lunch, but that'll be slow going as usual (my mom gets out of breath very easily), usually 5-6000 steps.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    A 2 hour hike.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Super easy one hour of cardio.
  • JDMac82
    Options
    Chores around the House