GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• e5litre
    e5litre Posts: 191 Member
    e5litre wrote: »
    Chest day
    46luosxjpikw.gif

Super cool!

Escaped from a 1980s music video😆
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I went to the weight room. I was so happy that I worked up to squats@140. Yes, it was only 3x4, but it's still baby steps fwd. And I know I could have done more...but the weight room was really crowded and noisy, boys were doing box jumps and medicine ball throws really close to my squat rack.
    Ok, quick question.
    I make plans to meet my friend to lift. She wanted to do T/Th. So I skipped yesterday to run. Then she cancels on me for both days and asks if we can meet Wed. Ok, but that would mean I get only 1 good lifting day. So I went today. But now I'm going tomorrow and will take off Thursday instead. It's throwing off my rhythm for lifting and making progress. And what lifts should I do tomorrow if I went today?
    (I did squat, bench, OHP, pullups, and single leg squats.)
    How do I address this with her? It's like a running joke with hubby that she will cancel...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SQUAT!!!

You could do deads, abs, and some upper body cable work. Depending on how your quads are, you could focus more on upper body work.

I had a friend who did that. I actually bought a gym membership so I could go with my friend, and she never ever made a single session. Eventually I gave up asking her. It hurt, to be honest, but I still went.

I don't have any cables. I'm thinking circuit, with bleacher snakes, kettlebell swings, some glute work or deadlift, pushups or pec fly, biceps and triceps, abs...
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2021
    Not exactly a PR, but I've never lifted before. Always been more of a cardio girl. I started a 2x week class 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked. Heading to the gym tomorrow to get in a 3rd workout this week. I love focusing on nothing but what my body is doing for a couple hours a week!
  • DancingMoosie
    How did it go?

My circuits were great! I basically did everything I mentioned...snakes, pushups, deadlifts, kettle bell swings, lunges, biceps and triceps and abs, jumping jacks:)
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member
    jenkindo wrote: »
    Not exactly a PR, but I've never lifted before. Always been more of a cardio girl. I started a 2x week class 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked. Heading to the gym tomorrow to get in a 3rd workout this week. I love focusing on nothing but what my body is doing for a couple hours a week!

This is awesome!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Here's my 374 lb. Deadlift at IPL Drug Tested World Championships. I competed in the Master's (60+) age group.f693uow6h8u9.gif

Solid lift! Incredible!
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    jenkindo wrote: »

This is awesome!!

Thank you! Just home from the gym for an hour. So I guess I'm a lifter now! :D
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    300 lb. squat at IPL Worlds. Should have gotten quite a bit more, , , yhw3d1vi32dq.gif
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    8ctw3sp62k64.jpeg

250 lbs x 5 earlier today. Been hanging out around 180 lb body weight after an 8 week bulk.
  • KickassAmazon76
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    300 lb. squat at IPL Worlds. Should have gotten quite a bit more, , , yhw3d1vi32dq.gif

300lbs is awesome!!
  • KickassAmazon76
    steveko89 wrote: »
    8ctw3sp62k64.jpeg

250 lbs x 5 earlier today. Been hanging out around 180 lb body weight after an 8 week bulk.

Incredible!! 😍
  • DancingMoosie
    I hit the weights and worked my way up to 145lb squat. Yes, it was only 3x3, but I am glad I tried. I felt a little nervous, so I didn't push it. It will get better with consistency.
  • KickassAmazon76
    I hit the weights and worked my way up to 145lb squat. Yes, it was only 3x3, but I am glad I tried. I felt a little nervous, so I didn't push it. It will get better with consistency.

Way to go!!! So inspired by your tenacity and don't quit attitude! ❤️
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Those are the bowflex adjustable dumbbells, I have the 90 pounders at home :) . Which one did you choose?
  • KickassAmazon76
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    Those are the bowflex adjustable dumbbells, I have the 90 pounders at home :) . Which one did you choose?

They are cheaper knockoffs, but look identical. These are the 52.5lb ones. 😊
  • mwgibler
    mwgibler Posts: 154 Member
    I enjoy seeing these. I have no idea how to make a gif and I don’t really take any pics while I’m lifting. Keep up the great work everyone!