GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts... Feeling meh about it. It was a good workout, but I don't feel as excited about it.

Squats: 5x5@200lb.
    Ohp: 5 sets of 10@55lb.
    Deads:
    1 set of 5@135lb
    1 set of 5@185lb
    1 set of 5@220lb
    1 set of 5@230lb
    Assisted pullups 2-1-1-1-3

Here's a highlight reel...
    ot8lvl6omd1k.gif

Looks like a lot to be proud of. Those are some solid weights there. 💪🏼💥
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts... Feeling meh about it. It was a good workout, but I don't feel as excited about it.

Squats: 5x5@200lb.
    Ohp: 5 sets of 10@55lb.
    Deads:
    1 set of 5@135lb
    1 set of 5@185lb
    1 set of 5@220lb
    1 set of 5@230lb
    Assisted pullups 2-1-1-1-3

Here's a highlight reel...
    ot8lvl6omd1k.gif

Strong af girl, when I do squats alone I seem to always go so much lower than what I do with my coach standing there. How do you force yourself to keep getting higher? Maybe it’s just a mental block I have.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Super psyched!!! So many PR’s last night... got my working sets up to 165 for front squats and 3 new PR’s for my deadlift, the last one was 270 lbs, which is well over the 2x body weight goal I had set for myself 😁
    My coach said the tire was about 300 which makes sense now Bc this didn’t feel as hard as I feel like it should of. Anyway, so thrilled 😁🤗

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c1e81b919ac361a9d05929a8e01de4595dc635c0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c1e81b919ac361a9d05929a8e01de4595dc635c0&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Wow! Super impressive. That pull You're doing is that essentially a rack pull using the boards?

I guess so but with side grip. My coach is trying to replicate the car deadlift platform, Bc the form is slightly different and I need to perfect it if I’m going to hit the weight they want. You are sort of supposed to push backwards on a lean like a leg press. It’s so hard for me, I guess Bc it’s so new. I’ll just keep on grinding and hope for the best lol!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Super psyched!!! So many PR’s last night... got my working sets up to 165 for front squats and 3 new PR’s for my deadlift, the last one was 270 lbs, which is well over the 2x body weight goal I had set for myself 😁
    My coach said the tire was about 300 which makes sense now Bc this didn’t feel as hard as I feel like it should of. Anyway, so thrilled 😁🤗

Definatly a powerlifster there! Congrats on the PR's Jenna

Thank you!!!!! 😁😁😁
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options

Looks like a lot to be proud of. Those are some solid weights there. 💪🏼💥

Thank you 😊
    Strong af girl, when I do squats alone I seem to always go so much lower than what I do with my coach standing there. How do you force yourself to keep getting higher? Maybe it’s just a mental block I have.

Thanks Jenna!!

Honestly... I don't know. 😊 By the time I get to the bottom, I'm ready to come up again. Lol

Funny thing... Tonight my first set of squats, last rep, it was like my brain stopped working. I just kind of stopped mid rise and stayed there. Felt like forever, but really was a second or two before I shook my head and realized I could move again. Lol

Clearly it wasn't too heavy (cuz I did 4 more sets), it was just like I forgot how to squat. Haha.

Anyhoo... The mirror in front of me is a good guide, and it's just... By feel now. Sorry I can't be more helpful! ❤️

• kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Wow! Super impressive. That pull You're doing is that essentially a rack pull using the boards?

I guess so but with side grip. My coach is trying to replicate the car deadlift platform, Bc the form is slightly different and I need to perfect it if I’m going to hit the weight they want. You are sort of supposed to push backwards on a lean like a leg press. It’s so hard for me, I guess Bc it’s so new. I’ll just keep on grinding and hope for the best lol!

I have no doubt you’ll get it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options

Wow😲
    So strong, working hard!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    y8g1lc5pi7ky.gif
    y7q6dh6mn441.gif
    32u9jx8dmwpj.gif

Just a few from today.

Rack Pulls: 3x10 315 lbs
    Seated Pull Downs: 3x12 160 lbs
    Flat Press: 3x10 225 lbs

Nice work!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    y8g1lc5pi7ky.gif
    y7q6dh6mn441.gif
    32u9jx8dmwpj.gif

Just a few from today.

Great job!!! Honest question Bc I always wondered this.... what is the benefit of a rack pull over a conventional DL? Is it Bc the weight can be a bit higher since it is higher or just similar to partial movements focusing more the top half of the deadlift? Wondering if after my strongman meet I should add them to my split.
  • jennacole12
    Options

Wow😲
    So strong, working hard!

Thank you!!!! 😁😁😁😁
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,075 Member
    Options
    OMG.... I officially qualified for my meet this weekend! Which meant hitting the numbers for at least 4/5 events. I did not think I’d get one deadlift, with both tires loaded, but managed 14, 10 under 60 😱. I wish I went a little less hard Bc I only needed 1 to qualify and I am still hurting from it, but proud nonetheless.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend/holiday!!! It was crazy busy for me but everything is when you have little kids 🤣 Anyway happy Monday!!!

This was the 10th rep, that face tho 🤣🤣😁

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a5bf9f9735d05cef4f30fc7d1e7d3a8acf7b86f3&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Congrats!!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,368 Member
    Options
    OMG.... I officially qualified for my meet this weekend! Which meant hitting the numbers for at least 4/5 events. I did not think I’d get one deadlift, with both tires loaded, but managed 14, 10 under 60 😱. I wish I went a little less hard Bc I only needed 1 to qualify and I am still hurting from it, but proud nonetheless.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend/holiday!!! It was crazy busy for me but everything is when you have little kids 🤣 Anyway happy Monday!!!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a5bf9f9735d05cef4f30fc7d1e7d3a8acf7b86f3&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Congratulations Jenna, keep us updated on your meet
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    y8g1lc5pi7ky.gif
    y7q6dh6mn441.gif
    32u9jx8dmwpj.gif

Just a few from today.

Great job!!! Honest question Bc I always wondered this.... what is the benefit of a rack pull over a conventional DL? Is it Bc the weight can be a bit higher since it is higher or just similar to partial movements focusing more the top half of the deadlift? Wondering if after my strongman meet I should add them to my split.

I always wondered this too when I first got seriously interested in both. It’s the same lift. The rack pulls keep the extreme bend out of the lift. Which does help a bit with lowering chances for injury. In my opinion it allows you to lift a bit more because you’re in a stronger starting position. Rack pulls are also not recognized in strength competitions. I have several friends that compete in strength comps and they train on dead’s leading up to comp and focus on racks the rest of the year. All have told me they notice little to no difference in the benefit on strength or muscle gains over the other. I’d also love to hear others opinions on the difference as well.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Kicking butt! Nice job
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    They caught me at the gym today again.🙈
    Not an accomplishment but....it’s something.😂

wn121iejrhdn.gif

I think this is awesome and would kick my *kitten*!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

I always wondered this too when I first got seriously interested in both. It’s the same lift. The rack pulls keep the extreme bend out of the lift. Which does help a bit with lowering chances for injury. In my opinion it allows you to lift a bit more because you’re in a stronger starting position. Rack pulls are also not recognized in strength competitions. I have several friends that compete in strength comps and they train on dead’s leading up to comp and focus on racks the rest of the year. All have told me they notice little to no difference in the benefit on strength or muscle gains over the other. I’d also love to hear others opinions on the difference as well.

I agree with your assessment.

The one thing I would say though is it depends on the height you set your rack pull to. I know guys that are just at or below the kneecap and there isn't as much gain or improvement (unless focusing on that specific part of the deadlift) as lower depending on your height. The lowest rack I have available to me is mid-shin on me which is where I typically rack pull from. That's still 6 inches higher than a conventional for me.

I also like to think of rack pulls as a way to train different parts of a deadlift, because you can adjust height on them. The lower you pull the closer to the conventional you are. But sometimes you need to work on hip hinge, or lock out, or keeping lats tight through lift, grip, etc. To me it allows for me to break down what I need to strengthen in the entire movement, and focus on that as well just by adjusting bar height.

Personally, I can pull heavier weight from the rack. They are great for working on lockout at a higher weight, and if I notice if I'm struggling at the top of my lift I'll rack pull to strengthen that aspect

I also use rack pulls as an alternative to lacking gym equipment so I could simulate an axle bar pull that would be a bit higher-- think hummer tire deadlift.

Rack pulls are a lot lower risk to reward and if not training for something they are great. I would personally switch to the rack pulls completely (when not training for something with a deadlift event) but I love the deadlift too much and I just feel better when there is a deadlift in my program.