GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of adjustable dumbbells! Woooooohoooo!

Good workout tonight. 😁80p0p43krdee.gif

Nice! I've had my Bowflex 552s since 2012 and still going strong. Just picked up a used set of the 90 lbers a few weeks ago and loving the extra weight availability.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym today...I was hoping to improve on my squats since I took last night off. But no such luck.
    Squats 135x5, 145x4, then 145 3x3 and 150 2x1
    Bench 95 5x5 and 100 2x3
    Then, I did circuits of dumbbell exercises for 40sec, cardio for 20, 3x each. There was a combination of front squats, single leg squats, shoulder press, kettlebell swings, single leg deadlift, and cleans. I also did 3x3 pullups
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym today...I was hoping to improve on my squats since I took last night off. But no such luck.
    Squats 135x5, 145x4, then 145 3x3 and 150 2x1
    Bench 95 5x5 and 100 2x3
    Then, I did circuits of dumbbell exercises for 40sec, cardio for 20, 3x each. There was a combination of front squats, single leg squats, shoulder press, kettlebell swings, single leg deadlift, and cleans. I also did 3x3 pullups

Sounds like a solid workout!! How'd you feel at the end?
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Here's tonight's recap...

Squats were 65x10, 135x5, 160x3, 180x6, 180x6, 180x8, 180x7

k4h9urfmolk8.gif
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    On the incline curls your elbows should be closer to the body, from that angle it's hard to tell but this exercise works the long head of the bicep which is done with the elbows close to the torso.

Also if you want a really good exercise for the triceps on an incline bench with dumbbells you should try this, it is great for the long head :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSQwBUwifw
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    On the incline curls your elbows should be closer to the body, from that angle it's hard to tell but this exercise works the long head of the bicep which is done with the elbows close to the torso.

Also if you want a really good exercise for the triceps on an incline bench with dumbbells you should try this, it is great for the long head :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSQwBUwifw

In the app I was using, it said to keep the upper arms tight and have the forearms slightly out and at an angle to the body. Because the dumbbells are so big, it is possible I over compensated and had them too far out, but it's hard to tell in the moment and from that angle afterwards. Lol.

It still felt like solid work, so that was good.

Thanks for the input! (and exercise vid) 😁
  • Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Those rows looked really heavy :o
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Mellouk89 wrote: »
    Those rows looked really heavy :o

They were only 105lb. 😊
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Last night felt really great! I have lost a lot of ground on my pullups (can no longer do one again), but that's ok because I've seen so much growth in other areas.

xby14ush9t5r.gif

To those who celebrate... Happy Thanksgiving!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

Wow! Peett fancy footwork and awesome coordination! My ankle is so bad, I don't think I could jump even once. 🤪

Well done!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,368 Member
    Options
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

DAMN! that's some nice rope jumping skills...and here i am being exhausted after just 10 minuts of normal rop jumping, singles, because i can't do those double unders yet
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

Wow! Peett fancy footwork and awesome coordination! My ankle is so bad, I don't think I could jump even once. 🤪

Well done!
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

DAMN! that's some nice rope jumping skills...and here i am being exhausted after just 10 minuts of normal rop jumping, singles, because i can't do those double unders yet

Jump rope is so underrated. I’ve seen my HR go over 200bpm with double unders.

Yeah ahah, I was a ninja in a past life.

More showing off…

Boredom at my old job XD

4xao667z6l62.gif

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,576 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

Well done!
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

More showing off…

Boredom at my old job XD

4xao667z6l62.gif

Color guard? You’ve got those kinda moves.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

Well done!
    🦋 / 🐝

idp1imu461u1.gif

More showing off…

Boredom at my old job XD

4xao667z6l62.gif

I think I've watched this a dozen times already. :smiley:
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Still no gif, but I finally got to use the Smith machine last night and I'm starting to like watching my form in the mirror. That's huge for me. I usually avoid looking at my body!
  • MaxGaynes
    MaxGaynes Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    k3n64r9m2hzk.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    jenkindo wrote: »
    Still no gif, but I finally got to use the Smith machine last night and I'm starting to like watching my form in the mirror. That's huge for me. I usually avoid looking at my body!

This IS huge!!! So happy for you!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MaxGaynes wrote: »
    k3n64r9m2hzk.gif

LOVE IT!!!