GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• MaxGaynes
    MaxGaynes Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Punching stuff is fun 😂
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This IS huge!!! So happy for you!

Thank you! That really means a lot to me. I'm starting to feel like an athlete for the first time in my life!

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    jenkindo wrote: »

Thank you! That really means a lot to me. I'm starting to feel like an athlete for the first time in my life!

That really is awesome. I overlooked the strength of positive self-talk/identity for way too long. It amazes me how much we have get out of our own way sometimes.
  • JenKindo
    JenKindo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »

That really is awesome. I overlooked the strength of positive self-talk/identity for way too long. It amazes me how much we have get out of our own way sometimes.

So true. To think I was capable of this my entire life, I just never knew it. Really raises the bar for everything in my life.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

I am so stealing that.
  • MaxGaynes
    MaxGaynes Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My self identity may be a little too positive. So I’ve been told…… haters 😋
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    MaxGaynes wrote: »
    My self identity may be a little too positive. So I’ve been told…… haters 😋

Nothing wrong with having a strong sense of self, in my opinion.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    How’s everybody been doing? I hope the holidays and the start of ‘22 has been treating you all well. I came down with a sinus infection the week before Christmas, pulled a muscle around my ribs coughing during what I discovered to be an allergic reaction to cough medication, and still dealing with a little bit of congestion when the weather swings, but otherwise healthy. Working my way back after taking about two weeks off lifting. First time I’ve been idle for that long since December 2016. GIFs from a lower rep push session Monday night. I’ve cobbled together a PPL schedule using PHUL rep range principles, so far so good two weeks in.

dlg9b2n5hacc.gif
    ? 1f3dobuedv34.gif
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    MaxGaynes wrote: »
    Punching stuff is fun 😂

Yeh, til they start screaming or punching back.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I went back to the gym after having 3 weeks off for vacation. I do Sydney Cummings workouts while I'm out of the gym.
    Yesterday's session:
    p8e0l9lig495.jpg
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    How’s everybody been doing? I hope the holidays and the start of ‘22 has been treating you all well. I came down with a sinus infection the week before Christmas, pulled a muscle around my ribs coughing during what I discovered to be an allergic reaction to cough medication, and still dealing with a little bit of congestion when the weather swings, but otherwise healthy. Working my way back after taking about two weeks off lifting. First time I’ve been idle for that long since December 2016. GIFs from a lower rep push session Monday night. I’ve cobbled together a PPL schedule using PHUL rep range principles, so far so good two weeks in.

dlg9b2n5hacc.gif
    ? 1f3dobuedv34.gif

Solid work!

Glad to hear you're on the mend and back at it. I took about a month off from lifting... Life, depression and a knee /ankle issue that was really ticking me off all played together.

I started back at "it" on Jan 4th. Logging food, getting at LEAST 40oz water a day (which is about 30oz more than I usually got🙄), and two workouts a week.

My weights are lighter (again, rehabbing that knee), but still doing the work.

Just starting tonight's session, so I'll do a recap after. 😊
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    4zv15mop9ms7.jpg
    I've been adding some different exercises to target and hit some areas from different angles.
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    lqs68kmf9bvr.png

No gif, but i wanna thank @KickassAmazon76 for sharing her 7 week meso cycle with me
    I only just started this 7 week training, but i think i am going to like it.

As someone who is more used to lower reps/ higher weight, this feels really challenging for me
    During the Wide stance singel DB squat (or goblet squat) i was using a weight, which normally wouldn't be a problem for me, for 5 or 8 reps
    But after rep 13, my legs started shaking like crazy, even one of the instructors noticed it and came up to me after, asking if i was okey? 🤣🤣
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    47s6b1kbaubz.jpg
    I haven't taken video in a while. Just trying to keep going. My strength has dropped...I'm wondering if cutting weight too fast also cut strength🤔
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No GIFs but I did two strict pullups consecutively this week. My goal is now to reach 5 before the end of the year. I love this thread and this community! I don't know how to make a GIF though..only a video! :)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    nay0meh wrote: »
    No GIFs but I did two strict pullups consecutively this week. My goal is now to reach 5 before the end of the year. I love this thread and this community! I don't know how to make a GIF though..only a video! :)

If you download a gif maker app, you can convert a video into a gif pretty easily and then you'd just upload it here like you would a picture. 😊
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    swp4ec1j6itr.gif

I love bamboo day. It’s me versus the small but lively, wriggling masses of weights.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    swp4ec1j6itr.gif

I love bamboo day. It’s me versus the small but lively, wriggling masses of weights.

This looks like an accident waiting to happen (if it was me, lol). I'd never seen or heard of anything like it before you.

This was my workout:
    cp6lay80botu.jpg