What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,943 Member
    Stationary bike for around half an hour, moderate pace, mostly Z3 . . . I think. Can you tell where I turned my tracker around from the outside of my wrist to the inside?🙄🤣
    xegb60e9yd2e.png
    I'm not sure whether I've just gotten too suntanned/freckled, or what: This used to seem to work. Lately, the chest belt is giving me readings sometimes (suddenly) that seem way too high; the wrist monitor sometimes reads way too low. I feel completely normal, so I think it's the devices, not my actual heart.
  • SammyW103
    SammyW103 Posts: 45 Member
    10,000 steps and 30 mins of yoga. Anyone else use the Gaia app for yoga or Pilates?
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    1/4 mile Jog warm up
    Hill Repeaters Sprints with 30 Rep Calisthenics at the bottom of the Hill for 45 mins
    1/4 mile Jog cool down
    Stretching
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    The weather and my schedule finally cooperated this morning - about 58 degrees, so a great morning for a ride outdoors... 17.86 miles @ 13.3 mph avg, total of 80 minutes on the bike. Didn't know how hard I would be able to push after doing the spin bike late yesterday, but everything felt good, so win-win!
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Pushed myself to do a sub 30 minute 5K. First one in a while...
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Been doing back to back Bootcamp this week and walking over lunch. Have my Styku scan tomorrow to see what 6 weeks of bootcamp has done 🤞🤞
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Today is a yoga day. Instead of my normal hatha or vinyasa yoga, I mixed it up with a yoga fusion class that had some pretty challenging (for me) body weight strength training. Wow. I was feeling cocky lately that I've been getting in better shape and this knocked some reality into me. lol... I had to modify quite a few things to get through it. This class was really out of my comfort zone. Guess I'll have to throw it into the rotation more often. Challenge accepted. :smiley:

(P.S. For anyone that cares: I'm using yogadownload.com. It's got a great mix of all types of yoga and you can sort by type, time, intensity, and teacher. Not all of it is free, however.)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member

Tuesday's double workouts take a toll on me, so Wed is easy recovery day. I did around 55 minutes of cardio (32 or so on the rower and the rest on the LateralX today). Finger got just a tad sore from yesterday so not all of it on the rower. All under 70% max and most all of it under 65% max.

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member

A shorter run today, in the time I had left before dinner: 5.05km in 35min37, mostly Z3. Nice to see my effective VO2max (as per Runalyze) increase to 36, not as high as the 43 my Garmin gives, but an upwards trend is all I'm looking for, I know I'm not a natural athlete 😁

• UberAya
    UberAya Posts: 94 Member

Another kickboxing day

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited November 2021

Gym day today. Lats and tri's were still feeling Tuesday's session. Lots of balance today via single leg work, swiss ball core stuff and weighted movements done while standing on bosu ball. Finished up with med ball slams, band pulls on bosu and 3 x 30 sec rounds done all out on the xcty skier(pull down and through).

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,093 Member

Strength training today:

• 4 sets landmine deadlifts
    • 3 sets assisted pull ups
    • 3 sets cable rows
    • 2 sets hyperextensions
    • 2 sets dumbell lateral raises

I'm nowhere near being able to do full pull-ups, but happy to see I've 'graduated' to full pull-ups with my strongest resistance band, not just doing negatives anymore.