Welcome former SparkPeople Members!

Options

Replies

• Boringfakename
    Boringfakename Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was so glad to find this group after Spark shut down! I just logged my first meal on here (today's breakfast) and looking forward to making progress.
  • HickGurl73
    HickGurl73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • rorlpn
    rorlpn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Rorlpn from spark people,recently rejoined fitnesspal. 3month ago, i have 36 lbs since April at a standstill for 3 weeks
  • Joellen69
    Joellen69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Joellen, but I prefer to be called Jo or JoJo. I used to use My fitness pal years ago and then lost my motivation. I decided to sign up again and when I did, it logged me in to my old account! I have lost 80 pounds since the last time I logged in back in 2012! I decided that I really need to log my food and water and I also need to be held accountable for things that I do and also for the things I should be doing but I’m not! I’m happy to be back!!
  • Prettyeyes0214
    Prettyeyes0214 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am prettyeyes0214 from SparkPeople.Thank you Betty for setting this up.
  • sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am from SparkPeople so glad I found this team. Feel free to add me as your friend.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options

Hi I was Getagripnan on Sparkpeople. I’m still trying to get a grip but can’t seem to stay away from cakes , biscuits or sweets

• davidander22
    davidander22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hello

• sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was with SP for many years. Just joined MFP 2 weeks ago. Still learning my was around.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Hello!

We are so excited to see so many new faces in the MyFitnessPal community that have landed here. We've created this thread in hopes that it helps former SparkPeople members with finding their friends on this new to them site.

Please feel free to introduce yourself, welcome new members and share links to popular threads and groups.

Many people are going back to Sparkpeople after the recent changes to MFP which make it the opposite of user friendly. Navigating between Forums and the main is time consuming. Going back to a landing page each time we want to post had many throwing in the towel.

Are the sponsors losing money now that people are giving up on the number of forums they previously contributed to?
  • Round3Again
    Round3Again Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a former Sparker as well, also a Canadian.
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Spark Family
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,442 Member
    Options
    Betty wrote: »
    Hello!

Many people are going back to Sparkpeople after the recent changes to MFP which makes it the opposite of user-friendly. Navigating between Forums and the main is time-consuming. Going back to a landing page each time we want to post had many throwing in the towel.

Are the sponsors losing money now that people are giving up on the number of forums they previously contributed to?

I do NOT know any MFP former Sparkers leaving now. My group is thoroughly enjoying MFP and we hope they keep making further enhancements. Spark aka PeopleOne is not a forum-friendly site for user interaction.
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,442 Member
    Options
    Any former Sparkers are more than welcome to join our group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140805-spark-people-friends
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,760 Member
    Options
    Likewise for the 5% Seasonal Challenge. We were an active bunch on Spark for nearly 12 years. We have made a successful transition to MFP and are thankful to be welcomed by MFP Staff. Thank you @Betty and other staff members who have been so helpful to answer questions and guide us along.

Our Fall Challenge is in its last week but our community will continue to be active until Winter 2022. Please feel free to join us.
    [url="https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141226-2021-fall-5-challenge-community"[/url]

If you would like to learn more about our challenge please visit our Web Page.
    https://sites.google.com/view/seasonal5challenges/fall-challenge-theme-destinations/welcome
  • focsle1928
    focsle1928 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Former SparkPerson here, so glad to have found you all again.
  • ltbow
    ltbow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Morning former Sparkpeople!
    Comforting to read the comments here.
    Some names I recognize.
    It's silly I suppose but I miss my spark page. I used to change the banner with the changing seasons. My spark page was my little go to place most mornings.
    Weird, I know. Lol
    Struggling with weight loss but can't give up.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,760 Member
    Options
    @ltbow That's not weird at all. I miss giving goodies. Here is one for you.
    2rmr9zzfjjph.png
  • ltbow
    ltbow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)