BLACK TEAM CHALLENGE WEEK 10

Options

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Black Team and anybody else,

If you believe in the power of prayer, PLEASE PLEASE PRAY for my daughter. Her seizures will not stop, the school just called and she had 5 in 30 minutes and her meds are not working. her doc is out of town, but the on-call doctor should be calling me back, if not, we are going to the ER. It could be so much worse, I know, but she is my baby. :brokenheart:

Amanda ... I'm definitely praying for you & your daughter! Let us know what happens as you can...

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Tresa
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

If you believe in the power of prayer, PLEASE PLEASE PRAY for my daughter. Her seizures will not stop, the school just called and she had 5 in 30 minutes and her meds are not working. her doc is out of town, but the on-call doctor should be calling me back, if not, we are going to the ER. It could be so much worse, I know, but she is my baby. :brokenheart:

So sorry to hear that *hug*
    You and your daughter are in my thoughts.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Sarah, Tresa and Shuntae - thanks for the prayers and thoughts. She is sleeping peacefully. The doc on call called me back and they have given her Ativan to go with her Lamicital. This will supposedly help stop those nasty seizures but will also make her extremely sleepy. Last time we did this with her about two years ago for anxiety she slept for 23 hours straight. I am waiting for the pharmacy to get the order so we can go pick it up. I love this kid so much! :heart:

This sounds selfishish (sp), I am sure, but I am so glad I got my exercise in this morning.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Oh, Amanda. *hugs* I'm praying for you & your dd, my dear. Hang in there, mommy & try to keep us updated if you get a chance! :frown:

Amanda, :heart: and prayers for your daughter and family.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Bobbi - I forgot you were doing the couch to 5K, too! WTG, lady! I need to get my butt in gear & start it up before I change my mind.

Sarah, OH EM GEE, I am so tired. Today's kicked my butt. I looked ahead to see what the workouts would be like, not a good idea:noway: :frown: :grumble:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Sarah, Tresa and Shuntae - thanks for the prayers and thoughts. She is sleeping peacefully. The doc on call called me back and they have given her Ativan to go with her Lamicital. This will supposedly help stop those nasty seizures but will also make her extremely sleepy. Last time we did this with her about two years ago for anxiety she slept for 23 hours straight. I am waiting for the pharmacy to get the order so we can go pick it up. I love this kid so much! :heart:

This sounds selfishish (sp), I am sure, but I am so glad I got my exercise in this morning.

Amanda - all my prayers and thoughts for your daughter :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: - what a helpless feeling :brokenheart: :brokenheart: .. I'm glad she is sleeping now and I hope they get her meds sorted out quickly - how scary

and it is never selfish to be glad you took care of yourself so that you could be there completely for your daughter when she needed you - way to go!! both on the exercise and the mommy - stuff!!!

Take care of both of you.. janie
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

I was going to complain about how tired and crappy I feel, but I read this and now have nothing to say.. God bless you both.. janie
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Janiebeth :flowerforyou: I am sorry you feel tired and crappy. Hang in there, sometimes I count the hours until bedtime. :laugh:

Sarah, I am so glad that your beachbody stuff is on the way! YEAH! Hope your day wasn't too bad with speech and shopping. I know all about therapy and those days. Sometimes I get tired thinking about them.

Bobbi, I am so glad you got a good work-out in and your butt kicked! :laugh: Thanks for your prayers!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Amanda – I’m so sorry about your daughter! Working out is good for you. Don’t feel bad. It’ll help clear your head and reduce stress a little bit. :flowerforyou:

Marla – Just think how in shape your fingers must be after all the typing! Harley has been waking up at 5:30 to have a bottle and then she goes back to sleep until about 8:30. Today she slept until 7:30. It was wonderful.

Shuntae – HRM’s are great. I love knowing what I burnt more than just an estimate. Good deal too!

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical this morning but got busy afterwards and forgot to stretch. (Oops!) I just did 45 more minutes and made sure to stretch afterwards. Though I must say it is very hard with a dog licking my face!

Harley just woke up and she’s “calling” me. Laters!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Amanda, you and yours will be in my prayers.

In other news. I am SO happy.

I was starting to feel a bit hopeless about this whole wearing an event monitor, not sleeping, drinking a hella lot of caffeine thing. You know, what's the point of putting my body through hell if I can't recreate the palpitations and problems I was having before.

Well, yesterday after work I decided to get new work pants (OMG SIZE 15!!!! WHHHUT????) and while trying pants on WHAM! I didn't have a 'flutter', or a 'jump' or anything. I had a full out heart attack (what I call them anyway). Which really the flutters and jumps lead up to anyway, so it was better to experience that then the little piddling flutters. I SO wasn't expecting that! So I pressed the record button and sat on the floor in the dressing room with my heart beating out of my chest for no particular reason. It took a full three minutes for it to die down. Ugh.

You know how it feels at the end of a really hard work out? When your heart is pounding, you feel a bit light headed, worn out, your legs are weak, your hands shaking... and you're just miserably, beautifully undone? That's what I felt like... after the grand exertion of pulling pants on!

Anyway, I'm just so SO happy that I caught it on the event monitor because that was one of the WORST I've had in a long time and now I can finally discover if it's anything to worry about or something to just ignore. And I've also figured out fatigue is a big trigger!

:bigsmile:

My week of no sleep has not been in vain. For this I am pleased. And yeah I didn't catch any of the proper flutters but I caught something much more worrisome so it's alll good.

Anyway, I hope everyone is okay. Amanda, I'll be thinking of you!!!! Seizures are scary things, especially when happening to someone who owns your heart.

See you guys!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Nicky, you are so right, she owns my heart! :heart: My dh and my other two kids are awesome and I love them tremendously but there is something about a helpless 5 year old that just makes a person realize how big their heart is. :heart:

Nicky, I am SO glad that you caught that attack, that is such a good thing, so you will know if you need to worry or not. I guess all that all the junk you went through this week was worth it although I know it was hard. Now maybe you will get some answers and I am hoping you are happy with your pant size. I can't really tell if you are happy or upset???? :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I have you both in my thoughts!!! I just can't even imagine. I work with a lady who has epilepsy and had her Dr.. appointment today and she was supposed to work. She told me that she felt like our boss was going to cause her to have a seisure. I was like you have to go to this appointment. I hope everything turns out ok. Lots of sleep for her might not be a bad thing for you!!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Amanda, how scary for you, I hope she gets some rest.
    Nicky, also freaky scary for you, I hope you get some rest.

Okay so I was a bad girl, depressed and tired and icky last week. I didn't log, I didn't exercise, I didn't care. But this week, I am doing much better, and I decided to face up to it, I did sit down and mentally analyze what I have and have not been eating lately.

I've been going back to my fat starving girl ways, for one thing... not eating for long periods of time then binging on anything I can get my hands on, then feeling guilty and not eating for several hours or even the next day, even last week eating until I was sick. I couldn't fill the hole. Then it hit me, I've been eating no meat, little dairy, a handful of nuts here and there, tons of veggies and fruits but essentially NO PROTEIN!
    Holy batcrap, no wonder I have been feeling empty!! Combined with the lonliness, the not being accountable either to myself (no logging) or you guys (can't weigh in), the readily available supply of food I had on hand, and the protein deficiency last week was horribly bad for me, worse than I can even talk about in a public forum.

BUT I really have it together this week, I went and bought some soy protein shake to suppliment, and started taking my multivitamin again.. Sam, if it's okay I am going to weigh in on Sunday morning to turn in to you.

Lynnie
    who is going to be okay!:bigsmile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, if it's okay I am going to weigh in on Sunday morning to turn in to you.

Lynnie
    who is going to be okay!:bigsmile:

That is fine.

I just want to tell everyone sorry now. I have been very very lazy this week and tonight will be the first time that I have worked out all week. I have ate pretty well but, I have just been very lazy.

I promise to get it together next week. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Praying is in this week! Amanda, I am glad you baby girl is resting now.
    Nicky, jeez-that had to be so scary! I get mini flutters that scare me.....I mean 3 seconds and I am scared!

Everyone else I am thinking of you and hoping I can post a pound or 2 this week.

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: JEannie
  • lynniejones
    Options

That is fine.
    :heart: Thanks so much!!!
    I just want to tell everyone sorry now. I have been very very lazy this week and tonight will be the first time that I have worked out all week. I have ate pretty well but, I have just been very lazy.
    :heart: It will be okay Sam, you've been such a force on this team, everyone has a down day, or week.

• Girlmom282109
    Options

That is fine.
    :heart: Thanks so much!!!
    :heart: It will be okay Sam, you've been such a force on this team, everyone has a down day, or week.

Thanks. I just feel bad for letting everyone down!!
  • lynniejones
    Options
    Sam, dear, darling, o captain of mine,
    You have not let a single person down. You are there for us all the time, and you are amazing for giving us your time to do the weigh ins and such. I appreciate you so much!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Sam, I have to agree, you sure haven't let me down, you are such an inspiritation to me! :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, I have to agree, you sure haven't let me down, you are such an inspiritation to me! :heart:

thanks I just feel like I have to be on all the time. I know I am allowed set backs and all the things that everyone else gets but I am very had on myself because if I'm not I will turn back into that fat girl I used to be. I don't want that! I know that one week won't do that to me but I feel like I am spiraling. KWIM?