November 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Thanks! I'm hopeful this works for me. :)

@shanaber Thanks! I'm going to try with the jumping in, but I work nightshift, so I tend to be more active in the evening/wee early morning hours in EST and I end up missing a lot of the conversation before I'm able to chirp up. lol

17-Nov: I made sure when I went to Wal*Mart after work I walked the entirety of the store before I found my way to the section I needed. Then I back-tracked to find the check-outs. I know it's not much, but it's a start. I purchased a convertible ropeless jumprope that will hopefully be in soon and I can also start incorperating more movement at work. Fingers crossed.
    exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @shanaber I did the same thing to find my last post and copy my mileage. When the thread really gets going it can be several pages back. I really liked that function. :/

You can click on your profile picture and scroll down to the Replies link. That will show you a list of your recent replies.

@Scott6255 - I had no idea either! Thanks!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I arrived in DC about 1:30 this afternoon and the weather was AMAZING. 73 degrees and sunny. I got in my hotel and immediately changed into my running clothes and headed toward the National Mall. I ended up running a lot longer than I planned, but it was just so beautiful and there is so much to see and it was a rare run that felt like I could just keep going. Tomorrow is supposed to be only 47 degrees high and I'll be busy so I'm glad I was able to get out there and do a longer run today.
    @katharmonic - this is how I felt when I ran there too! I just wanted to keep going and was in awe of all the sights around me!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Got out late, 5k in my dodgy neighborhood plus a little walk. We tried a different path for our walk but forgot the sidewalk ends over there so ended up walking the shoulder next to the railroad for half a mile with rush hour traffic in our faces. Ugh! I could write a book about why this is a terrible city for runners.

On that subject, local people keep holding emergency meetings with the various law enforcement, city council and so on, trying to find out why no one is doing anything about the street racers. It’s my private opinion that the police are on the take. Nothing else makes sense. I could tell you exactly where they are going to be and when on any given night, they stay out there for hours with their engines audible for miles, and the police claim they can’t catch them.. Well, on weekends they are doing donuts on the dead end which backs onto my house, and then racing on the roads in my neighborhood. My husband and I have actually run through the middle of a street race once by accident. They were very polite to us and stopped the race until we played through. But I have raccoon and cat friends who live around here and I don’t want them flattened. Also, according to the police the reason they are so willing to do tricks in their cars is that they steal the cars, race them, then abandon them. There was a very nice brand new Mustang abandoned on the curb facing the wrong direction with one wheel snapped off about a block from our house this week.

So the city voted to give the police a special fund to catch these guys. You know what the police department did with the money? They put up electronic signs which say “SLOW DOWN MEMPHIS.” That’ll definitely stop street racers in stolen vehicles!
  • Lorelei19
    Lorelei19 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    18-Nov: I was a slacker today and did nothing. Actually, it was more of... work wiped me and I wanted nothing more than to fall into bed. Which I did. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

17-Nov: I made sure when I went to Wal*Mart after work I walked the entirety of the store before I found my way to the section I needed. Then I back-tracked to find the check-outs. I know it's not much, but it's a start. I purchased a convertible ropeless jumprope that will hopefully be in soon and I can also start incorperating more movement at work. Fingers crossed.

exercise.png
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    11-1 7k easy
    11-2 7k easy
    11-3 7k slow
    11-4 4k slow
    11-5 7k sleasy (between slow and easy)
    11-6 7k measy (between moderate and easy)
    11-7 7k measy
    11-8 7k sleasy
    11-9 7k measy
    11-10 7k sleasy
    11-11 11k slow
    11-12 7k sleasy
    11-13 7k slow
    11-14 7k slow
    11-15 7k slow
    11-16 7k slow
    11-17 7k sleasy
    11-18 5k treadmill
    11-19 7k sleasy
    11-20 7k slow

November Total: 139k
    November Goal: 180k

Mostly cloudy, low 30s F, with a southeast wind. Yesterday's fun turned into today's struggle.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH 31:48 chip; 31:59 Garmin; 53d overall; 2d male 65 and over
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH 32:19 Garmin; 44th overall; 3d place male 60 and over