WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Tracey - and others.
    These are Lisa's instructions for finding it. Our dates are day/month/year, so look for 19/11/21

Here you go!  Radio Sussex - Listen Live - BBC Sounds slide to the bottom the page and pick up Sarah Gorrell, it will show her episodes. I believe Heather said she is at the three hour, eight minute mark.

I have just found it using Search on their website, Sarah Gorrell.

I'm all dressed up and ready to go out in twenty minutes time to the bistro. :D We opened our presents this morning! ;) DH was pleased with his silk tie for our cruises. I got a very interesting book on the history of the Basque people. Lots of other foodie stuff.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept well,had weird dreams,I have to run some errands this morning and will come back and start packing to go to Cape Cod and work more on afghan.. that poor kid is going to need a wheelbarrow to bring it up to her room ,but think she will love it lol
    Well ta ta for now
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    (((Beth)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    i2ttwm3vw3ck.jpeg
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad I had them put the booster in my left arm, as I'm right-handed. Hurts like stink, like someone hit me really hard with bare knuckles. There are worse things, it's just annoying

Gray and gloomy day so far here... the weather channel says it's sunny, but they are wrong.

I think... I'll go back to bed.

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an alternate way (FB, email) to contact Katla? Would you contact her with the link to this month's thread or ask if ok to share her contact info with me? Looks like in addition to the travel stress, she can't get to this month's thread. I've tried PM'ing her in mfp, no response.

Thanks,
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    💞
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Barbie ~ I got my last jury summons when I was 69 and would have been 70 in a few months. In Georgia, you do not have to do jury duty after 70. I was terrified of going to the court house because I wasn't sure where to park and had my husband drive me there the day before. At that time, my knee was in very bad condition and the walk from the lot to court was long. Anyway, by the grace of God, I did not get picked for jury duty and was able to go home.

Carol in GA

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I posted the link to the Nov thread on Feb 2020’s thread. I don’t know any other way to direct Katla here.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I posted the link to the Nov thread on Feb 2020’s thread. I don’t know any other way to direct Katla here.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

This is so painful. I have been trying to chat with her in the private group, but she keeps starting new discussions, saying she misses everyone, and not responding to my responses. I am quite worried.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Flea ~ I no longer go to the private group but just wonder if Katla and her husband got to their destination.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Heather just listened to your interview, stellar and so nice to put a voice to the face,
    You sounded wonderful and not nervous at all..
    I have been working on the afghan..the lady upstairs from me with the disruptive grandson has put her condo on the market,im guessing she would rather sell and find a house where they can both live and she can leave to him,and not have to deal with everyone complaining about him.. thats her choice.
    Well back at it and then go feed Trudys cat,she went to New Orleans till Thursday with her youngest
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

jngx7rfzsypa.jpeg
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Flea ~ I no longer go to the private group but just wonder if Katla and her husband got to their destination.

Carol in GA

I can't tell. She sounds like they did, and they were going to stay in a hotel, and then they were going to stay in an RV, and then she said everything was off. I have asked her, but she hasn't responded.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Flea, That all sounds horribly painful. Glad to hear you're home and convalescing. Thinking of you.

Heather, You and Johnnie just look so joyful. Happy 17th again!

About an hour ago, heard what sounded like a nearby shotgun blast, simultaneous to the electricity going out. Which makes me think it was probably a transformer blowing up. Using my phone as a hotspot, so won't stay online too long. Hope it comes on soon.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Flea - thinking of you. <3

Oh dear, worried about Katla.

Watched an episode of 'Place in the Sun ' this evening, about Brittany. It's sooooooo long since we've been to France. :'( Got quite a pang.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx